(mutation) A person can solo normal but die in 10 min in hard?

It is quite hard to imagine people playing “Hard mode” and still fail or those people who think “Brutal mode” is hard. Well, not unless I imagine that those people are playing with one hand or they are a toddler who just got on the computer for the first time.

It speaks to the disconnect between good players and the general population. Monk’s often said brutal players often underestimate how many players actually play on the lower difficulties. If you’re posting on the forums, you’re already way beyond the average player.

This is why I rarely complain about how easy/difficult the game is, since the devs have to focus on the entire player base that may or may not share my difficulty dilemma, and rather use self-imposed challenges to improve myself further. When the game stops challenging me, I challenge myself.

8 Likes

To me it looks more like some people feel the need to say “that was soooooo easy” (even if it wasn’t) because they think it makes them look cooler and more skilled than those who might have struggled.

Real good players should remember that there was a time when they themselves had trouble with the difficulty, before they mastered it.

1 Like

I’d say, more like struggling to learn those many hotkeys and get out of the mouse-only playstyle, takes a good while to get used to it, especially those who just came out of console, once in a while I screw my army hotkey due to not pressing ctrl/shift/alt properly, despite playing this game for like, 2 years or so.

Yeah, you’re not alone in that - sometimes it’s annoying other times it means death.

1 Like

The skills need to be learned at some point, but for some of us, that’s ~20 years ago. It’s like riding a bike - do you actually remember when it was tough?

Some people do. Some will genuinely find it really really easy, because the controls are natural and they know what matters. I think lower level coop players don’t understand how easily you can steamroll public hard/brutal/brutal+ games with the right builds and priorities.