Months have gone by and still SC2 crashes on launch

For months now I have been unable to play SC2 because of a crash issue on launch.

I get code - 1668BEAB-2597-4A43-9462-49E2D5BF9A2F

I have tried every “fix” I can find on the forums, help library, and online. Since it doesn’t give me any information other than that code, I am at a loss as to what else I can do.

I have reinstalled the game, gpu drivers, windows 10, do not have any overclocking software, etc…

2 Likes

Hey PapaVald,

Looking at the crash log I have a few ideas of some things that you can try. It looks like Starcraft 2 could be having issues accessing the WMI service in Windows on your system. Try this to fix WMI:

1. Press the Windows and Q keys together
  2. Search for CMD
  3. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
  4. Enter the following commands, one at a time, pressing Enter after each:
    a. net stop winmgmt - stops the WMI Service
    Respond in the affirmative to the warning message about stopping the Security Center and IP Helper
    b. winmgmt /resetrepository - this will report the WMI repository has been reset)
    c. net start winmgmt - it may report the WMI Service is already started - that’s okay
    d. exit - closes the Command Prompt Window

Now try rebooting the PC and then launch Starcraft 2 and see if it works. If not, you may want to try deleting the Blizzard cache folder as well, which can affect Starcraft 2.

Lastly, I noticed you have Starcraft 2 installed on a secondary drive. If you have room you may want to try moving it on the C: drive with Windows and see if it will launch there.

Hope this helps!

I have already completed the WMI repository reset. I had the game on the drive it is on and it ran fine, after one of the game updates this started happening, and I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed on different drives, including the root drive.

Moved the game again and still getting -

B31DDB37-9562-4718-999B-FD45DE72D101

i have the same problem but game doesn’t show any error message , for a second entered the game and couple of second later coming out . no error messages show . i do everything customer support above told us and stay same . blizzard only has 11 game n launcher and sadly one of those not work - i never face same thing in steam launcher which has thousand of games .

Hey again PapaVald,

I looked up the new crash log and it pretty much looks the same as the first. Unfortunately it isn’t really clear what is causing this crash but it does appear to be an issue between Windows and the Starcraft 2 client.

You might want to try creating a new administrator account in Windows, and then log into that new account to see if the game will launch there.

If you’d like, feel free use this link to submit a ticket and include your DXDIAG and MSINFO files and we can investigate further once we have more info about your system.