Mini Campaigns for cooperative mode?

The co-op mode has a lot of potential and has very dedicated players including myself.

It would be very good if they added, for example, a mini-campaign of 3 or 4 missions with their own story and in which the two players have to collaborate as they do on the current maps to advance.

Clearly, these campaigns would be accessible with all current (and future) commanders so that the player can choose one and follow the story in different difficulties (not eligible between missions only before starting the campaign) and that in turn, to more difficulty , more reward or even portraits for passing the campaign in brutal (For example)

It would be a good idea for those who play co-op in StarCraft 2.

IN SUMMARY:

Cooperative mini-campaigns of 3 or 4 missions with their own story.

The campaigns would have a history beginning and an end.

Before starting each campaign, the difficulty of the campaign would be chosen (the more difficulty, the more rewards).

Selectable any cooperative commander to pass the campaigns.

Since the current missions do not have any specific order, why not do a little story with their missions for the cooperative?

That is my proposal.

4 Likes

Great idea. They should make it so that the actions and outcomes involved in each mission influences the missions later down the line.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, actually. Just having a chain of missions with a little bit of persistence would be cool - kind of like how Payday 2 works.

It’s totally not happening in SC2, but maybe if there’s a sequel… or if some other RTS takes up some of that sweet co-op real-estate.

Given these are campaigns, they could charge for them as high incentive to “git-er dun”

1 Like

While I like the idea in theory, if we consider (with pessimism) that the average length of a mission is 30 minutes, then 4 missions would be 2 hours.
That seems a lot from a “random” player like me.
If it was playable in a random mode, there would be lots of quitting midway, for legit reasons, and that would be sad, and if there’s no random mode, I never played in a party, and may never will, so it would be out of my reach and the reach of many others, once again something sad.

Based on Maguro maps and the Coop All Stars mod, there’s no AI for commanders, that could have allowed a way to finish things even with a player dropping, but I doubt new AI are a priority, nor that they are an easy work.

I’m sure the maps would also be available individually.

I have my credit card ready, Blizzard!

I think that there is something similar to this already available, but in a different order - Co-op mode for Campaigns.

I came across one where someone edited current Campaign missions to allow up to 3 players to play together at the same time. Need to search via custom games (can’t remember the name; try using standard Campaign mission names in your search).

Perhaps this can be sort of a workaround to address your Campaign thirst. :slight_smile:

I would gladly pay for this kind of content fo co-op. However, I highly doubt the devs team has resources and time to develop anything that big. Prestiges might be the last big change to co-op I fear.

Sadly, this isn’t about having Co-op commanders in campaign, just multiplayering with normal campaign stuff the existing campaigns.

I know mapmakers have done custom co-op versions of campaigns. But if SC3 ever happens, I think allowing campaign missions to be played both single player and via multi player coop could be a feature added to differentiate it from SC2.

I also like the idea of having co-op commander factions campaign missions. I like the idea of some missions having a full customizable tech tree but having commander themed missions. Examples with SC2 commanders in WoL would Raynor on a specific mission gives Swann an assignment, or Raynor tells the crew he’ll handle this with a group of forces.