Need Advices for Vorazun

The first commander I chose, but only till level 3, and I haven’t touched her for almost two years, needless to say both Mastery and Prestige are beyond me.

Any suggestion on how she could be played efficiently, aside from mass-DK I heard so much about?

Most of her strength prior to mastery lies with Dark Templar (assuming what you meant by DK).

You can use Stalkers for AA, which I recommend over Corsairs or Voidray. Those also work fine but I’d say harder to use (as you need to mass up more so than Stalkers). And that means you’d need a solid build order.

Without mastery, that can be harder on newer players to support. So my recommendation for sub15 is DT + Stalker.

Do not go for Zealots or Dark Archons. At this stage, you’ll have a rough time to support these.

1 Like

Yep, DT, not DK. I was playing WoW. XD

Are Zealot/Archon ever used? I heard good and bad things about them both.

Yes, of course. They are more prevalent in P2. Since you may not be prestiging, their use become more limited.

Zealots are a good mineral dump but honestly you don’t need them over DTs. Dark Archons are expensive, weak, and difficult to use well.

My personal view on this is that a good Vorazun player will be able to use Dark Archons well and make them work. They are more complex.

My knowledge on Dark Archon remains SC1 so I remember its ability to steal worker with mind control. XD

But what I’m hearing here is that: Why bother crowd control when you can execute them?

Dark archons are very good vs most of the enemy protoss comps (stealing immortals, void rays, carriers) but only after lvling vorazun where you get all upgrades for them. Vs zerg and terran i dont recommened use them, other comps like dt+stalkers/dt+corsairs will be more reliable. And you can steal workers from other races, but you can’t build anything with them.

1 Like

I find Zealots are better with Corsairs than Archons(best on P2) because of the mineral/gas balance.

Safest bet is Stalkers / DT with % depending on air/ground balance of enemy.

Leveling vorazun currently, like above recommendations , DT+stalker is more easier to play

I just massed Stalkers when I leveled her, it’s the best way to go to avoid any and all problems you may encounter with the enemy and your ally. They get tanky when you unlock their Blink Shield, which allows them to take on more enemies with fewer losses.

If you happen to get Dead of Night, build lots of defenses on all points and mass Oracles, send the Oracles to attack the buildings and nothing else on Day 3 and make sure to purchase their perma-cloak when available. You want at least 30 Oracles before you attempt to attack, and you want to wait til Day 3 to attack to save up the energy in case you attack stuff at night (it happens.)

And if you get Lock & Load, make damn sure to avoid using your time stop ability here. The glitch that occurs on this map with the AI has never been fixed and it makes your life much harder to complete the map. So pretend Time Stop doesn’t exist if you go there.

Stalkers are a good general purpose unit and DTs make up the bulk of your damage but corsairs can be the stronger anti-air option but need a lot more control to be effective, just remember that Vorazun is not the type of commander to a-move across an enemy base otherwise you’ll be endangering your units.

Void rays are a noob trap if you have no idea what you’re doing with them and should only be made if you need the single-target damage, have time to max out, or there’s no risk of enemy splash damage wiping them all out (in a similar way to Alarak’s P3).

Honestly P2 Vorazun is the only way I like to play her and I know it’s not very good but I can’t help myself.

1 Like

They’re very good units but I wouldn’t recommend massing either because zealots have to share space with DT to attack and archons are just way too damn big for large quantities. Also I wouldn’t bother with archons at all unless you’re also (planning on) using dark pylons. Archons don’t have much range, are attractive targets for many very dangerous abilities and are very expensive to replace. There is little point in using them against an incoming bane/scourge wave if they get abducted before they get a chance to do anything. You will want everything the dark pylon has to offer, which is much more than meets the eye. Most people prefer to just vortex every wave, in which case dt+corsair is superior. Archons don’t really contribute much to that except maybe a confuse just before the end of vortex if the vortex somehow wasn’t long enough to kill everything. Mind controlled units take up supply so it’s not all that great except for carriers, arbiters, observers, science vessels and medics/medivacs if I haven’t forgotten any.

Your best friend is Blackhole btw. Even though you don’t have the 8sec duration at the moment, don’t be afraid to use them each engagement.

What a lot of players (especially while leveling) tend to do is “save” energy. And I’m honestly not sure what they are saving it for.

If you use 1 x blackhole every 2min up to 10min, then you’ll have lost likely very little when your army is weak and few. Then after that, perhaps you’re not the best macro player, but even then that’s 10min of massed up units. Whereas otherwise you’ll end up with even less trying to engage.

:thinking: why I never used DA. I have a reason to play today

1 Like

What ticks me off about using stalkers for AA is you still need oracles for detection (or mind control Amon units) but that means the air to air only units will go for your oracles.

So even if I go stalkers, I feel I need some corsairs to distract Amon’s air to air units so I don’t lose all my detection.

3 Likes

Depending on the situation you might be fine just sniping amon’s detection instead if all you have is stalkers. Or you can try placing a dark pylon at strategic locations and use the transportation and power field they provide to place a small amount of cannons, just enough to not attract nukes and make the dark pylon defendable when needed. It may not be ideal but at least it’s somewhat reliable. In reponse amon will feel compelled to send detect, which you can then easily take for yourself. This is also one of the reasons you want to use impalers as dehaka. A constant supply of flying and possibly psionic units to devour free of charge regardless of the enemy comp.

Can’t you just micro your Oracles behind your Stalkers?

Yeah, making a few is fine. They’re indeed a min dump. Their ability upgrades let them charge and phase through other units, and the stun effect could come in handy

I also just go mass Stalkers + DT. This simplifies lv upgrades (you only need Forge)

There’s rarely an actual need to get Oracle if you know a few tricks:

• Against Lurker-comps, you can simply move your visible units away, then blink-dive onto the Lurkers (as they’ll chase you down). Basically just kite…
  • Against Terran in general your only issue is against Banshees (cuz ghosts hardly do any damage to you and are few). This can be avoided by simply blink your stalkers to make them invisible. What’s required is of course you take care of the detectors (Ravens and SVs).
    *This one is perhaps the most common issue and dangerous at that (cuz banshees destroy stalkers very quickly).
  • Against Arbiter-comps, you’ll just have to make some good use of blackholes, if you want to avoid making/controlling oracles. Snipe and go to town on the rest with DTs.
  • Against Amon’s DTs, you can half-escape them for the most part. Let them go to your base where you should have made a few cannons anyway.

The point here though is if you want to avoid Oracle entirely, it is very much possible and doable. The comps mentioned that would have an issue at all are not even 1/3 of the comps.

Stalker DT all the way, that’s all I can say

I tend to move my detector in after all the AA dies just to avoid it getting sniped at the start of any fight cus it always happens.