My balance proposals: Racial macro skills. Part 1

After so many years sc2 has had many changes, from expansions adding new units and a 12 worker start to balance and mapdesign.

The game has become obsolete in terms of interactive fun, and has been downgraded to a ‘cassual cookie cutter’ experience. The game has been made easier to play by basically nerfing anything and everything that was deemed ‘oppressive’ and overpowering.

When that was the literall purpose when sc2 was being created. Some super powerfull units that are deemed oppressive and you had to be carefull about them. From engaging them to microing them. to losing them.

The game has lost its spark. The incessant whine of the community has made the game bland and boring to play. The only interaction you still have with your opponent is counting how many workers you can kill to gain a lead that cant be overcome by tech or economics.

My suggestions mostly focus on the harrassing nature, but also the defensive nature in terms of army to army fights and engaging.

Nerfed:

Terran:

Widow mine, Tank, liberator, medivac.

Protoss:

oracle, dark templar, cannons, shield battery, warpprism.

Zerg:

Larva, Mutalisk, lurker, swarmhost, overlord.

Removed; adept, ravager, reaper, queen.

I will go into depth and increase this list over time. But today i want to talk about the racial macro skills. What can we do to make them more fun and interactive. Make them trully stand out in such a way that people not only want to use them but effectively gain such a lead by using them that it becomes dominant early game.

Minerals in mainbase doubled.

Scan decrease in radius, decrease in cooldown, decrease in energy cost.
Mule decrease in active time, decrease mineral yield, decrease energy cost.
Supply drop increases base armor by 3 and health by 100.

The current scan makes it too easy to ‘accidently’ scan an area with cloaked units like observers, lurkers, banshee. But it is also too punishing when your sniping targets and barely miss them on that steep cast time interval.

The decrease in cost makes it so it can be used allot more tactically then gambling you get the unit or not. It also allows terran early game to scan opponents bases scouting them. yet not overpowering by radius so it might need multiple.

Terran also gains a new worker. At the low cost of 25 energy, you now get a mule that cannot mine resources. Instead, it can create buildings and repair at an accellerated pace. It wont cost any supply and the active time is 100 seconds.

It can also be used to scout around the opponents base after you have used scan for instance. Or be spammed to create an army of free energy robots that repair eachother at such a rate that they need to be one shot to be killed.

They can be used like forcefields, blocking enemy units and hold positioning them can be devastating!

Chronoboost, active time decrease, cost decrease. the more you have access to it, the more functional the spell becomes. Protoss also gains 1 observer per nexus for a 100 mineral cost. just like the mothership the observer will be capped at 1 and will have relatively slow movement speed compared to the current observers. observer speed upgrade now increase observer speed to fast patch values.

overlords gain the changeling ability from the overseer, each overlord only gets 1 charge of changeling and energy cost is removed. When a changeling dies the overlord wich produced the changeling will go into cooldown automatically creating a new changeling. If the overlord dies the changeling stays alive untill its duration is complete. Hatcheries autoproduce larva, slower then current ingame itteration when injected. But faster then base larva production. overlord speed removed. Ive also added an optional changeling from larva, wich basically is a free unit at the cost of larva.

This way all the races can always scout early game without trully getting punished for it. Cheesing will be actively lowered in effectiveness, due to the abundance of scoutability and responsetime for the defender.

yet scouting will also require micro and multitasking.

1 Like

i wonder how zerg would survive the first 5 minutes of every game, since you have nothing to defend against even 6 hellions. lings? yeah nice try, with reduced larva. so a terran wouldnt even need to sacrifice his hellions to do huge dmg to the zerg eco.

you CANT remove the queen. simple as that.

You can. Simple as that. Speed lings trade great vs helions on creep. Or get your T2 unit. You know… Roach, the HARD counter for helion.

Remove all units and buildings not in Brood War and put back in the old BW units except for scout. Start with 4 workers. Make the pathing bad. Call the game StarCraft remastered. Problem solved.

Calling roaches T2 is like calling marauders T2.

I mean, yeah, but its for comparing Roach to Helion. No need to call roach T1.5, they need another structure like T does, so lets call it T2.

Wanna see how you get 3+ roaches at the 3:30 minute mark, without falling miles behind in eco. Especially if you remove inject at the same time.

Lol…

or just play your broodwar…

this is sc2, sorry… not any pun intended, just those words.

How would you spread creep without queens pooping out creep tumors? And how would you have enough units to hold against hellions while simultaneously staying even in the worker count without the queen injecting larvae?