Mengsk issuse report

Been playing him for sometime and noticed that sometimes the medivacs (I know they have another name) will stop in their tracks and not move or they’ll attempt to heal the mech units which they cannot, I had some tanks set-up to hold a point and as they were attacking the medivacs will stop and hover over the tanks in attempt to heal, by the time I do realize my cannon fodder of a army is wiped clean and some or all my bio hero units are dead cause of no healing.

It would seem that they do or would’ve had that function if they are attempting to do so.

2 Likes

I played Mengsk once more yesterday and I noticed the same

2 Likes

That was investigated by Maguro

And taking into account that fixes for Nikara behavoiur were never done by Blizzard, I think there will be no fixes for Mengsk’s Medivacs either in the near future at least.
So you’ll probably need to make sure that no units are stuck behind or micro your Medivacs manually meanwhile.

Solution: let them heal mech.

I mean… right?

At least when they’re full of Laborers maybe? Pretty please?

No?

Ok.

2 Likes

I mean it’ll make sense that they should right? Raynor’s medics do.

1 Like

What’s the difference between the co-op healers and the campaign ones, I was playing WoL and the medics/medivacs healed when the units were injured and listened to the “Attack Move” command while not running ahead in a suicide run. It’s just weird that there’s so much of a difference between the two.

1 Like

Also EMP of his ghosts is not working on hybrids.

1 Like

Not true, Nikara had worse behavior on first release (got left behind looking at enemy buildings)

1 Like

Hmm, I didn’t notice that, but probably you’re right.
But that means that she had “fake weapon” and was changed to regular medic’s behaviour and that behaviour is unchanged since WoL as far as I know.

The real question is, why is it that they have had a different AI for every single co-op healer, where ZERO co-op healers have used the 1v1 healer AI, and without fail they have all been inferior. Because trying (and failing miserably) to reinvent the wheel once wasn’t enough, they had to do it for every single commander.

1 Like

yes his medivacs lag behind, even if there are no mech units in the army.

fix it you lazy trash.

Exacly, and give those troopers some HP :smiley: so the medivacs will ACTUALY be able to heal them for at least 5 secounds before they die…

It’s an issue with Medic-type AI, not that they lag behind. Maguro talked about how there’s different AI types for each Medic type.

If you want more HP on them, make them into Flamers. They’re meant to be mineral dumps, like Zerglings.

I’d like to see the other weapon upgrades at least give them like 10 more HP. Reusable weapons or not, I paid almost 200 minerals for those suckers, they should at least live long enough to get a bit of value before getting annihilated.

There is also the Pride of Augustgrad attack damage bug.

1 Like

But of coursee, in that case my friend, let them spam In a group of 3 like Zagara’s zerglings. No not even 3, but 4, because they don’t have the zagara’s zergling movement speed.

They have their own benefits over the Zerglings, so no.

1. They can transform between Trooper and Laborer in the field.
  2. They can build certain things in the field to help them.
  3. They can transform into different forms, depending upon what you need.
  4. They train in 8 seconds.
  5. Their cost is only 40 minerals, until you upgrade them.

Zagara’s Zerglings are mostly there to turn into Banelings, or be follow-up units. Burst and then die. Mengsk’s Troopers are generally there to be meat shields.

Exacly. At least Zagara’s banelings are doing ALOT OF DAMAGE when they die, while mengsk’s troopers are just dieing … Mengsk upgrade costs you 160 minerals, while the baneling costs you allmost nothing… Zero equality.

“Almost nothing”
You forget all the resources you dump into making the unit (37 minerals, 14 gas), all the research gone into upgrading it (400/400 for all Baneling research), and the attack upgrades (450/450).
Trooper upgrades into Assault/Flamer/Rocket are entirely optional (but highly recommended), have only one specific upgrade to their names (150/150 drop pods), and then their attack/armor upgrades.
Troopers are fine where they are. The only changes I’d make is giving a little extra health to the Assault and Rocket Troopers. But only by 10 or 15, nothing substantial.

True, 15-20 HP bonus will be just fine.