Nerf terran at the end of the year

hello, masters zerg here
so, apparently blizzard is going to do a balance patch at the end of the year as they usually do. i would like to talk about things that terran needs nerfed (or zerg buffed in a way that counters these things)

1 - siege tanks
bad terran players or just terran players that are behind can just make siege tanks and turtle up into an unbreakable position. nothing zerg does will break them (unless massively, massively ahead. being just ahead by a lot isn’t enough). if the terran opponent isn’t massively, massively behind from not knowing how to macro properly (like a masters 2 terran i just played who got his third at an incredibly late time… hehe guess terran is so easy and op you can get to masters 2 even with terrible macro)… then the zerg will just have to accept the terran player is going to max out, amove and win the game because the terran army is just stronger than anything zerg can throw at them

2 - liberators
liberators aren’t op as siege tanks, but they are strong and very easy to use. they can easily deny mining and unless the zerg made air units specifically to counter them killing workers (which would be a waste for the zerg), they will be much, much more annoying to the zerg than it takes apm from the terran. zerg has no similar options to harass the terran during a game. if zerg goes mutas, well mutas take a very long time to kill workers and are very expensive if you make enough to kill workers. also 1 thor will hard counter mutas anyways and mutas can’t fight against bio.
ling runbies are also a waste of minerals when the terran is turtling

so, these 2 units being strong as they are, the terran player who got massively outplayed the entire game can just turtle behind their bio units + siege tanks + liberators, while harassing the zerg and the zerg can’t do anything about it, just accept that they are playing the weakest race in the game

there are 2 approaches to fix this design issue of zerg being incapable of breaking a turtling terran. first is a direct nerf to terran units that allow them to turtle so easily. the second way is to buff a late game zerg unit so that, if the zerg is massively ahead in the game, the zerg can just mass them and win through sheer economic power
my suggestion is to add a third ultralisk upgrade, one which makes no damage they take to be bigger than 10 damage. if the zerg is so massively ahead than the terran, he should be able to do a specialized, expensive army 2-3 times and amove to destroy the turtle terran and end the game
it’s absurd that when the zerg player is massively ahead, he still can’t do anything to end the game, but accept that the opponent won’t leave his side of the map until he has maxed out an unkillable army which zerg can’t kill due to being very weak

sc2replaystats com/replay/11445722 this shows what i’m talking about, this design needs to be rethinked by blizzard. brood lords can’t break a turtle terran, infestors can’t break a turtle terran, 3 waves of fully upgraded ultras-hydras-ling-bling can’t break a turtle terran. if the terran wants, he can sit on his side of the map for hours and the zerg just has to accept he has chosen the weakest race.

3 Likes

i know there are many terran trolls on this forum who comes to spam when i try to bring a discussion, so before anyone says anything to derail the thread, please at least try to reply to my concerns.
try to answer this question, terrans. if the zerg is massively, massively ahead, shouldn’t he be able to build a specialized army to destroy the turtling terran? even if he has to make 2-3 waves of this army. or do you really think it is fair that a terran who is massively behind should be able to turtle the game for as long as he wants, while harassing the zerg whose spore crawlers don’t even have enough range to hit liberators?

1 Like

Gm protoss here :slight_smile:
terran aren’t winning tournaments right now there is no reason to nerf them. your concerns are not reasonable.

6 Likes

The problem isn’t about you trying to bring a discussion, is actually you’re doing exactly what are you judging: spamming.

Half of the new posts are about you asking for terran nerfs. Race whining is fine, but keep it at one place. Spreading your whining everywhere will just make you have less credibility and make people lose patience quicker to any of your posts. Things like that is why it is so hard to take your topics seriously.

I will answer this thread in the future, but just giving you this info out of charity.

1 Like

liquipedia net/starcraft2/Major_Tournaments

this pages says otherwise. this year protoss won 9, terran 7 and zerg 6
tournament wins on themselves don’t speak much about balance matters though. the game should be balanced at pro level, but also somewhat balanced at other levels
terran right now is much easier, more forgiving and stronger at the same time than the other races
i’ve been facing masters 2 and 3 players recently. protoss players macro very well, some zerg players even impress me with their macro, and terran players… well… every single game the terran does a huge macro mistake. takes too long to get 3rd/4th base, completely forgets upgrades etc… still, they are carried by their race to be at this level
2 games ago i played one masters 3 guy who at 14 minutes had 1-0 upgrades and was just now taking a 4th base. this last game, the masters 2 guy took so long to get a 3rd and failed his early harassments, and controlled his army horribly, blindly moving command into creep and losing half of it.

1 Like

If you were not abusing such a broken race you would not be masters. You complain about almost everything and im 90% sure you payed for a boost. Ive never met a master player complain as much as you. Maybe listen to that gm player.

Ps. Hes better then you.

yup, better than me, taking a horribly late third, moving command blindly into creep, and being at 180 supply while i’m maxed out with a 5k bank. all those things because i vastly outplayed him on early mid-game. or, are you going to say he outplayed me by doing these things? lmao
then he proceeds to turtle and zerg can’t do anything because terran is just a stronger race. zerg has nothing that can counter siege tanks. ultralisks are weak, vipers will easily get picked by bio before they pay for themselves, BLs will die once bio stims and targets them. infestors wont do a thing when there are multiple siege tanks
zerg massively ahead, with full upgrades, maxed out ultra-hydra-ling-blind army, 5k minerals 3k gas in bank, yet zerg has to accept that the terran is going to win because he is turtling up into a maxed out army that will amove destroy you.

hey, aren’t you that gold league guy? i cant see your profile anymore, you’ve hidden it in shame right
you always spam in my threads with nothing useful

to add up a little more, i would love to lose games to terrans. but in a respectful way. i’ve played terrans before who were incredibly good at macroing, and they would defeat me at the sheer power of their macro
but that’s not what happens. terran players who macroes like a diamond 2 zerg are getting into mid masters because of their race. their race is easier at doing everything. a terran to secure a base from harass only has to invest 150/150 into a planetary, and if the opponent dares to make a heavy investment to try killing it the terran can just mass repair and laugh as he easily gets a very efficient fight
a terran who is very behind on macro will still trade much better than the zerg, unless the terran has a herp derp moment and moves command into creep (which won’t even end the game in favor of the opponent).
it is disrespectful that a player who macroes like a diamond 2 and turtles up wins games just because their units are much stronger.
it takes much, MUCH more still to kill a turtle player than to be one. this needs a redesign.

also no one replied to my question that i made in the 2nd post

Ive never seen someone whinig so much in my life. Deal with it kiddo. And stop spamming threads noone is interested into reading.

2 Likes

Even the single worst and most worthless, most toxic Zerg crybaby troll on these forums denounced you as a whiner.

Reflect on that.

Guys, we need to report his imbecile. Anybody know how?

nobody cares idiot. And im diamond/plat but thanks. Do you realize everyone is annoyed by you. Simple. You need to get lost. I hope you get banned. Cause nobody can be this dumb

you’re the one getting banned insulting people like that just because you’re jealous of their mmr
and what does diamond/plat even means? just say plat already ffs. congrats on the promotion to plat though, you’re now on the top 50%

Im diamond in every bracket but one but okay. And me insulting you? Also ironic you talk about spam when 90% of the front page is your spam threads of you b*tching and moaning and crying like a little baby. How did you even get masters?

Clearly you have no problem beating terran. As there are more terran and zerg on the ladder.

Also congrats on masters. Does not make your brain any bit bigger.

Edit: Zerg is a bigger problem then the other two races atm. Sorry to burst your bubble.

1 Like

Also when did i ever once state i was jealous of your mmr. Point out where ive said i was jealous of any masters MMR.

Im just annoyed logging into the forums every day and see 50 RBT threads of “nerf terran” and all the other legit feed back threads are covered up by your useful cry baby posts.

New meme. Zerg cry babies. Their leader? Rbt ofc.

1 Like

Don’t you understand?! He’s a GSL world champion calibre player. Zerg is just too underpowered for him to reach is true status!

You need to give some respect to the man!

2 Likes

So in other words, your just a platinum ranked player… lol what a troll…

Reports only work if you are the troll , QQ on tickets how much you have been harassed, oppressed, life threats (one can make a sling shot of how stretched that LIE is, that some make your inner beast raise by their readings is something even a patient guy may start having) but your trolling is a pleasure for the staff.

Forum rulez: Trolling allowed, provoking and pissing allowed
Insulting the provocators, trolls and offenders because they didn’t say the F- word so they are angels - not allowed

I would trade my perm ban here on all acc’s to see 1-2 people here perm banned too

If you see someone over 1000 posts when no one else is and 99.9 % of them are nonsensical garbage that has nothing to do with the game… and all the existence is based on trolling others… and MOD staff do nothing, Im gonna aim my insults at the staff next

Rbt is not that bad but his trolling falls under ‘create a thread to cause flame wars’

2 Likes

cap cap cap cap i like ckiken