New Co-op content?

Do you think we will get more content guys? :thinking:

1 Like

We just got a massive content drop less than 2 months ago. Or are you speculating that this will be the last major change ever made to co op?

3 Likes

I don’t think so. Prestiges will keep us busy for a while, 54 new play styles.

I’ll say what I’ve said before; until they make an official announcement towards plans on ending support for Co Op or an end to creating Commanders; I’d assume they will continue making Commanders until then.

5 Likes

Coop is one of the ways SC2 makes money, and it has been repeatedly said by the devs that it’s also SC2’s most popular mode.

Naturally it’s going to stop getting updates eventually, but I’m willing to bet it won’t be until they stop updating SC2 as a whole. So for that we’ll have a good shot of knowing when it happens.

That said, as mentioned, we just got a big ol update. So I wouldn’t expect anything until near the end of the year if that for the next big drop.

3 Likes

I just want to be able to use Blizzard made or approved regular maps for Co-Op. That would greatly expand the maps used without quick-cheese maps allowing for experience boosting.

This is the biggest variety addition I can think of without too much Dev time needed to implement.

1 Like

Yes we will. You just gotta wait.

1 Like

They already gave us an incomplete content: the prestiges.
Once they finally complete that stuff, you can start thinking about what come next :wink:

Let this be the 1st anniversary of “Coop is dead”!

With Blizzcon moved to 20.02.2021 I’m afraid we have a looong time before there’s a good chance for a new content.

new content might arrive once the warchest expires. out of the new skins however, only the terran skins is unused. the zerg skins is used for mengsk(enthralled zerg) and the protoss skins is used for zeratul. the war chest have 9 days left, after that they might release something new.

What are your hopes for the next Warchest? I’m hoping for unit skins.

Terran - Royal Guard or KMC skins
Zerg - Protoss tech or a New Brood skins
Protoss - Nerazim skins

Maybe we’ll get something on LotV’s 5th anniversary this November 10th, otherwise Blizzcon next Feburary.

Would love some new maps. Prestige is pretty much all bad. Maybe only a few cool ones. Or rather, its the way to get them that feels bad.

they are not all bad. stetmanns first prestige is good, both karaxs first and second prestiges is good. nova`s first prestige is good. there is however some bad ones.

I prefer macro missions . But I think a micro co-op mission could be a fun change of pace.

Here’s my basic idea of how a micro map would work. You start at with a finite amount of resources, and max supply. But you can’t mine. You have all your research and production structures but it’s up to one what units / upgrades to get with your limited resources. After completing different stages of the objective you get a bit more resources. The prestige system gives commanders more flexibility for completing a map like this.

2 Likes