New Asus 6900XT Starcraft 2 stuck on 1920x1200

Hello, Just upgraded to a 6900XT from a RTX2060. The RTX2060 ran Starcraft 2 just fine on 2560x1440 without having to do anything special. At this point I’ve tried driver updates, windows updates, even reinstalling the game, nothing works. It also says “No valid resolutions found” in settings. Any ideas? Sucks to upgrade and take a step backwards.

CPU: 3950X
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200, 64GB
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB
PSU: Corsair 1000W
MD: Asus X570 ROG STRIX E

Thanks!

Are you sure your screen is connected to your GPU and not the onboard GPU?
If that’s not it, here is something I copy-pasted (though it should be more for laptops):

How to set default GPU for apps on Windows 10

If you have a multi-GPU system running Windows 10, you can now manually specify the preferred graphics processor an app should use for performance or to improve battery life.

January 4, 2022

On Windows 10, devices with multiple GPUs can select the preferred graphics card an app should use within the graphics control panels software available from Nvidia and AMD.

However, the Settings app includes a page that allows you to select the preferred graphics card for legacy and Microsoft Store apps to improve system performance or battery life.

This guide will teach you the steps to set the GPU an app uses on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop with multiple graphics processors.

Specify preferred GPU for apps using Settings

To force an app to use a discrete GPU instead of the integrated adapter, use these steps:

1. Open Settings on Windows 10.
  2. Click on System.
  3. Click on Display.
  4. Under the “Multiple displays” section, click the Graphics settings option.

Graphics settings option

1. Select the app type using the drop-down menu:
  • Classic app — traditional (Win32) desktop programs.
  • Microsoft app — apps available through the Microsoft Store.
  1. If you select the Classic app option, you will need to click the Browse button to locate the “.exe” file to specify the app. On the other hand, if you select the Microsoft Store app option, you will see a second drop-down menu to select the app.
  2. Use the drop-down menu and select the app.
  3. Click the Add button.

Set GPU for app

1. Click the Options button.

App GPU options

1. Set the graphics preference you want to use for the app:
  • System default — (default) Windows 10 decides which GPU to use automatically.
  • Power saving — runs the app on the GPU that uses the least power, usually the integrated graphics processor.
  • High performance — runs the app on the most capable GPU, usually an external or discrete graphics processor.
  1. Click the Save button.

Select GPU preference per app

Once you complete the steps, the app you selected will use the graphics processor you specified to optimize battery life or performance the next time you launch it.

It is important to note that these settings will take precedence from the same options available in other control panels (which you can continue to use).

While you can manually set the preferred GPU for an app on Windows 10, the app always decides which processor to use. This means that if you change the settings and the app continues to use a different GPU, you may need to change the preferences in the app itself.

If you want to stop an app from using this feature, then in the “Advanced graphics settings” page, select the app from the list, and click the Remove button. Or select the app, click the Options button, and select the System default option.

I copy-pasted it because the source site was triggering both NoScript and my ad blocker, and I don’t like linking in these conditions.

Although this motherboard does have integrated video the CPU doesn’t support it. Trust me it’s plugged directly into the video card, so there’s nothing for the system to confuse.

• Have you tried reducing the resolution and/or refresh rate of your desktop to see if it would help SC2 to not say “No valid resolutions found”?
  • Drivers update you already did…maybe the drivers of the previous cards have left stuff behind that confuse the system and the game?
  • Maybe try modifying values in Variables.txt (should be somewhere in user documents, I moved stuff around so I don’t know the default exact path), there are “windowwidth”,“windowheight”,“width”,“height”
  • The above made me think: do you have Onedrive? It often cause trouble with SC2, maybe it’s messing with the authorization to read/write config files, that could cause some files to remains despite the game reinstall, or prevent a successful fresh install to modify config files properly. More info can easily be found about that if you do have it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.