New Stetman Comic

I’ll make an abridged version next time if you have trouble keeping up. :relieved:

1 Like

No, there’s quite a good bit more to the story. The Protoss race didn’t cease to exist with the end of the Aeon of Strife. Their culture and society changed over time. For example, the now effectively defunct Judicator caste were actually just the descendants of the leaders of the former tribes, not entire tribes themselves.

The majority of Templar did arise from a specific few tribes, as did many Khalai. However, those tribes no longer exist in modern Protoss society, and the members of the tribes have since intermingled for literally millenia, so you can’t really trace the roots of a Templar back to any one tribe.

In modern Protoss society, what determines whether you can be a member of the prestigious Templar caste is your combat ability, and what determines that is your psionic potential.

And again, there’s the fact that the Templar and Judicator castes looked down on the Khalai for being weaker or not as high-born, which wouldn’t have been the case if they were equals who just picked a different job.

I already gave you one.

If you want, I can post the exact quote from Chris Metzen and Brian Kindregan cited at the bottom of the wiki article.

Statement from the wiki:

“The Khala granted a protoss an enormous amount of psionic energy.”

Citation #22:

“Yeah, I mean, basically, any protoss that is a part of the Khala is going to have an enormous psionic energy to draw on and can create, you know, obviously, weapons and blades with it. The dark templar, you know, in all of the lore, they, because they chose to go their own way and they don’t have the power of the Khala behind them, but they have the power of enormously strong individual will. It’s sort of, I’m giving a long-winded version of the answer, I think, that Chris just gave. One is pulling that power from within whereas the dark templar have to take what is around them, the void, and manifest it. It is a completely different philosophy, but both are really cool weapons.”

Chris Metzen, Brian Kindregan, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2010-10-23. BlizzCon 2010 StarCraft II Lore Panel. StarCraft Legacy . Accessed 2010-10-25.

Is that clear enough? Because I think that’s pretty frickin’ clear.

Yes, that’s exactly my point. The Khala provides a power boost to the Khalai Protoss the same way the Void provides a power boost to the Nerazim and Terrazine does for the Tal’darim.

So it provides a power boost. Which is exactly what I’ve been saying.

Did you know that Protoss can teleport themselves across vast distances with the aid of their technology?
Did you know all 3 races can warp-space jump to travel over thousands of times the speed of light?
Did you know that members of each of the 3 races can use literal space magic?
This is science fantasy we’re dealing with here. It has been demonstrated that things that defy physics in our world can be done easily in the SCU. Just because something is theoretically impossible doesn’t mean it’s any stronger than something else that is also theoretically impossible.

If anything, I’d say that this version of phasing is not special. Various forms of phasing isn’t all that uncommon in SC2, especially for the Protoss, who have demonstrated partial and total material phasing, matter-energy/energy-matter conversion, and dimensional manipulation.

Do you really think that warping, something Protoss already do on the regular, would be all that energy consuming a trick to pull off with the right equipment and training?

The highest PI score Gestalt Zero achieved was a high 7. As we do not know the factor at which the Psi Index scales, we can’t be sure exactly how that matches up to a PI 5 or 6, but twice as powerful would not surprise me.

You can’t use your conclusion as evidence for itself.

There is no indication that the averae High Templar alone are more powerful than Ghosts, but there is evidence that indicates they are approximately equal.

False. Only Templar can become Zealots, and to become a Templar you must meet a minimum standard.

Otherwise, Khalai would be constantly trying to escape into the far more prestigious and honorable Templar caste and there would be almost no Khalai.

Dude, did you not read the comic?

He literally escaped and removed it before their fight, that’s how he was able to call for help through the Khala in the first place.

At this point, it’s pretty clear you don’t know what you’re talking about on this issue.

Two reasons.

1. The Khala is greater than the sum of its parts.
  2. Not all Protoss utilize all their psionic potential.
    Zealots, especially young and relatively inexperienced ones, do not know how to use much psionic power at once.
    Protoss who are not in combat can also lend their power through the Khala.

Again, that answers the first question, but not the second. Do the Terrans know about and are they accounting for the power Khalai Protoss can draw from the Khala?

I never said they couldn’t.

You said, and I quote, “he could hold his own,” which denotes you think he would be roughly equal to her.

Which is either a gross overestimation of Zeratul’s abilities or a comical underestimation of Kerrigan’s.

Because Kerrigan is literally the single most powerful mortal entity in SC2 by a huge margin. Artanis being “above average” would still leave him pitifully unprepared to fight Kerrigan. Kerrigan has personally slain multiple Hybrids at once and in succession throughout canon. Artanis struggled to fight a single one to a standstill, and even calling it a “standstill” is being generous considering the Hybrid was pinning his arms with two hands while crushing his skull with a third.

What do all Protoss leaders not born into the Judicator caste have in common?
They are all formidable fighters. Every single one of them. Adun, Tassadar, Selendis, and Artanis.

The Protoss are a warrior race. You do not get to ascend the ranks without being a powerful warrior, even if you are a good tactician or strategist.

And speaking of Selendis, she herself is quite the formidable fighter, which ought to say something about her personal mentor, who just so happens to also be Hierarch.

What makes Tassadar special is his wisdom and ability to figure out how to do it. Adun was the only Khalai Protoss I know of to figure it out before him, and Artanis was the only one who has done it since, albeit to a much lesser degree than either Adun or Tassadar.

I’m sure others could probably figure it out if they tried, but most in a position to do so consider it heretical.

Also, I see you’re finally accepting that Void and psionics are 2 different things.

Okay, at this point I’m starting to assume you haven’t played LotV or read the Chain of Ascension short story either, because the evidence is pretty obvious.

Alarak is able to hurl telekinetic waves of force that can send thousands of tons flying with almost no effort. We’ve never seen any other Protoss besides Tassadar come anywhere close to that.

And Nuroka and Ma’lash, respectively the First Ascendant and Highlord from Chain of Ascension, are explicitly stated as being even more powerful than Alarak.

You’re comparing the Presidency of the United States, a position for which any native-born citizen older than 35 can run for, to the Hierarchy of an ancient alien warrior species with a caste system that values combat ability above almost all else, and you think I’m the one making a fallacious logical leap?

You can also claim there’s no evidence the Earth is round if you pretend it isn’t real.

Okay, the willful ignorance is actually becoming painful here.

“Thousands or millions of Dark Templar vastly outclass a single Terran, so obviously just one of them would too!”

lol

???

Nova can’t Dominate more than one enemy at a time, but she can do it in rapid succession.

Oh my god, how completely clueless can you be about context?

This was when Artanis was abolishing the caste system, the very thing that prevented Khalai like Karax from being considered equal to Templar.

He was literally pushing aside the caste system that would have prevented him from promoting Karax.

Jesus, how hard can understanding this simple concept possibly be?!

They’re not trained for combat the way the Templar caste is because they lack the psionic potential necessary to be Zealots or High Templar!

The Khalai do in fact serve in combat roles, just not as direct combatants themselves. They serve as crew members aboard Protoss warships and pilots in their fighters. They do serve in combat, but they cannot be Templar because they do not have the psionic capacity.

You’ve got the wrong guy here.
Kelthar is the one arguing that.
I’m not the one arguing that your tribe determines your caste, I’m explicitly arguing against that.

Judicators are the descendants of the various tribes’ leading families, effectively the nobility of the Khalai Protoss.

Templar are the warriors, determined by their fighting capabilities, which are directly tied to their psionic potential due to the type of training and equipment they undergo.

The Khalai are basically everyone else, the Protoss not fit to be warriors and not born into the “noble” families. They are often craftsmen and artisans at this point because much of the grunt-work of Protoss society is carried out by probes and other automated machinery, leaving only the more intellectual trades behind.

Artanis abolished the caste system because it would have prevented Khalai like Karax from ascending to the top of society Templar already could. Karax has virtually no psionic ability aside from the typical empathy and telepathy of Protoss, but he proved himself worthy via his craftsmanship, vision, and leadership. He still would not be able to become a Zealot or High Templar (unless he managed to rig himself up some pretty impressive equipment to make up fro his psionic shortcomings), but he can now take up command positions in the Protoss military that would have otherwise been exclusively reserved for Templar or Judicators.

They draw power from the Khala, which is a communal link between all Khalai Protoss. The Khala effectively acts as a conduit for information and psionic power between Protoss.

The effectiveness of the Khala fades over distance. The further away, the weaker the signal and the lower the amount of power they can draw. Khalai Protoss struggle to communicate over interplanetary distances without the boost of psi-link spires or other signal boosters, but psi-link spires cannot transmit the psionic power, only the information. The far more complex psionic matrices are necessary for power transmission over long distances, but those are effectively limited to the same planet and into orbit, not across interplanetary distances.

So, if there are no Protoss nearby for them to draw power from through the Khala and no psionic matrices to extend their range, the Protoss cannot exert as much power, which is consistent with what we see with lone Protoss being weaker than ones in groups.

It actually is, it just doesn’t draw anywhere close to an unsustainable amount of power. Void Rays run by combining psionic energy from the Khala and Void energies from the Void and reacting them together to produce the massive amount of energy it uses to power its systems.

Alright, this is a clear and sensible enough distinction that I’ll buy that. It seems to be saying that the difference between the Void and the Khala is that they are different types of psionic energy, but that they do indeed both fall under the category of “psionic” energy.

This could also suggest that what sets Terran psionics apart from Protoss and Zerg psionics is that it is a sort of third form of psionic energy, which would explain why psionic Terrans’ abilities are so often so different from Protoss and Zerg.

If two High Templar of equal experience and expertise but different levels of psionic potential drew upon the Khala, they could cast abilities of equal strength.

High Templar are only more psionically oriented combatants than Zealots because they have more experience and have dedicated their focus to studying and deepening their connection to the Khala, not because they are inherently more powerful.

Where is this mentioned?

Okay, you need to make up your mind. You’ve switched positions on this issue at least twice now.

Do you believe that Khalai Protoss can draw power from the Khala, or not?

If not, I’ll let you take that argument up with Metzen and Kindregan.

Do you know how matter-antimatter annihilation works?

Let’s skip the complex physics description and skip to the end result: a crap ton of energy and no more matter or antimatter.

The actual mechanics would be different, but I felt the analogy would help convey my thought processes.

Purifiers and the Spear of Adun don’t run on psionic powers.

Purifiers do not use “telepathy” or the Khala; rather, they are connected via some frequency of EM radiation, like we use for radios, and quanto-comms. None of the Purifiers abilities are psionic in nature, even the ones with similar effects.

The Spear of Adun runs on the immense amount of thermal energy generated by the reaction of Solarite in its solar core. There is no psionic energy involved.
The Spear of Adun’s weapons that likely do require psionic energy do not seem to require Solarite, and vice versa.

Sounds to me like “cosmic energies” is just a catch-all term for psionic energy, specifically from the Void in this case. Nothing I can find indicates “cosmic energy” stands out from any of the other energies.

How so? They draw power from the Void, which is the only way they are able to match the Khalai, who draw power from the Khala.

She’s literally the single most psionically potent non-Xel’naga being in the entirety of Starcraft lore. Whether you think it’s ridiculous or not, that is canon.

And no, she cannot draw power from the Swarm because she actually has to exert power to control it. The Swarm is actually a power sink, not a source.
This was actually a bit of a surprise to me when I first found this out, but nope, the Zerg are unruly and need to be kept in line.

Whoever said anything about bioelectricity?

And if you mean to say that’s what psionic energy is, then I think you’re trying too hard to explain space magic.

Let’s pretend this is correct (it isn’t, but let’s pretend it is just to show how little sense it would make).
If Kerrigan and Ghosts can’t generate their own power, then they have to draw it from their environment. There are two problems with this.

1. Ghosts can accumulate power in pretty much any environment, from lifeless hellscapes to vibrant jungles to bustling cities to the depths of interstellar space. There really isn’t anything in common with any of these environments except for the fact that the Ghost is there.
  2. Whatever makes it so Ghosts can’t produce psionic energy would also very likely make it so the vast majority of organisms or materials around them could not produce it, and so therefore must absorb it from another source themselves. That other source would likely be the same, and from here on it’s just turtles all the way down with no original source.

Clearly, it makes no sense for Ghosts and Kerrigan to have to absorb psionic energy from external sources, so they’d have to generate it internally.

The burst of psionic energy like what Artanis used in that cutscene has more in common with a psionic storm than the channeled lightning like we saw in the cutscene where he was possessed. The electrical discharge we see in psionic storms are an indirect result produced by the plasmafication of the air, not a core part of the storm itself.

Psionic lightning is associated with the Void, which is why imbibing Terrazine allows the Tal’darim to use it. Artanis could not have used it unless he was channeling Void energy, which could only have happened at that point because Amon was possessing him.

And you heard me and Metzen and Kindregan. Protoss are not as strong if they are disconnected from each other through the Khala.

Ignoring evidence someone else presented does not mean they haven’t presented any.

Again, your personal opinion does not determine canonicity.

True, because she would have took too long alone dealing with all the fodder to get to them in time. If it had been just her and the Hybrid, she’d have done to them what she did to the two in Flashpoint and then several more in LotV.

Yeah, so the inhibitor wasn’t functioning at full capacity. He was explicitly unable to cast psi-storms until it was turned down during testing, after which he was locked back up and the inhibitor was either left on the lower setting or damaged, which allowed him to continue casting psi-storms. If it had been set back to its normal settings, he would have gone right back to being unable to cast even those weaker psi-storms and wouldn’t have escaped.

Kerrigan and Nova underwent years of neural conditioning as Ghosts to make them obedient and loyal and to reinforce the effects of their implanted psi-inhibitor, which included limiting psionic output, suppressing memories, and preventing removal of the inhibitor by the subject.

Nova and Kerrigan both actually did manage to overcome their extensive neural training and psi-screens/inhibitors, Nova actually doing it twice, though Nova did not actually break her inhibitors.
Kerrigan managed to do this after becoming the Queen of Blades, which is why she was much more powerful in WoL than in previous expansions.
Nova did this by being exposed to Terrazine both times. It enhanced her psionic abilities beyond what the inhibitors were attuned to and helped unlock her memories that were suppressed by her conditioning and inhibitor.

The Richter scale only goes up to 9, but if a seismic event higher than a 9 were recorded they’d just exand the scale to include it.

The Psi Index is much the same. Just because they’d never recorded a PI higher than 10 doesn’t mean that’s the maximum limit of the scale.

And again, your psionic signature is what determines your place on the PI scale. “Class 12 psionic signature,” “psionic signature of 12,” and “PI 12” are synonymous.

“It’s bad writing and power creep,” is not evidence that Kerrigan is less powerful than she is explicitly stated to be.

It’s actually quite different. Rather than a surge of raw psionic energy in an area, at least enough to harm the mind and often powerful enough to plasmify the air, Nova’s psi-nuke is an omni-directional telepathic and telekinetic blast.

Psi-storms can corrode and melt materials via generating plasma. Nova’s psi-nuke crumples materials caught in it and sends it flying.

Psi-storms cannot directly knock down structures or blow out walls and roofs. Nove’s psi-nuke does.

Sure, because the High Templar is expending less power at once, has far more practice and better control, and can draw energy for the storm from the Khala.
Nova is releasing enough energy to match a tactical nuke all at once, has virutally no experience controlling this ability, and can only expend her own energy.

No, what determined it is what caste you were born into, like all the lore says. Don’t know why this has to be hard.

Not really. This does nothing to prove that ghosts and protoss have equal psionic potential and he literally tells you in that exact quote that the protoss don’t need the khala to gather a lot of energy, because they can resort to something else, like the void, which he defines as the environment.

So where is this “the protoss are only powerful when drawing from the khala” crap coming from? If you’re going to make stuff up then you have to support it with evidence.

Also, that quote shows that the Khala energy is drawn from an external energy pool. That’s why he says that and not “the Khala allows the protoss to share a lot of energy”. A void ray would never gather enough energy from other protoss to make a planet buster beam, especially alone in space and with your presumption that protoss are only as powerful as ghosts. I don’t get how your interpretation makes sense to you.

But the protoss doesn’t need it for a power boost. He’s already powerful. The average ghost, on the other hand, isn’t. If a ghost was powerful then he’d draw energy from somewhere else like Kerrigan or Aeon of Strife protoss.

Your whole argument has been that the ghost would be more powerful if it could connect to the khala. But I’ve shown you that’s not true even among protoss, and you’ve provided zero evidence that ghosts connecting to the khala would afford them a power boost. That’s just your fanon speculation. Just because the khala is a pool of energy doesn’t mean they can use that energy freely with no strings attached.

So your argument is the protoss is accomplishing something that’s only possible with the aid of technology? And you think that’s less impressive than a mind spike, which almost every psychic can do? You can’t see the disconnect there?

Warping requires an insane amount of energy. For a biological organism to do it without the aid of technology is extremely impressive (like when they turn into energy to make an archon).

That’s what it says in the comic, yes, twice as powerful. So you agree to stop saying that the ghost has the same potential as the high templar now?

Wishful thinking on my part.

The protoss’s brain is its most powerful feature, given that the dark templar don’t need nerve cords to reach the level of high templar. Therefore, nerve cords are nice but not that important. Even still, Gestalt’s abilities nearly doubled with just the grafting of nerve cords. A real high templar is going to take a dump on Gestalt.

Just think about this for a second and look at the thematic qualities behind each race. The protoss are an elder race of natural psychics. Humans are a new psionic power. You’re saying the protoss’s best psychic warriors are as good as humanity’s best psychic warriors? That’s pure nonsense.

The dark templar saga books said the best terran ghosts are pitiful psionically compared to run of the mill protoss. Discussion over.

You’re backpedaling and now literally saying the exact opposite of what you were last post:

Which one is it homie?

Sigh. He was in his cell under guard, broke the inhibitor after it got a full diagnostic and killed his two marine guards. Then he called out for help across worlds, broke out and broke Zero’s inhibitor. All after being starved, drugged, tortured, having parts of his psionic appendages cut off and not having access to any armor/equipment while zero does. It takes a special kind of ineptitude to consider this a fair fight. And this is supposed to be your example of a ghost overpowering a high templar? Really? He’s not even a freaking ghost, are you stupid? -_-

Just go re-read the comic already.

Purifiers and the Spear of Adun don’t run on psionic powers.

Wat? Can’t tell if joking or serious. They have psionic blades. It’s called the psionic matrix. The purifier high templar casts psionic storms. Protoss technology all runs on psionic energies. There’s no way you’re for real right now.

Yeah you’re right, it is. Here’s the quote from the Shadow Hunters book:

Jake would never know exactly what the ill-fated dark templar who accidentally brought about catastrophe was attempting. For of course he was not linked with the Khala, and every one of his kinsmen, the beasts of the rain forests, and the jungle itself for miles around were destroyed in the dreadful psionic storm that was unleashed. What was certain was that he or she had tried to do too much, too soon, and had triggered a psionic backlash in which the summoned power raged out of control. This unfortunate soul was not the only one; other dark templar presumably panicked and more and more storms were created as the students, unable to handle such power without the comfort, control, and discipline of the Khala, became the first victims of their own inexperience

Yeah, obviously the planet-wide storm wasn’t just from one guy. :roll_eyes: But a single dark templar destroyed a ton of people and the whole jungle for miles around him, which sure takes a crap on Nova’s mini nuke. Ghosts will never make a planet wide storm.

Did you not read? He literally made sure it was functioning normally before he put him back in his cell. It says that. Why the f would he put them all back with non-functioning inhibitors and why would he leave the inhibitors turned down? That’s retarded and makes no sense. :roll_eyes:

This is a waste of my time and I can’t take you seriously anymore. Especially with the fact that you think you can score a 12 on a scale that only goes up to 10, and uses different units. Or how you’re so resistant to admitting that Kerrigan can get overpowered by Hybrid dominators psionically, which is an actual fact from the game.

You’re obviously trolling me at this point and/or are too far on the defensive to admit you’re wrong. You’ve fanoned up and misinterpreted so much lore that makes so little sense that it would take 5 more pages to go through. I’m not responding to the rest. ;p

Yes please, my cardio is terrible.

2 Likes

Can you guys take this argument elsewhere? Every post you make is like four screens long, and it makes discussing the actual topic of this thread difficult.

1 Like

That’s practically nothing. You do realize that Raszagal was alive when the caste system was first established?

Also, where do you guys (Gradius And Maximus) get all these concepts about the Protoss’ caste system from? I don’t know any source with concrete indication about it.

@Phlynch

Yeah, this is quite usual in this particular forum. Don’t worry, though. If anyone is interested in your original topic, he/she will just make a reply out of the blue about it.

the judicator caste did not disappear, the conclave (the old judicator) that was disappeared, the judicators were exclusively from two tribes and had representation in the hierarchy are not random protoss
Zekrath leader [tribe Shelak] (pro xelnaga)[Khas was thi tribe
Nahaan is the leader of the Ara_Tribe) (anti xelnaga)

the co-op missions take this war and consider it from the corruption of the golden army to the incursion to evoid, also so it is quite vague to even determine the time of these comics just because they have not heard of Amon war, if it doesn’t indicate that his conflict over

I’m sorry, but my reading skill is not suffice to completely understand you.

Anyway, the Co-op was claimed to happened between the end of LotV and the Epilogue. However, since the Co-op consisted of ghost characters, Tychus and Zeratul, I no longer give it much credit.

Beside using Co-op as a basic for timeline is laughable since Nova. She has griffin, though it was cutting edge new black ops ship in Nova Covert Ops. I highly doubt that the design was finalized prior to the Epilogue let along having a prototype.

Yeah, guys, get a room. The windshield is starting to steam up.

2 Likes

correction
[Rock the Cabinet Guidelines] *story parameters
“in terms of story, these missions take place during the war against Amon. This is after the
second mission of Legacy of the Void, but before the Epilogue.”
It was always stated that the presence of the forces assisting by game purpose are lax but the scenarios are quite plausible, we really have Steman in Belshir we have the protoss improved with xelnaga technology but for me the only ambiguous is who participate in the events.
They have already established since their promotion that some commanders (tychus zeratul) are part of a "what if " scenario.

Since Gradius don’t want to adresss most of your point, I would like to chime in a little.

A lot. Thinking that something is simple is a surefire way to Dunning-Krueger. In fact, believe that something is simple is the very reason why it happens.

And how exactly did he do that? Did he fix something really well? Using his expertise within the role of Engineer? You do see the problem with your caste system, right? Artanis wanted to abolish the caste system to promote Karax into the Templar because he can’t be a commander after he had proven himself to be a good commander. Now, how did Karax proven himself? By simply doing it after Artanis told him to…

Actually, please elaborate. And free feel to go into as much Physics as you like. Because frankly, I don’t see how this analogy works. It seem you’re very wrong.

What? How exactly does this work?

Where do you get this idea from? Psionic Storm is not Psionic Lightning?

Look, the Developers like to think that the Co-op occurs during that period, yes. However, it’s semi-canon at best. Just look at Nova and all her abilities and units. There are also a number of inconsistencies as well. You can’t use Co-op to disproven other more reliable source.

I hope that answer your point. I’m not sure what you’re trying to convey.

I’m not sure if you’re misinterpreting my point intentionally or not.

The point was that the Khalai draw power from the Khala, which you were claiming wasn’t the case. Clearly, it is.

High Templar and Zealots cannot draw power from the Void (with literally 3 known exceptions in Protoss history) like the Nerazim who have permanently servered themselves from the Khala or the Tal’darim who use Terrazine.

Tal’darim are more psionically powerful than Ghosts on an individual basis, just like they are stronger than Templar on an individual basis. A single Ascendant is as powerful as a High Templar who is drawing upon the Khala.
The Nerazim do not exhibit the power they draw from the Void in a way we can compare to Ghosts or Templar the way we can the Tal’darim, so it is difficult to judge their power. The closest non-Dark Archon examples we have are Centurions’ Darkcoil charge-stun and the Dark Templar’s Void Prisons.

High Templar and Zealots are, on an individual basis, weaker than their Tal’darim counterparts. If they are unable to draw from the Khala, they are significantly weaker.

Intentionally choosing to ignore the evidence I present and does not mean I haven’t presented any.

The first part is true. Khalai Protoss are fairly powerful on their own, still able to cast harmful or lethal psi-storms.

The latter part is not. Ghosts are quite powerful on their own. We see the ability to use telepathy for mental attacks emerging at around PI 6. Ghosts just don’t seem as powerful because they are often outfitted with psi-screens or inhibitors, preventing them from flexing their psionic abiliites.

This is both entirely baseless and, as I’ve already explained, entirely ridiculous. Ghosts, Kerrigan, and Khalai and Tal’darim Protoss generate their own psionic energy. Khalai can just share that energy between each other and Tal’darim are on psionic steroids.

You’re trying so hard to find faults in my argument you’ve literally started making arguments up and attributing them to me.

I never once mentioned Ghosts connecting to the Khala, as whether they’d benefit from it is pointless because they’d never be able to.

Which do you think is more impressive, a car driving 60 mph or a human running 40 mph?

Bonus points because while the Protoss are the most experienced with phasing tech and combining psionics with their tech, they are not the only race capable of such things. The Terrans have also designed some phasing and hardlike tech similar to the Protoss’, though it is rather rudimentary by comparison due to the relative youth of the Terran race.

Additionally, not every psionic can use mind-spikes, otherwise we’d see Zealots and other Protoss using it in combat a lot more often.

Sure. Which is why it sure is handy that the Protoss literally wear the necessary technology for it on their body, built into their armor.

No, because the High Templar was beaten, meaning he was weaker than a PI 7 even while able to draw a small amount of power from the Khala. He could not be a PI 7 even while slightly empowered, meaning he is notably weaker than said PI 7.

If the Nerazim couldn’t draw power from the Void, they’d be as weak as a lone Templar. However, you cannot cut off a Nerazim from the Void the way you can a Templar from the Khala.

It is not the brain of the Protoss that matters, but rather what or where they draw their power from. For the Khalai, it’s the Khala. For the Nerazim, it’s the Void. For the Tal’darim, it’s their Terrazine enhancement.

TIL Muadun was not a “real High Templar.”

The difference between Terrans and Protoss when it comes to their psionic users is that the Protoss have vastly more of them.

The best Terrans, like Nova Terra and Sarah Kerrigan, vastly outclass your average Templar in psionic ability and are only matched by the best of the Protoss’ psionic warriors aided by the Khala. It’s why Ghosts have been used to such great effect against the Protoss, especially by the Confederacy, despite the Protoss’ far superior technology.

If Ghosts were really as weak as you claim them to be, then the humans would have rolled over dead long before the fall of Tarsonis.

Yes, let’s just totally ignore the fact that the human in question was likely speaking without knowing the intricacies of Protoss culture and abilities. Let’s just ignore the fact that the humans knew almost nothing of this “Khala” beyond the fact that the Protoss seemed to worship it.

Let’s just ignore all the evidence that is inconvenient to and contradicts what you have unilaterally decided is real.

I’m confused how you think this is contradictory.

Who you are born to does not matter (unless you are from a family of Judicators).

The Templar are a prestigious and honorable caste, revered throughout Protoss society.
If the Khalai were equal in psionic ability to the Templar and truly possessed the ability to become Templar themselves, they would all be vying to do exaclty that.
The Khalai are envious of the Templar, but do not become Templar themselves until the abolishment of the caste system.

Basically, if they could advance, they would. They do not advance. The only reason for them not to advance is that they cannot.

If A, then B. Not B. Therefore, not A.
This is very simply logic.

If you possess enough psionic potential, you become a Templar.
If you do not, you are stuck as a Khalai.

Purifier tech, much like the Spear of Adun, does not run on psionics. They have similar effects, and so are referred to similarly, but they do not function the same way.

Purifiers come equipped with either metal or plasma blades. Both are labeled as “psi-blades” in-game.

There is no “Psionic Matrix” for the Purifiers. They have a Core Matrix, which stores their personalities and acts as the central computer and bridge for Cybros, but there is nothing psionic about it.

The Purifier High Templar are a just a skin, not a separate in-game unit, so their canonicity is debatable.
However, let’s assume they are absolutely canon. There are two possible explanations for how they are able to use “psionic” storms.

1. The storms are not psionic and merely use other methods and tech to produce similar effects.
  2. They are augmented with Khaydarin crystals that allows them to draw power from the Khala, much like normal High Templar use said crystals to improve focus and access more of the Khala.

There is no explicit evidence indicating that Solarite is psionic, and considering how all other psionic reagents or amplifiers, such as Khaydarin crystals, are blatantly specified to have psionic properties, it is highly unlikely that Solarite possesses any.

Hasty generaliztion, as even though most of Protoss technology is designed to run on or in conjunction with psionic power, not all of it is.

Did Ramsey know how the DT drew on so much power? Did he know the chain of events and exactly how many Protoss were involved? Does he know that it was a single DT that wiped out the entire jungle, or was it a cascade as all the power of those around him went out of control as they died?

This is the problem with only drawing your knowledge from a character in-context: the character very likely does not actually know the full story.
Meanwhile, we can zoom out and view the far more information out-of-context, and we don’t see that little incident repeating itself. What we do see is that Ghosts are used to great success against the Protoss and their Templar, especially by the Confederacy. The Confederacy actually attributed the majority of its ability to stave off and even push back the Zerg and Protoss to its Ghosts.

Hopefully you’ll learn one day that scales do not always include all the values in existence. The PH scale, for example, “only” ranges from 0 to 14, and yet Fluoroantimonic Acid has a PH of about -32.

Meanwhile, you ignore the fact that she one-shotted two Hybrids with a single mind blast and has killed many more since her Primal reinfestation, including those very same Hybrids you insist were overpowering her.

“I know I’m wrong, but I won’t admit it so I’ll just accuse you of making things up and then run away!”

https://i.imgur.com/U2Q2Zft.mp4

Members of the Judicator caste still exist, yes. However, the Judicator caste became effectively defunct after the fall of the Conclave, leading to the abolishment of the caste after they turned over power to Artanis by appointing him Hierarch. They still serve in leadership positions in the Daelaam, but they are not officially Judicators anymore.

Have you played LotV?

He is the main reason the Spear of Adun didn’t fall apart multiple times throughout the End War, and he commanded an attack on one of the Moebius Corps’ Hybrid breeding facilities.

Correct. Your point?

Alrighty then.

Antimatter and matter are effectively identical in almost every single way. The only difference between a proton and an anti-proton is that the quarks they are made up of have their spin direction and charge reversed.

When corresponding matter and antimatter particles come in contact (protons to antiprotons, electrons to positrons, etc.), they instantly convert each other’s entire mass into energy, producing a 100% mass-to-energy conversion rate.

The analogy I was using was that when Void and Khala psionic energies come in contact, they may undergo a similar reaction, which is why we so much energy produced from the merger.

It’s an imperfect analogy, but you should get the idea that Void and Khala energies may be equal-but-opposite. Of course, this bit is just speculation on my part, as we don’t actually know how Void and Khala react to produce so much energy, just that they do. I was basically just thinking out loud when I suggested the matter-antimatter annihilation comparison.

Whatever the mechanism of the reaction, we do know that combining Void and Khala energies produces a massive spike in power output, which is where Void Rays get their power from.

Enough psionic energy in an area will begin to excite the particles in the air. Excite them enough, and they make change phase into a plasma, throwing off their electrons and becoming ionized. As those electrons and ions fly around, their motions produce an electrical field and charge. The plasma itself will glow different colors depending on the atoms that make it up as electrons are captured and instantly reemitted, and the electrical charge will manifest as electrical arcs and discharges leaping through the plasma.

These are the same effects that cause neon and flourescent lights to glow different colors and produces the electrical effects inside those glass plasma spheres/ball lamps/globes you can see in science museums.

Psionic lightning is directly channeling electricity. Psionic storms only produce electricity as a biproduct when they are strong enough to excite the air into plasma.

And then there’s Tychus and Zeratul as well, sooo…

Co-op is dubiously canon at best. I would only ever reference it if there are literally no other sources available, and even then I’d take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, sorry about hijacking your thread. I’m done now.

*facepalm

Ok, ok, I know I said I was done, but the level of stupid here can’t be ignored. Don’t know what google page you copy/pasted it from, but fluoroantimonic acid has a Hammett acidity function of -32. Not ph.

pH measures hydrogen ion concentration of an aqueous solution. Fluoroantimonic acid can’t exist in aqueous solution, so no, it does not have a “PH of about -32”, which is also impossible because pH measures concentration, which has a limit and such a value isn’t even on the test strips that would give that kind of result. The Hammett acidity function on the other hand measures an acid’s ability to donate hydrogen ions. That’s why sulfuric acid can have a Hammett value of -12 but a pH of 1 or 7 depending on the concentration.

Now, if you want to assume that class and psionic index are correlated even though they have different names & measure different things, that would be fine if you had evidence to prove that that was the case. But you don’t. Instead, you just declared it to be so and expect me to go along with it because you have $hit for brains instead of brain cells.

The rest of the tripe you posted was equally nonsensical. I’ll let someone else handle that. :wave:

the caste was not abolished, the conclave the ruling organ that was destroyed, the templar replaced the conclave until the hierarchy was formed. the judicators
Low rank still wandering around. the protoss that are in the hierarchy they are not part of the council of the hierarchy as random protoss influential, they are speaking as representatives of each tribe, two judicator tribe , two templar tribes and one of the khalai tribe, in the hierarchy the leader of the Ara tribe (judicator caste) threatened his tribe leave the hierarchy if Artanis did not opt for the charge

You really don’t see it, do you? He already took COMMAND of the army. According to you, the Protoss in the Khalai caste is like a bottom feeder. They were being looked down by everyone. Good for nothing other than being Engineers and Artist. Artanis abolishes the caste system in order to promote Karax, but it happened AFTER he has already PROMOTED Karax to be a commander. A position which Artanis just told him to take it and nobody said ‘wait, a minute. He is of Khalai caste. He is unqualified. Don’t you have any other executors around or something?’. Vorazun and Alarak was right there. Surly, if your fan-canon is corrected, it should be someone else assaulting the facility with Karax acts as a consultant.

Is that your theory makes no sense for timeline.

Yeah, it’s very bad analogy. You didn’t create any energy you just convert mass to energy. (It’s photon, actually, but your misconception is understandable.) Now, there is actually no energy spike. You just transform what is already there.

Both Khala and Void are a type of psionic ENERGY. It’s already an energy so combining them like the matter and antimatter makes no sense. Sure, you could claim that you convert energy to a new kind of energy, but there will be no spike. The total energy is conserved if matter-antimatter analogy is to be corrected.

Well, if it’s your mulling over in your head, then whatever I guess.

Okay, as long as you remember that this is your make up canon.

No, it’s not. Those plasma behaves nothing like psionic lightning.

(- -)

So you use your head canon as a substitute for official canon?

Well, hijacking is something we do all the time here. I think it’s acceptable practice for this particular forum. However, if you feel about it so strongly, you can just creat your own post to answer us. No need to just stop.

Or any conversation. You wouldn’t admonish your friends for going off topic in a conversation so I don’t get why people try to do it on the internet. Taken to its logical extreme we’d have 5 new threads for every thread that gets started.

Plus it’s not like my conversation prevents others from having theirs. I know you gotta scroll, but still.

2 Likes

Because you’re not my friends. I created this thread to discuss a particular topic, and your back-and-forth where each post is a three page essay that has nothing to do with that topic makes discussing that topic nearly impossible.

Phlynch, baby, I’m hurt.

4 Likes

“I’m interested in replying to this topic but it’s just so damn far to scroll. Guess I’ll say nothing.”

~ no one

Btw Bifrost, I sprained my mousewheel scrolling finger muscles trying to get to the bottom of this page. What do I do? Should I get a cast? :frowning: