Most Wanted Commanders

Wow really? Nobody wants Valerian? I think they really missed an opportunity when they had him star in the Korhal missions on the LotV campaign. Edit: @OP put one up for Valerian on me

5 Likes

Between Valerian and Tosh, a lot of people pick Tosh because of his character, but I still believe Valerian is more likely as Umojan-based terran commander with high-tech units (also considering there’s already a Umojan skin that exists for Terran).

That being said, put one up for Valerian as well.

6 Likes

They could also make a whole 180 turn and introduce a Umojan commander instead.

I actually really like Valerian’s potential. However, I do like Tosh a lot more. If I were to go by race:

Protoss: Rohana
Terran: Tosh
Zerg: Izsha

These are the ones I want most for each race. I’d be happy with Valerian or Selendis but, these are my most wanted.

But, since there’s one Commander that I can vote for; I’m sticking with Rohana.

2 Likes

Put me up for an Overmind vote.

A macro focused Zerg commander with some drop bar commands is exactly the kind of CO I want. Abathur is great, but he has much too much focus on his monstrosities and Stukov isn’t REALLY a Zerg Commander.

Give me a Zerg version of Raynor! That would be loads of fun. Zerg needs a proper macro commander.

2 Likes

To Add: Is nobody looking for an Urun Commander? He is the most legit candidate for a Skytoss commander canonically since Selendis is being controlled by Amon during the LotV campaign.

1 Like

Well, technically that is wrong. Co Op is supposed to take place after the last stand on Auir. But before the Epilogue. So, Selendis at this point would be freed as well as Rohana has cut off her own cords.

2 Likes

It’s actually set in between the start and end of the LotV campaign. Where Amon came out with his 3 race army and started a crap storm. But I guess that’s irrelevant now with all the “dead” commanders popping up.

2 Likes

Co-op isn’t canon, and it most likely never will be. The closest thing you have to canon is the fact that all races are working together to fight against Amon considering he’s just one big threat.

4 Likes

So, I’ll choose Valerian.

1 Like

SGT Hammer gets my votes. She has the biggest boobs.

I will definitely choose Tosh.

3 Likes

My vote is Valerian. I want to see him as a Terran commander with access to more advanced technology based on Umojan tech and the study of the Protoss and Zerg.

4 Likes

Selendis, with permanent Mothership and/or multiple Motherships. Customized, and designed to display Protoss power unlike anything else we’ve seen before. All kinds of potent possibilities for fantastic, fanatical fun.

Tosh, with Blizzard sending the first 1,000 buyers a high quality replica of his badass bone balisong with that terrific tanto profile.

5 Likes

As much as I’d like to see Zurvan, I’m not sure how he’ll be implemented as a commander. Dehaka pretty much has covered everything the Primal Zerg has in terms of concepts. So I’ll just go vote for Izsha.

3 Likes

There’s always new ways to produce unique and compelling gameplay design. It’s only a matter of imagination and creativity, as well as just how unique you want the commander to be compared to the others.

4 Likes

I think Zurvan could be made different from Dehaka. One way to make him different from Dehaka is having more traditional Primal skins and unused Primal units. A unique “structure” for Zurvan could be Zurvan himself. He wouldn’t be a Hero technically speaking. It would be there where the player could feed him with meat from kills like in his Heart of the Swarm mission.

Feeding him could strengthen his army in some way or give the player new abilities. Unlike Dehaka; he wouldn’t need Primal Pack Leaders. He has plenty of options and I’d imagine quite fun.

2 Likes

Protoss
Tassadar: I think he has a lot of potential as a commander, especially from a lore standpoint since it would give Blizzard an opportunity to do a “what if he survived SC1” or “what if Tassadar actually came back from the dead”. I could see him having a rather unique army makeup of both traditional, SC era Protoss with a lot of psionic effects and Dark Templar units as well. And of course, I’d love to see him be a hero unit. It’d be cool if he could get his Archon form from Heroes of the Storm, or get the Gantrithor.

Zerg
The Overmind: Another one that’d be a “back from the dead” scenario, like Tassadar. I’d love to have him, not only for the voice/announcer possibility (although it’s to my understanding that the original VA passed away), but also the chance to see the original SC zerg in a “peak form”. I think he could bring some units to the table that the others haven’t used and also employ some other tactics such as cerebrate “hero units” and/or a very flexible force. And for what it’s worth, I’d be interested to see if we could have a “heroic structure”, although that would probably be weird. Also again, from a lore standpoint, it’d be fun to see the Overmind wanting to get revenge against Amon.

Terran
Tosh: As far as commanders go, the current ones we have available don’t really have access to the ghost academy/multiple nukes. I’d love to see a specter/ghost centered commander who can use multiple nukes (although I imagine the co-op team would need to do more with the commander than make it a nuke spammer). But regardless, ghosts are my favorite unit in the Terran arsenal and I’d love to see a commander make full use of them. Nova’s cool but I feel like there’s more potential with Tosh to make his army more built around specters and such.

7 Likes

Don’t remember who he was. I’ll have to look him up. Hell, when Stetmann got released, I had no clue that he ended up literally creating an army of Simulant Zerg

I played the full Sc1, BW, and Sc2 WoL campaigns. Read through the instruction manuals for Sc1 and BW. Otherwise, names do escape me. Esecially if the source is from novels, or last decade

Hmm, another option is he could have a subset of both Terran and Protoss units. A throwback to the last mission in the 1st StarCraft when he and Raynor’s forces teamed up to take down the Overmind. You had the full might of those 2 races at your disposal. Here, they could just make that into a subset of both races. Either prepicked, or, you get to choose on the spot, like Tychus’ Outlaws, or Zeratul’s Top Bar. I just think it’d be neat for Protoss to be leap frogging Siege Tanks towards objectives :sunny:

Niadra, as some kind of Zerg/Protoss hybrid commander

4 Likes