New Raven Ability Suggestion

Nano Repair, except it gives the same exact effect as the SCV’s repair ability, can be toggled on or off(Activate/Deactivate Nano Repair), and is toggled off by default to avoid wasting resources.

I think something similar to this was done already with a deployable repair drone. I can’t remember why it was removed, but there were a few showcases where Battlecruisers were almost impossible to kill in ZvT.

Repair drone was a thing back when Raven could provide massive damage to late game armies. Healing, AOE dmg and Interference matrix added in same patch for dissabling key units in TvP and TvT made its kit overloaded.

Back then it had no place on such strong caster. Since then tho, Raven was completely neutered and now comfortably sits as worst caster in the game. Adding back some of its utility would be nice, tho I would much rather something like change IM to Temporal field disruptor. A missile that dissables single target in same way Oracle’s wards do in area. No damage can be taken, but its out of fight for 10-15s.

The only drawback there is that disrupting time and space is not something that’s in the terran repetoire. True, they managed to develop warp jumps for their capital ships without reverse-engineering xel’naga technology, a one-up on the protoss, but otherwise disrupting space-time is something that’s purely in the realm of the protoss. The one big win though with Interference Matrix over Stasis, much like with Lockdown back in Brood War, is that you can still attack the affected target, which comes in handy when dealing with Siege Tanks and Warp Prisms, for example.

Replacing Anti-Armor Missile with Repair Drone might be something worth trying - not sure.

Terran lore is that they use the most cost efficient methods to achieve result with limited tech and resources they have. If they reverse engeneered stasis ward, making it smaller and strapping it on missile is something I would see them do.

As for gameplay, it would remove the siegetank problem it has now when in TvT its disproportionately stronger as sieged tanks are effectively stunned unlike other units. We would have spells with constant effect for all races that would disable one unit from the fight for durration. In return, such unit would be invincible until it runs out of durration.

It is true that they have reverse-engineered some alien technology… you get hints of this in Wings of Liberty with the Protoss Artifacts that you collect, but otherwise the technology and its ramifications are mostly beyond them. Warp jumps and cloaking fields are perhaps the most advanced technology in the Terran arsenal, but can’t hope to reach the level of Protoss technology where even the placement of buildings is due to the warping of reality itself. At most, reverse-engineered Protoss technology is used at a very small scale, like with more advanced containment fields on their reactors (Tech Reactors) and short-range teleportation (Automated Refineries), but not at the level that the Protoss can reverse-engineer Xel’naga technology (although the Keystone certainly gave Karax a run for his money, and made a slight stab when comparing it to the Terrans finding one of their fabrication matrices!)

It was removed because blizzard has a weird obsession with harassment. So they readded the auto turret so the raven cann go harass and kill workers.

2 Likes

I should also add that my modified nano repair ability cannot be casted on a damaged mechanical unit being repaired by another one of it.

Dude…Don’t try to make a new unit or skill. We have enough units!!! It’s enough!

Can you consider counter units, when you try to make a new skill?
Give all of your suggestions. Help them.
Or would you like to kill them by more and more daily-work?
Make the game become easier, please…I still need Blizzard, sorry, your imagination is good. But look likes you want to kill them by more and more daily-works.

So, how to counter it when you start the starcraft 2 as Zerg or Protoss?

Or you like more memes?
https://i.imgur.com/1xX27xI.png

If they don’t consider and accept your suggestion. They must do double daily-works. Even more…Because ‘Strategy counter’,‘Time cost’, or other strange things must be considered too.

Memecraft 3?

OK. I will try my best to help you create your unit in starcraft 2.
First. When you try to create a new unit, try to consider the other two races how to counter it.

What is the effect of this on PVT and PVZ?
I guess:
In PVT, make more and more Vikings+Raven for the win. Why? Viking can counter many Protoss units. It’s too versatile. Many Protoss unit is ‘Machinery armor’. They even can attack the air-units of Protoss.
So as a Protoss player, how can I counter it? You have two choices now:

1. Find a unit of Protoss, make it stronger to counter Viking.
  2. Nerf Viking.

If you chose 1, what will happen in TVZ?
If you chose 2, what will happen in TVZ?

First chose: such as immortal? OK. Immortalcraft2 is incoming. Zerg can’t defend hatch from them. If immortal is too strong.
Second chose: Viking can’t counter Corruptor and then Zerg make more and more corruptor, one kind of unit…all the matches are basetrade.
you must consider the unit values like Platys51 (The Biggest supporter of Terran. Seems like so stupid but he is right. He is right!!! That’s the first.)

If you can’t, please try to balance it after you create it. :smiling_imp:
Or you can say: Come on! David Kim! balance it!
And then, you need more David Kim to help you! I’m pretty sure. Dude, we only have one david kim. Don’t try to kill him! NO! I need him!

Remember: You can make many many SCVs. But you(we) only have one balance team. We only have one David Kim! Don’t try to kill him, please.

We are too late. Sorry, we are too late. I tried,I try to make the mathematical models of all units in matlab just like financial models. But the work is too much…too much…
I know his feeling now. We must try to understand each other. It’s our legacy. Try to understand other player feeling, please. It’s a game, for fun.

You are right, Terran are known for “low” tech. But it shouldn’t be some space-time thing to switch off unit. I recall foam from a movie Demolition man (with Stallone for protagonist). That foam spread into car and get solid to prevent damage for passengers in crash. Matrix can be replaced with foam dispenser. Raven spit foam and unit can’t move or shoot. It also is protected by foam, foam has hp and can be destroyed by either player.

I really want the repair drone back.

You would wouldn’t you. Hows the mech game working vs toss rn?

All right, I guess. Obviously I lose more than I win, but I’m not going to give up!

1 Like

Nano-repair would be broken as hell. Battlecruiser/Raven could never lose to anything.

In case I wasn’t clear with my first and second posts in here, what I meant by Nano Repair having the same exact effect as the SVC’s repair ability is that it repairs damaged mechanical units and drains resources at the same rate as a single SVC. And to avoid mass repair by ravens, only one raven can repair a damaged mechanical unit at a time. My intention behind this is to provide terrans an easier way to get their damaged mechanical units healed. Now I’ll be working on some protoss ideas for anti air.