New Mutations for Patch 5.0.0

Hey, Ferb. I know what i am not going to do today!

1 Like

How specific does the code need to be? When I came across it randomly while trying the CoD B+6 XP cheese, the code appears like “1-2-3-4” hovering over the bot. I assume only one of us can see it (so both need to send a worker or something to each, so one can read). Can we enter it as “1234” or does it need to be “1-2-3-4” exactly? What about spaces? Does the ally need to type it in “Allies” chat to disarm the bot or specifically “All”, so Amon can read it, or something?

1 Like

Is Boom Bot a new mutators?

Why do I feel like I don’t recall this one. Do I have early onset dementia… I don’t remember now…

1 Like

From what I’ve read, the second person doesn’t type it in chat at all. You click on the Boom Bot unit and type it into the command card. The first person will need to use chat or VoIP to tell the second person the code, of course.

1 Like

They are perfect and killable. Ones of the small list of mutations that really allow you play in starcraft, not in horror-like runaway nuisance.

2 Likes

Boom Bots is a new mutator introduced with the 5.0.0 patch. It has a point value of 10, the same as HftS and Void Rifts, so you know it’s hard.

1 Like

I know Gary is still my favorite. Your Boom Bot has nothing over it! :grin:

1 Like

Not gonna lie, boom bot mutator sounds fun, i’m hyped for that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I haven’t seen it quite yet in action, but given how mutators have been as a whole. The word fun doesn’t sound like the base backbone of any of them.

Given its description of one player must discern the code while another enters it. I’m sure this devastating nuke will go off way more often than it should ever with people who (are the same ones) don’t know how to deal with mutators.

Fun… seems like an unlikely scenario. Even in the best circumstances with this mutator, it is just an altered version of Polarity (and we all know how that goes).

2 Likes

Ok, they’ve really taken it to the next level. Before there were 2-3 that sounded horrible, now it’s like 2 that don’t sound like that (Death is Fleeting / Fire in the hole). And Hello My Old Friend sounds doable enough, but a bit harder than the other two. Most of them will give us a lot of trouble, at least at first sight.

That being said, for My Bots! I think bunker p3 Stukov will be cotw… if they don’t nerf that prestige into the ground by then. Zagara with P1 (or without) might also do well here.

Blasting Off Again will be a big pain, even if you go hero solo, you could get the lucky combo of Vortex + Seeker Missile + Time Warp + Psi Orb… and probably a nuke around that area and / or some lava burst, cause why not? I see this as one of the hardest mutations from this list, probably harder than Mass Manufacturing.

Speaking of that, I think you forgot to mention Tychus as a good counter for propagators on Mass Manufacturing - Sam with stun grenade = easy peasy. And he should also be able to deal with Void Rifts quite well, either by destroying them fast due to high damage output or he can tank them because he’s got lots of health and fast healing.

Oh, interesting, we already knows all upcoming mutation!

Seem that won’t get a lot easier in the upcoming weeks. Brutal +5 mostly, 1 Brutal +6 (counting Sharing is Caring as at least some points), and then some Brutal +4.

New Mutators…
—Lone Mouse - keyboard shortcuts for command cards are disabled
—Cat Attack! - Blizzard ships to your location, an actual cat that will distract you, and sit in front of your computer monitor
—Failure is not an option - Optional objectives are required

New Mutations…
—Cat and Mouse - Lock & Load
Cat Attack!
Lone Mouse

2 Likes

Ok. But can they throw a new map in? Even one new map would completely revitalize co-op. It is badly needed.

Just a random question do you think they’ll be a decent (or hopefully a good wholesome) change if 6.0.0 patch is released or 6.0.0 won’t get released at all (it just stays in 5.0.0 version)?

The OP was about real mutators (the list in the image was probably from the map editor).
I don’t think it’s the right topic for proposals, especially through necroing.

Somebody pitched new Mutators, so I figured that bus was already in transit.

new mutators

Faulty Monitor: Your screen goes completely black randomly throughout the match

Sticky controls: every other keyboard/mouse input doesn’t get registered and you have to do it again.

High Ping: Game lags constantly throughout the match mimicking real lag.

Factory Reset: lose all your upgrades/arifacts every 10 minutes minutes and buy them again.

Perfect Punishment: Player loses all coop progress.

Yes, you simply lose it when this mutator is present.

1 Like

Sounds like when the server is having problems and you get all your commanders at lvl 1

1. Friendly Fire (Harmful): All your AoE now damages you and your allies.
  2. Orbital Healing Station (Helpful): Valerian from time to time will drop one time use Healing station but its accuracy is not perfect.
    Heqling cure restores 40% of Energy/Health/Shield of your army.
  3. Angry Easter (Mixed but mostly Harmful): A huge Easter Bunny (500000 hp with 250 splash attack) will roam around your base, he will attack Amon’s army but he will immediately take Amon’s side if you don’t find his easter eggs (which spawns in random location).