Minor Siege Tank changes

Pretty good unit, but feels just a little bit fragile. Can I get another 25Hp or +1 Base armor?

1 Like

Sure, when Disruptors will get the full 200 damage and Interceptors will ignore the armor…

2 Likes

Why do you need disruptors and carriers to counter siege tanks when zealots immortal archon counters mech easily.
If opponent is building a tank bio army and theyre not TY you can just beat it playing standard toss compositions, also tanks are terrible against toss because zealots unless youre camping as terran.

It’s a play-style thing, generaly i don’t like to have scores of Zealot/Archon/Immortals slaughtered by a wall of tanks and WM after having their HP halved by EMP.
Why play harder when one can play smarter? Disruptor obliterates Bio and Mech without passing the gauntlet of Ghosts.
It’s the difference of trading 1:2 vs 2:1.
I am not saying that you are wrong, just some have a different way of doing things.
I use zealots only as scouts and for runbys, in Disruptor-heavy comps i use Adepts that take much less frendly-fire from the Balls of Hell.

No (obligatory 20 chars)

In what world are siege tanks not strong enough as they are?

2 Likes

Probably in the world of someone who doesn’t know how to use them.

Siege Tanks are well balanced with their current stats, and they haven’t been in a “better” (neither overpowered nor underpowered) spot in the entire history of StarCraft II.

2 Likes

Both of those suggestions would just be broken.

It actually makes more sense to reduce the Disruptor’s shield bonus to 15, so they only “consistently” one-shot 2-supply units or the 3-supply units that are intentionally squishy (Ravagers/Cyclones). This would make Disruptors are more consistent unit across all 3 match-ups.

1 Like

if they only got the bonus hp in tank mode, maybe with a hp decrease in siege mode its not a bad idea

That would be interesting because you give something in one place and receive something else in another.

I know, no one is going to make Disruptor deal 200 damage. It was just a bait.

Eh, I don’t think they need help directly. Some late game tech from the other races is overtuned so that they trade favorably despite a large mobility and production advantage, but touching tanks could kill early game interactions, You’d have to lock them behind upgrades (and they’d have to be small).