Making poltergeist units (ground plane with no colision)

Hey there, I have seen this question elsewhere, but have yet to find a solution that works with the modern editor.

question:
Is this possible to have a ground unit exhibit ‘air-like’ pathing behaviors? My goal is to have ‘poltergeist’ units that are invisible(solved) are on the ground plane, and do not collide with any ground or structural units.

I would appreciate any help on the matter, as it currently (likely erroneously) seems like there’s no real solution. One potential solution may lay in the ghost’s ability to cloak possessing unique behaviors, but I haven’t had any luck configuring it properly if that’s the case. As things stand, this issue is preventing my map from being released, so any help would be very appreciated.

If there is no response i’ll just change the game design to not rely on this, but it sucks that something extremely simple in war3 map editor (remove collision from unit via trigger) is seemingly impossible.

Triggers aren’t where you should be looking. Make a Buff behavior, and under Modification go to Behavior - State Flags, and turn on the Supress Collision flag. That lets you walk through other units without any problems; be advised that this can easily become game-breaking with numbers, because your Poltergeists will stack on each other for ludicrous concentration of fire or melee attacks.

Walking through buildings is a harder challenge, because those use footprints, not just collision. Footprints basically stamp the ground with a new pathing mesh while the building is present (or with a Persistent footprint, permanently, but that is something you probably only need for a bridge). If Suppress Collision doesn’t do the trick for walking through buildings, you’re going to need a different solution. You might be able to do something by changing the unit’s Mover, though; copy the basic Ground mover, and put the different pathing modes to the test. I haven’t tried it myself, but at a glance I think any of Builder, Digger, or Float might accomplish what you’re looking for.