Mirages seem to be OK. I'll be making more of them

Mind you… prior, I didn’t hate nor curse them. I typically didn’t get around to making ANY air units is all, let alone Mirages (generally preferring Immortals with Shadow Cannon).

Had to go up against Mutas, Guards, Devourers, and Brood Queens, so I figured I’d give them a try. Once on VL, another on another on VP. It’s like watching Sentinels take down targets… although the life meter of their targets gets reduced on the slower side, it definitely goes down, and gets killed soon enough (even if the target doesn’t have the Light tag). Otherwise, I just fire a few supplemental blasts of OS (Orbital Strike) and/or SL (Solar Lance).

They’re quite sturdy with the Phasing upgrade + mastery pts into unit hp + shields. The Graviton Beam incapacitating a few enemies has come in handy.

I am more averse to Carriers, but if I were playing P2, or perhaps playing longer missions, I would go Carriers. They really do take too long on P3 without any Chronos. :frowning: However, I’ve been finding that 1 Sentinel + 1 Mirage has been sufficient when going up vs. mixed air and ground unit comps, vs. just a single Carrier.

They are very sturdy indeed. More of a fun build than serious AA from air. I’d say their use is more to spell cast and provide vision for your top bar than actual AA (sadly).

2 Likes

Against Zerg air, I like them, they do decently against Mutas and basically invalidate Scourge thanks to their phasing.

Also I really like what they sound like

That I’m curious about though, wouldn’t the phasing armour have the air just run past it?

Well phoenixes are made to counter Mutalisks so you had the best comp to build it. The phasing armor works so well vs. scourges too. I always build them vs. zerg air or scourge so my carriers are protected.

Mirages are fantastic with Karax P3; they spot for him and the Spear of Adun

I always go Mirage first, then build to desired comp. Mass Mirage + Zealot works very well with P3, relatively mobile and fast to reinforce to coordinate with the fast Spear cooldowns and massive amounts of energy

I’m working on incorporating Colossi, which is what I really want to use. Will have to be satisfied with a few unless long map. P2 army prestige works great with Colossus of course