Masteries during prestige

It would make the prestige grind a lot less of a grind if we could still use the power we originally gained from hitting max while leveling from 1-15 all over again.

6 Likes

But then Blizzard wouldn’t be able to cash in on people buying the battle chest for the XP stim pack to mitigate the obnoxious grind to level 15 three times on one character. Don’t be silly!

I think they should have started you out at level 10 when you activate prestige. Some commanders can’t even make use of them until a certain level, which is just so unintuitive.

2 Likes

It would be less of a grind if they simply balanced the prestige. In time, I’m sure there will be a lot of focus on fix, buffing, nerfing, even re-designing different prestige.

1 Like

That defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

You’re SUPPOSED to have to go back and play the same missions you’ve been stomping on without the masteries you’ve become used to. Brutal with Masteries is so easy you can do it in your sleep. But Brutal at level 1-5 without masteries? Now that’s more like it!

Prestige options are completely optional. No one is forcing you to grind for them, and indeed in my opinion only a couple are even worth the effort at all.

But doing it with Masteries just eliminates whatever fun there is in the grind and just makes it more monotonous.

2 Likes

Except some of us want to unlock these prestiges for brutal+ replayability and want to make all of them available for that purpose. So yes, it’s a huge, unnecessary grind. And I’m sure many people want to have them all for every commander they paid money to unlock, so saying it’s “optional” is a bit silly.

Some of them don’t even really shine until you can apply masteries anyway, let alone actually being at the level where the commander is affected by them. So you’re not really getting much of a tutorial on the prestige until then in some cases. Really hope they rethink this and it’s not just a cash grab attempt to get a surge in people buying stimpacks.

3 Likes

The patch isn’t even a week old. People who bought commanders bought them without knowing their prestiges. Now this update comes in and gives NEW CONTENT that they did not pay for. You can’t just retroactively say “oh well I bought this commander a month ago with the intention that I’d have access to all the prestiges immediately when 5.0 hits the servers”

There is no false advertising here, nor is there any obligation (apart from personal motivation) to get these new prestiges. just work for new content

If activision really wanted to squeeze money out of this, they’d make it so you had to pay money to unlock each prestige.

You completely misunderstood the sentence you cherry-picked. My point was that, yes, it’s “optional.” Playing the game is “optional.” Uninstalling SC2 is “optional.” Literally nothing about playing a video game is mandatory, so it’s an empty thing to say.

But if people paid to unlock a commander, they’re going to want to unlock prestiges. Why wouldn’t they? Like you said, it’s NEW CONTEEENT. So the 1-15 grind 3 times on each one is just an unnecessary time sink, especially for the reasons above. I get that some people like releveling. I do too, but only to a degree. I’d rather they found a balance of some kind.

And no, that’s not how predatory monetization works more often than not. Making XP boosters in cash shops while introducing something that is designed to require a huge investment of time to achieve said XP without them is one of the most prevalent forms, sweet summer child.

5 Likes

What a moot point.

Prestige is the way it is, period.

Don’t like it? I guess too bad? Sorry you are among the group that don’t like it, I really am. Wish you can see the silver lining like other people but apparently you don’t.

Don’t like that “saying too bad is silly?”? Too bad lol.

You either can learn to enjoy something or you can’t. And the people who can’t enjoy it will never be satisfied, so catering to them is a literal waste of time.

There are a number of people on here who don’t like this, and I get it. But if you really took a look, even among these people their ideas of what’s fair isn’t aligned. So the simple premise holds, who even among these naysayers should they cater to? No one, again it’s a moot point.

You literally just posted “it would be less of a grind if they simply balanced the prestige. In time, I’m sure there will be a lot of focus on fix, buffing, nerfing, even re-designing different prestige.” And now you’re flipping that on its head by saying “too bad lol.” Make up your mind.

Because obviously all of these fixes and redesigns happen in a vacuum at Blizzard and nobody should bother making complaints on the forums and alternate suggestions.

3 Likes

Not at all. If people like you don’t give it time, how in the world are devs going to change it?

Nothing wrong with wanting to access all prestige to enjoy your brutal+. It just won’t happen right away. So catering to these complaints is really pointless. That’s all.

Complaining without solution is just complaining.

Yeah, it’s so unfashionable to voice complaints when things release. Very gauche. It’s better to wait a few months after going through the grinding process. Then those complaints will have weight. That’s quite the Forum Etiquette Rulebook you have there.

Again, how exactly do you think devs arrive at the point of making changes? In their perfect, infinite wisdom, because game companies can do no wrong and solve every problem internally? At what point is it acceptable to make a complaint? Are you the arbiter of when that is? Send everyone a formal memo regarding the date and time upon which they can begin complaining about a feature they don’t agree with, please.

3 Likes

There is no way to have rational talk with people who use a well-poisoning logic like “Don’t do it if you don’t like it.” Time wasting.

4 Likes

Well said, my default icon comrade.

1 Like

Lmao, you two are just perfect for each other.

Take a look around at the topics people are actually posting and providing feedbacks.

If you really wanted to improve prestige, then play it then give feedback. (See Econ bug for Tychus, Zagara deep tunnel issue, Nova not reviving, Dehaka psionic consuming lag, etc). You two don’t really care about improvement and it’s obvious.

Plus, there are other programs to fast track you to full prestige, so just use that, problem solved (your weeks of grind turned to a day). You can enjoy the ones you like and use it for Brutal+. Keep saying the system sucks really helps, :+1:, cpt obvious 1 and 2 lol.

Don’t argue. It will drive you to strong drink with their stubbornness. They have decided that their opinion is right, and no force on earth or in the Blizzard forums will change their mind. The worst part, is that sometimes they even make a good point in their arguement.

Makes me really wish the dislike feature was here from the old forums.

2 Likes

It is so nice that you could be talking about almost anyone on here.

That’s pretty much the internet in a nutshell right there. At least our corner of the SC2 forums is a bit more civilized than certain parts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah… I could have specified, but I felt that it would be bad to single anyone out. Maybe I should just delete the post.

Because prestige is not needed for play? People reached A1000 and beaten all mutations without prestige, prestige doesn’t change your ability to win games. Plus some prestiges are not appealing, I myself like only a few and see no point unlocking everything although I bought all commanders.

Than consider the name of new system - Prestige. If you get it for nothing it is not very prestigious, is it? Prestige implies an achievement, some skill. If leveling 1-15 is too hard for you - you are not ready for Prestige. Continue rock slapping till you are ready.

2 Likes

If u don’t like doing something in game then don’t do it or take a break from it.

If a certain prestige interest u then grind it and enjoy it once U level it. If u go straight back to grind after u level a prestige, u will hate it.

U have to pace urself.

1 Like