New content for co-op

remember that time there was a regular release of new commanders and new missions? and people would guess which new commander was going to be next?

those were some great times

6 Likes

Pepperidge farm remembers the member berries.

2 Likes

At least there’s the upside of no longer constantly questioning if the end had already come and gone. Though I do miss the freshness of a new CO or map.

3 Likes

People have continued to do that even now…just that now, we’re pretty sure all guesses will be wrong :cry:

I doubt I’ll have the time to level mastery again, but yeah, getting 1 to 3 new mastery points, but starting your next and then remembering you forgot to allocate those points!

For a new CO, reading through all of the mouse over texts for Top Bar, and on the command card. Also, trying get in a non-Brutal game since everyone’s leveling up the new CO, trying to get in on that :smiley:

For a new mission, I still remember saying “wtf?” a few times before I got the hang of P&P.

Oh well, at least the servers are still up, and we can continue playing what we have now!

1 Like

Remember the time Vorazun got nerfed because she counted as too op?

1 Like

Do they ever add new content? Like NEW maps? Ive only been playing co-op for a month and i’m already bored to death of all these maps. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have a new map each month. They don’t need to balance for vs or if they where smart they would even open it up for creators to make new maps. This is why I left Sc2 for 3-4 years before… This company has all these ways to make things constantly fresh but they do nothing for years & when they finally do something it’s just rehashing old things… guess it’s back to Dwan Of War ( the modders are amazing for that game still new stuff all the time!!!)

Some people enjoy the nuances that clearly escape you.

People who chase after all the new things for the new things, then support only new things, are not worth keeping. Blizzard has many faults but it lasted this long because of loyal players.

It is impossible to satiate those who can’t find enjoyment in the core aspects of the game and seeks only just the “next new thing”. So I’m sure you’ll leave coop soon.

Chasing the NEW thing!!! I’m playing a 20 year old game ( Dawn of War) because modders keep it fresh & each mod is FREE!!! Blizzard just used a bunch of old maps from the campaign’s because god forbid they actually work & make some new maps. For a paid co-op (if you want any commanders to use besides the 3) because the game was dead & they needed to add anything to bring some players back. Sorry i also don’t enjoy watching paint dry but if that’s your thing have fun, but this is why Sc2 is dead. Most sane people are not going to play the same boring thing over & over anymore.

1 Like

That’s an entire different business model/plan, which they clearly didn’t choose. If you can reverse time, perhaps you can work at Blizzard and do differently?

I’m just saying you’ve played coop for a month. And by the way, there’s no new content for coop (as it was officially announced, even before you started playing coop).

People have modded coop, and they can be found on Arcade if you bothered looking. So I’m not sure what you’re complaining about…

It’s as if you didn’t know anything about anything. Came into an already dead aspect of a very old game. And you thought it’s excellence on your part to make claims and suggestions that others have long advocated for years.

Perhaps spend less than 5min to figure some basics out before raging on a dead forum. Then again, why bother doing that when you can chase the “next new thing”, amirite? Lmao.

1 Like

They announced back on Oct. 2020 that there won’t be anymore paid content for Coop. It’s been a year since then, and we haven’t gotten any free updates (e.g. bug fixes, minor features), let alone that (and frankly, none of us should be surprised). While new missions were free, we’ve gone 1.5 years without a single new mission, and this was still about 10 months prior to that fateful announcement. The writing was on the wall even a year prior.

You vastly underestimate how much time is taken to make new missions. They need to rework them to balance them for Coop. Building space needs to be adequate. Ditto for the expansions. The distances between main base and exps, spawn points, objectives. This is hardly trivial.

The last 2 were contest winners, submitted by users. But even then, they still needed to put a lot of work into it to get them suitable for Coop.

Also consider how some of us here don’t feel a new CO is worth $5. They want to wait for sales. We’re all frugal and even cheap in some areas, but spending more or “shut up and take my $$” in others. I can chalk this up to others being frugal, and me happily spending $5 for a new CO since it’s new, quality content. Coop just isn’t making the same splash it was 3 years back. They’ve moved on to other projects. And frankly, the original Sc2 dev team is gone. (some say they still haven’t really hired anybody to replace them, save for “the janitor” :smiley: )

See above. Sc2 is a lower rung priority. These days, it’s more so about WoW, WoW Classic, Diablo 4, D2:R, and Diablo Immortal.

If you’ve been thinking about Dawn of War all this time, then go right ahead! Not saying that in a good nor bad way, but it sounds like you’re mind is already made up. Sorry, but the Blizzard we knew is no longer there, and that reflects in how Sc2 Coop won’t be getting anymore new material.

No eff-ing way Blizzard will allow mods, nor cede control of Sc2 to the community. As much as how that would allow us to go even further with the game, that’s not how Blizzard is.

Me, I can see myself getting bored with Sc2 at some point. I predict it may be another year. I need about a few more weeks to wrap up all of the Prestiges, and I’ll play for fun b/c being online with 1 other player, I can still experience new things. I’ll try to do as much of the achievements as possible, it honestly isn’t a “requirement”, let alone a priority.

3 Likes

Ty " ackmondual" for the long answered response to alot of my thoughts & questions. It was well answered & appreciated :D. I had no clue they said no more content for co-op as I haven’t played in years, also nothing is listed on the main Co-op page & nothing came up when i searched for anything about new maps on the forums but this thread. Dats a real shame that they bailed on co-op, sooo much potential. O well was fun for month i’ll be back when Sc3 is released. If that ever happens.

2 Likes

The only new content we will ever gonna get is 10years later, when starcraft 2 gets a “remastered edition”.
They will add a new commander OR map and call it a day!

After more news came to light about how W3R was treated internally, it’s frankly a surprise to me how long SC2 lasted.

At this point, us RTS fans really should just hope that the success of AoE4 and hopeful success of CoH3 leads to some life in the genre outside Acti-Blizz. The companies that spawned from Blizzard’s decline being too far out from even announcing anything to expect much from them for a long time.

And that SC2 is cheap to keep servers for.

1 Like

Thats why they really should open map editor for Co-op for the modders, will keep the game constantly fresh… (fingers crossed but really dont have any hope they would do this)

They’re in the Arcade. Just like most games, you have to have someway to separate people playing the original missions, and the modded missions. If you look around, you can find modded coop maps there.

1 Like

I have searched and searched and cant find any co-op 2 player maps there meant for co-op play? am i missing something? I mean co-op jsut different maps so me and my buddy can still play co-op just a wider map pool…

Was / is Co Op profitable? If so Microsoft might be willing to make a few $ off it. Activision-Blizzard seemed to focus on only big profit things. Microsoft isn’t about to do stuff for a loss but they’ve made DLCs for dead games like AoE3 because it makes them a little profit. Microsoft does the big stuff but they’ll willing to do nickel and dime stuff as well.

Most I got was when Coop game out with LotV in 2015, and the next few years (2017 to 18), it was big. I heard was the most popular mode. However, most popular doesn’t necessarily mean most profitable. Since then, it has lost popularity. Mind you, it’s hardly dead. Log on and queue for a standard Brutal game, you can usually get matched within 5 to 10 seconds. Add another 30 seconds if it’s late at night, or when people are typically at work. Some online MP would kill to get even a fraction of the player base Sc2 Coop has.

In Arcade, I’ve recently seen those [VC] maps, with more commanders and even more maps than normal co-op.
Currently, it seems very buggy, probably made by terrain/user interface makers more than triggers/data makers, but in the future, it may be what our friendly neighborhood necroer DonDadda is looking for, if it doesn’t get abandoned of course. Not sure how it fit what OP was saying though.