Map Overhaul PLEASE

This is not talked about a lot. I know a lot of people like to turn a blind eye to team games. There are so many god-awful issues with team games right now. But please, PLEASE!!

Can we start by getting proper team maps for all modes by March? Right now we have some of the worst maps in existence for team games right now. I think half of the maps per mode are torture to play on right now.

Someone out there has to be bright enough to make decent team maps across the board. Please, someone out there, save team games…

What makes a good team game map? What maps that aren’t in the map pool would you like to see in it? What makes them NOT torturous? How is anyone supposed to help if your argument is “the maps are BAD! Fix them because they’re bad and you need to fix the problem because it’s a bad problem”

I don’t play many team games but I’ve never found the maps to be the reason I dislike them.

2 Likes

Then enlighten us OP, how would a good team map be like?

I don’t see much problems with current maps, except a few maps with wide ramps to main and natural

Sure. Playin Zerg is pain in @$$ for me and for mates. First of all this stupid creep mechanic from 1v1, cuz zerg is most vulnerable early game from air harass. For Queens takes ages go through our base without creep and no! 1spore doesnt helps! 3v3 maps except 2 maps really favores Protoss air :confused: Phoenix opening is OP

Everyone 4k mmr+ in team games knows exactly which maps are bad, and I’m sure some map makers are aware too, except for the ones that made the maps and Blizzard. I’ll point out each bad map, the ones I don’t mention are decent/good/balanced enough. Descriptions are short but I’ll try to hit all the key points. Mapmakers, please, take notes.

DUSTY GORGE - It’s about time this map gets removed from the pool. It’s either extremely terran favored or extremely protoss favored. Small chokepoints everywhere, massive air spaces for drops and phoenix navigation, and worst of all, cannon rush abuse. You have 100% chance at succeeding with cannon rush on here unless they randomly pull 3 workers to chase your “scouting” worker.

Divergence - GOD AWFUL MAP. You’re forced to rush. If you macro, you die to rush. The strongest rush wins or creates a lead large enough to macro ahead and defend.

OVERGROWN FACILITY - MASSIVE AIR SPACE. It’s extremely easy to abuse this. Defending your teammate is too difficult. The team that abuses air space the most wins in macro.

JUNGLE DEPTHS - WORST BASE PLACEMENT EVER. EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION IS SO FAR AWAY. Pure torture to play on this map. Veto without question.

I could go on but there’s no point. All I can do is hope the next season’s maps are better or I’m done