New Warchest Coming!

The next Warchest will come with very interesting new skins!

Terran: Tyrador

Zerg: Cerberus

Protoss: Ihan-Rii

Personally; I like the Ihan-Rii the best. Also, classic Brood Wars skins for Marine, Hydralisk & Zealot. These skins have very interesting lore to them. Maybe one day we will get introduced to these new factions?

5 Likes

What new coop commanders would the skins fit?

4 Likes

Well, unfortunately; there are no characters that we know of as of yet. Could be that a new Mission Pack is planned to introduce these factions?

If not; Maybe Niadra could use Cerberus? Tosh use Tyrador? Rohana use Ihan-Rii?

3 Likes

Aside from the obvious Zeratul vibes from the Protoss skinset, it has been fun trying to imagine how the new skinsets could be used in coop in some form or fashion.

The Cerberus remote control zerg brings back some serious UED vibes, but who in the world could ever fill that kind of theme for a commander? Dugalle is deader than dead, and even referred to as deceased in coop by Stukov himself, making any sort of retcon to shoehorn Dugalle even more egregious than it already is, and Duran, the other notable character from the UED campaign, would also require some pretty big thinking to retcon some alternate timeline where Duran was separate from Narud and not an evil Xelnaga.

I do like the idea of a commander with quality Terran units being screened by basically expendable RCZ units being used as cheaper fodder, but Stukov kind of already does that. Hmm.

As for the Knights of Tyrador, you got me. They are just a private security force for a resort world, one that has no connections with any established lore as of yet. But some of the units looks uninspired, while others look downright sick! The Viking engine effects are really cool, and silver chrome finish is especially cool and especially noticeable on the Behemoth-class BC.

3 Likes

I’m a sucker for Infantry units. The Ihan-Rii Zealot, Adept, Dark Templar, High Templar/Archon etc. look great! I want to play around with them!

Maybe, if we get a new Mission Pack at Blizzcon; it could focus on the Ihan-Rii? Get a new Ihan-Rii character would later can be made into a Commander? If that is the case; I want him/her to be active on the field as a Hero unit like Nova was for her Mission Packs!

1 Like

the terran units looks like they are more powerful and as such: the commander that is going to use them will likely have stronger units.

I can only really see them being folded back into pre-existing commanders, swapping out some of zeratul’s palette swap skins and maybe giving Stukov the Cerberus overlord/overseer.

I guess they could be used for a Black Flag commander, but that seems difficult to pull off, and unlikely immediately after Stettmann.

2 Likes

The Cerberus skins could be used in a Terran commandar with some basic terran units who can deploy zerg units too.

2 Likes

does someone know when?

the Ihan-Rii is the Zeratul’s skinset, yhea they redone some units better, like Xel’Naga Precursor (Probe) or Xel’Naga Void Array (Warp Prism), but they do this even in others, like Forged’s Slayers and Wrathwalker that are different from the models used by Alarak.
Now… talking about the remaining skinset (Tyrador and Cerberus), for Tyrador I don’t see any character that can fit it, but they are an elite militia for really important people of the Dominion, so, don’t seems too absurd give this skinset for Mengsk’s elite, I mean… the Dominion Command Center of the Remastered was literally made of gold, so is not so strange think that the Mengsk’s elite have equipment, veichles and ships made of platinum (their description say they are made of platinum).
now… for Cerberus we have a character that can fit, since this connected to Cerberus project (for who don’t know, Cerberus appeared in SC1 Loomings (or Precursor) so, the only character that I can connect to this skinset is Cerberus Commander from Loomings, and I too think this is really absurd, but we already have SC1 DLCs reference in Co-Op (Talandar’s heroes, and the Zeratul’s heroes I suspect are the same of the Enslavers 2 mission where you must destroy the Khaydarin crystals, since in that mission you have an elite unit gruop with unnamed DT, HT and DA heroes (Zoraya is a Void Ray I know, but piloted by a DT) but this is just my speculation), and Blizzard already said that they will like to bring DuGalle and Aldaris to Co-Op, so the possibility that they take Cerebrus Commander as a Co-Op commander is not so absurd)

1 Like

doesn’t matter, the deaths of Zeratul and Tychus were major plot points in the campaigns. Deaddness has absolutely nothing at all to do with coop commander status

Dugalle it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

who knows? blizzard adds commanders independent of canon. it depends on who they want to include.

1 Like

Zeratul’s legendary legion commanders are from the Colossus short story from WoL (or, Zoraya and Telbrus, at least. Serdath isn’t from anything). Telbrus was one of the Templar assigned to break open an ancient Conclave vault and collect the Colossus stored inside for the Daelaam, while Zoraya was their nerazim getaway driver.

It was, I think, the first SC thing ever written by the current head writer Valerie Watrous (or, Valerie Chu, now? I think she got married last year)

1 Like

I know, but that don’t mean that they can’t have a reference to Enslavers 2 too.
I mean… in Enslavers 2 we had: a High Templar, a Dark Templar and a Dark Archon heroes (and some elite units)
in Zeratul Co-Op we had: a High Templar, a Void Ray (piloted by a Dark Templar) and a Dark Archon hero (that command some elite units)

1 Like

What about the classic Protoss carrier and the classic Terran Battlecruiser spot in the editor (and reddit)???

1 Like

All I have seen are the classic Marine, Hydralisk, and Zealot.

Zealot is my favorite!

1 Like

As a great fan of new exciting skins I am sadly not that impressed …

I’m still waiting on Nerazim skins for Protoss.

2 Likes

We do get an entire free comic about stetmann and Gary with the warchest though, for uh… some reason

there is the Ultralisk too (and the Interceptor)