@mods delete this topic, it's full of trolls

this is trolling. you poor soul, stop bothering and flooding my topic

done with you.

I’m not obligated to protect your ego either. You have a history of making things up and asserting them as fact. You don’t have any right to be surprised at the pushback youre receiving when you cant even be bothered to support your positions with actual proof.

Maybe, it’s more accurate to say that it’s not in accordance with Buddhist teachings. I’m not condemning that you are wrong. Or that it’s a sin. It would be highly hypocrite of me.

Of course. It’s not easy to ignore your immediate surroundings. Especially, one that being so loud. But that’s the whole point of it all; learning to control yourself and not be bother by discomfort.

I noticed sound in my surroundings that I usually oblivious to, if you need any clarification.

For you, maybe. I can to some degree with regard to some lesser desire. I can meditate and let go of my anger. It’s not that I release it. It’s not bottle it up, either. I just dispersed it. You can even look it up for yourself in Wikipedia. It’s ‘Path’ of the Four Noble Truth. I just check it out. Got to admit, it’s not bad.

I’m not sure I can explain it in English. (or any other language for that matter) It’s like when you take your mind off of thing; the corresponding desire just gone. You don’t satisfy it. You don’t bottle it up. It’s just… gone… And you’re at peace with thing just the way it is.

Maybe, but if an eighty years old monk don’t think it’s magical after sixty years of practicing; I don’t think I’ll ever get to the point.

@Emperor Probius, the ruler of Probe

I don’t think he is lying about his experience. Although, I have never experienced what he typed, everybody goes through the meditation differently. It’s all about how you practice it. The resultant state of mind can be drastically different.

Moreover, meditation is a tool we use to still our mind, but I’m uncertain about its limit. I’m sure you sometime find yourself feeling so emerges with the game. You don’t think about the game as if you’re playing it anymore. You aren’t even sitting on your chair (in your mind). You could say that you’re in a trance, which could be that you’re meditating. It’s not unique to the practitioner of Buddhism.

We are talking about a tool that we use to control the state of our mind, you see? We, the Buddhist, use it to achieve Nirvana; a state of mind where we experienced true happiness. That doesn’t mean you can’t use it to achieve other state, though. I believe there are numerous possible states as stars in the sky. Meditate long enough and you will eventually stumble upon something.

EDITED: my bad. When I talked about meditation I talked about it in the context of Buddhist teachings. However, we don’t OWN the concept.

1 Like

you wanna tell me that if someone cut off your both legs in your wake, you could hide in the Void to not even perceive the pain?

doesn’t this agree with what i said?:

and how can you reach nirvana(happiness) if you’re building up your spirit to feel nothing?

Oh man. I’m dead. Almost spit out my coffee. :joy::rofl::sob::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. You can ignore the pain. I’m not saying that I can, though.

No, because you don’t fill it. You let it go, get rid of it. It’s like when someone ask you for money. You don’t play them or conjuring an illusion of money. You just shoot him in the face, but without actually using a bullet. You don’t give him even that.

you let go of your joy to attain happiness? happiness = joy

happiness is a feeling, how can you reach nirvana without feeling anything?

Hell if I know. You think I have achieved Nirvana?

1 Like

nope, you feel more empty than happy :smile: but ehy, is absolute happiness even posssible? i believe in the duality, to be and not to be. i think this is eternal, i can get mad just as much i can get happiness. especially in this state of mine where i perceive all my feelings stronger. sadly its not just the good feelings

That sounds quite normal compared to Charmed’s “DeviantArt is valid source of canon”.

Although that Saiyan is trying hard to get to its level :crazy_face:

1 Like

This one I know. Your ‘joy’ is an illusion. It’s limited and fade over time. Sooner or later your desire come back to you. If you satisfied your desire in order to obtain happiness, it will always be fleeting and a struggle. Supposedly, the happiness in the Nirvana is a different kind. It’s eternal and peaceful.

You let go of your desire and negative feelings of any kind. Seriously, man, do you know what the Four Noble Truth are? It’s the ‘Suffering’ from the Truth that you must deal with in order to attain Nirvana. And, I guess this answer my question to you earlier somewhat, we DON’T study happiness.

though your goal is happiness? (nirvana)

i think we had a long enough conversation really, it was quite a good one though

Nirvana is more like peace than happiness. The absence of worries and concerns rather than the presence of joy.

Im not even Buddhist and I know this. This is why you don’t do research on Wikipedia.

Yep!

As good a description as any, I suppose.

@Saiyan

And yes, this is what we think is the ‘True Happiness’. It’s not just a happiness on steroids. It’s a completely different kind of happiness. Though, I must admit I never felt it myself. And according to our teaching I shouldn’t even believe I be happy once I attain Nirvana.

I think you need to read the guide to the galaxy. You know the 42 joke. It might help you understand this topic a bit better.

1 Like

that’s what i said too… i said that the joy i get is not from outside, but coming from my meditation… it fills me with joy… is this joy not different?

and how can happiness be without joy anyway…

but ehy let’s really set a point here, i’m getting tired

Well, if you really want to set a point don’t end your comment with a question!

Anyway, you don’t need to reply right now. You can come back to it later.

Well, it seem you know that there is a difference joy that you gains from your meditation, don’t you think that there is more than one type of joy to be gained from meditating?

Who know? I, for one, don’t. The only thing I can tell you is that you’re too fixated on joy. There is another kind of happiness to be attained. One without necessitating ‘Joy’.

I mean I gotta say I see something arcane and magical. Time’s patience.

Not sure he would appreciate the joke.

I don’t know why you guys are still trying to chat with this Saiyan dude. It seemed pretty obvious days ago that this guy’s a troll.