Maru v Parting PvT

He grouped probes lol. I wonder why pros not using micro trick. You stop workers and than spamming idle worker key and right clicking probes to every direction. It used to work in combination with rapid fire, so you could have perfect splits in an instant!!! But with apm of pros, even doing that manually is good, or split them classically.

Honestly i think that is because: you have small window of time to react and sometimes people just panic, or don’t bother to split. That’s why people cheese like this in TvP. You need to do something crazy, or off meta to have chance and hope you can kill some workers, perhaps your opponent makes mistake…

That was very close game and that was after protoss was a lot of behind, than he usually would. Look at that raven, 3 phoenix can take out raven, even if you have bunker and marines, or mine… Even if they lose 1-2 phoenix in process, it is still worth it. That’s why i think colossus 5 phoenix is very strong, neeb beaten with collosus phoenix into carrier Innovation at DH. Because if you go colossus phoenix, nothing can touch you, terran have to play just from behind! And you can pick up always some scvs and put Terran more behind, Terran can’t even produce constantly from his production facilities, coz how bad terran economy is!!!

You know, buildings can be destroyed, not every lategame is 20 OC and mule spamming,If I remember well, he had just three OC, and now imagine a chargelot archon stalker army running around the middle of the map trying to protect the bases and catch the terran.

1 Like

Just imagine what terrans can do if economy was on par. They would complain. how can terran have 1000k minerals like me. thats not fair. I want my econom lead or im leaving.

?
If a Race A is more cost efficient than race B, I think Race A mining at a deficit compared to Race B is fine.

It’s very weird to have asymmetric balance in most parts of the game and then arbitrarily ask for equality in others that you think you lack.
Are you ok with Hatcheries providing only 6 supplies, for example? If you are, it is probably because they are able to make up that supply deficit elsewhere, or that they are stronger in other areas, both of which are completely legitimate reasons. I don’t quite understand the fixation on Protoss being able to take an earlier 3rd, when statistically at IEM 2020 toss and terran econ were roughly the same before the 10 minute mark, and Protoss has higher mining and army value afterwards. However, it should also be noted that Terran army had on average higher efficiency than the Protoss (all 3 can be found in the link below). So while there are definitely timing in which Terran or Protoss are favored, it is a lot muddier than you think.
https:/ /www.maguro.one/2020/03/iem-in-numbers.html

Another one for HSC
https:/ /www.maguro.one/2020/04/hsc-in-numbers.html

if you have other/more recent data, feel free to post. I’m always happy to discuss data and how to properly interpret them.

4 Likes

Yet the start off with a overlord that also gives supply. I dont want to go into the great debate on this. I understand why someone that doesnt play terran would not want to see an economy lead. I get it. advantages.

Yes, overlord gives 8 supply, does subsequent hatchery also give free overlords?

I’ve already told you that

1. at least in PvT, for the first 10 minutes, econ is relatively even, in the 2 events that i linked. If you want to refute that’s fine, post data.
  2. again, with the 2 links i posted, Terran have a more cost-effective army. Why are you so insistent on having a “fair” economy when unit effectiveness already isn’t “fair” to begin with?

If you’re going to keep having this victim complex, then it’s going to be impossible to have a reasonable discussion anyway. It’s a pity, but really not that big of a deal in a forum full of whiners. I thought you actually wanted to get better.

4 Likes

If you say so. I want things to be even across the board. not well since this cost more than that then its ok that this race has more resoures.

unacceptable.

That just another issue that I have a problem with. It just that there are more severe issues with the game the take precedent. So I dont mention this often.

If I had it my way each race would have the ability to collect the same amount of resources early on and if they wanted more they have to sacrifice something.

And I do not have victim complex i call bs when I see and / or notice it. I am not the type that put up wiht being walked over. Again once the new systems come out I am sure I will play this less and less. just like I did before i got rid of my ps4

Why? Because I do not put up will bull.

but I digress.

so when is zerg getting a unit that can drain energy from the opponents casters?

3 Likes

Any one with some knowledge of SC2 would know that liberators are nothing more than an empty xmas stocking – an imaginary hope for something beneficial.

If you go libs vs toss, you be dead.

This is not a balance issue per se. This is more of a user issue. It is unwise to engage liberators defensively. It’s a harass unit not designed to turn the tide. The name is a misnomer.

Something like that would be nice, T has EMP, P has feedback…Z has…units. Fighting against HT as z can be tricky, not many options to fight them except trying to bait storms, something that leads to losing some units.

parting was super bm that game.

Classic case of better protoss player beating a lesser terran. Does the soul good to see it. I watched that a few days ago and wondered when someone was going to complain about it. Parting was styling on maru that whole game. Using a strategy you dont see very often, while maru just does typical boring terran strategies and then gets screwed by having a crappy end game army. Outplayed and outclassed by parting

I am sure I was talking about resources. Since you want to take things out of context and and talk about abilities when is terran getting fungal and parasidic bomb.

Sounds very boring. In that case all units and buildings will need to cost the same amount as well.

You are also not the type to admit when you’re wrong, or concede anyone of your perceived imbalances, or one to provide any data or facts to support your feelings.

1 Like

No units and buildings do not need to cost the same. however, everyone having and equal resources would be cool. Perhaps it would be boring for some. I guess the excitement is watching terran over come the odds in pvt. Everyone likes an under dog story.

If I am wrong about something I am not afraid to admit it. However, everything that I have voice opinions about have have not been proven wrong. Not saying that they are 100% correct either.

just about everything someone post is an opinion any way. Right? they are just like… everyone has one

The best player is relative.

The best/easy race is zerg. This is a factual statement.

Are you trolling?

How does it make sense to ask for income to be the same when everything else is completely different?

Id be fine with terran getting an eco boost.

But lets also increase their unit cost like 50%.

You know, because it doesn’t really matter if race x has y resources when they can build a unit that kills b unit while b unit is more expensive.

2 Likes

some of this is tongue in cheek… :slight_smile:

with that being said. yes X units are more expensive than why units. however,
X units beat Y units … i understand that I am looking at this in a bubble. However, the first 5 mins of every game is X favored until Y gets a certain tech and push at a specific timing.s

Usually this match up is won in the first 5 mins when x has the advantage. if they dont win then y wins if they didnt take alof of damage with their timing. and if that fails. the longer the game goes on the more titled that it goes towards X

With that being said I dont mine eco being the same or Y getting a little bit of a boost to make up for being behind in the 1st 5 mins. maybe they dont have to be.

As far as the timings go… I am sure they can be nerfed by increasing a certain tech research time. They tried it one way it did not work. so lets try it antoher way… why not.

He wasn’t short on OCs by any means, at least until he couldn’t secure bases any more. DT runbys are really strong late-game, especially with blink - each one does 60 damage a hit, so they can take out buildings really quickly and can get in and out easily. Maru simply got to a point where he just couldn’t defend his expansions and be where the attacks were, whilst also trying to prevent parting from expanding too.

In saying that, I kinda expect parting to win with how far ahead he got from his cheese. If parting’s cheese does some sort of damage, he’s generally capable of holding onto a lead and turning that into a win. If he isn’t though, he generally seems to look like a clown. I do wonder how much that has to do with being on stage and how much that has to do with being in the comfort of his own home. He’s obviously a good player, but he has massive fluctuations.

The game was still a good one to watch though. I wish we saw more late-game TvPs.

He actually had about 7 or 8 if you include the main base, natural and third/fourth, though he didn’t use them for mules, rather he used them for scans and keeping an eye on the opposing army if memory serves.

Just to add to this, Wardii did show the tab a few times that demonstrated how cost effective Maru was actually being, often several thousand resources more cost effective than Parting. However Parting was simply so far ahead after his initial cheese and was able to maintain that lead, that this cost effectiveness ultimately didn’t matter.

Sir, you and I watched some very different games. “Crappy end-game army” involves vikings/liberators, ghosts, and MMM? That’s the quintessential endgame army for a bio focused playstyle. And before you say “go into BCs” Maru couldn’t really afford to do so.

Parting simply did one of his many cheesy plays. As I said before - if he cheeses and does damage he can usually hold his lead and keep his opponent on the back end. If the cheese fails (and make no mistake, it did a lot of damage even though it didn’t kill Maru), or his opponent is able to be aggressive before parting is (as with TY’s games vs him in the GSL) then Parting usually struggles to win.

This wasn’t a case of the better player winning, and Parting definitely wasn’t styling on Maru by any means. Despite the victory, Maru made Parting work hard and sweat for it. It was a game that could have gone either way. Parting was just able to hold his lead despite how much more cost efficient Maru was being.