Make Wheel of Misfortune an actual game mode

I know it will probably not happen cuz the game is dead basically to the devs, but nonetheless I find wheel of misfortune very fun to play over and over (more fun than Brutal+) and wish it was a permanent thing.

4 Likes

And here I was just discussing how it’s strange people don’t like the WHEEL lol. You are living proof that I am absolutely wrong.

2 Likes

I support this action !
Wheel is annoying at time, yes, but that what make it fun and much more enjoyable then Brutal +
You basically have to prepare for anything Amon throw at you, this time with malicious intent.
I once have polarity + poop + avenger combo at the final minute of the game, we just out right lost at that point.

Someone on redit had darkness, speed freak and propagators. At that point you just facepalm don’t you? I think I would.

I understand that some people have masochistic preferences - and that’s fine. You can like whatever you want.

But i would bet, most SC players would not like suddenly loosing in the last minute without any fault on their part.

I know i would not like that - not at all. In fact i would say these are the worst kinds of losses.

Wouldnt mind if they made it impossible for just a few certain things to get ever paired together like speed freak props for example, but other than that I love how the wheel always makes the match interesting and every match feels different.

I agree for this particular hypothetical mode of mutation. After all, one can always wait it out. If done correctly (ie. with even a warning period of incoming mutator), it would give the player(s) plenty of time to react appropriately with every commander/combo.

Putting things like this:

Entirely able to be avoided or mitigated. After all, it’s not a 3 mutator into 3 new mutator switch.

Exactly why are you playing again? Doesn’t sound like much fun to me, or even like a reliable strategy… what if you get 2 or 3 bad ones in a row?

Maybe true. But if it is not for 99% of players, then i would say, your statement is pretty irrelevant to almost everyone.

You could say that sentence just the same for every ebola victim in history… their death could have been avoided. Obviously not everyone dies… let ebola alone. Ebola is fine. Learn to wash your hands - noobs.

Sounds silly? Yeah, i would say it does.

whoa comparing Wheel of Misfortune to Ebola what’s going on here lol

What exactly is wrong with you?

All I meant was that some COs are clearly poorly matched in the WHEEL. So what’s so wrong with waiting out a mutator or two? Especially if it’s better than strong heading it?

What’s silly is your unfounded bias.

If a Stukov ally going bunkers chose to wait out propagator or Transmutation, I’d thank him/her for being smart about it.

Just to clarify here Zhad, me quoting you was to portray when people pay attention they can avoid that kind of loss that you’ve highlighted. It was nothing about your skill. Sensitive much?

I actually did that today, props appeared while I was using Stukov p3 and all I had to do was wait like 3 minutes to for it to go away, so I hid all my infested in the base and got a few diamondbacks in the meantime.

1 Like

If you can’t handle the response, don’t talk.

What exactly does “entirely avoidable” mean with regards to props-polarity-avenger? What is the difference to just “avoidable”? Like every commander combination can do so? Or even every player? Myself included?

There are over 30 mutators… so the chances of rolling exactly those 3 are 1 in >27000. So you probably never played that combination. Right?

Every other response from you is “learn to play” or some variation.

To simply answer your question: my problem is your response.

Wheel of Fortune is one of the hardest mutators in the game and some people like myself are infact masochist for co-op and like to be pushed into seemingly impossible situations. After like 5k hours of Starcraft I’m a firm believer that you can overcome almost any impossible situation though. Props+Polarity for example, that kinda of mutator has actually popped up a few times over the years and its far from actually being impossible as you may think of it and can certainly be done with any commander. Wheel of Fortune isnt everyone’s cup of tea for sure, but there are definitely at least some people that enjoy it.

1 Like

It means the WHEEL rotates mutators, so if your commander isn’t equipped to properly handle a certain combo, such as the one presented then wait a few minutes. It’s not that complicated. This has nothing to do with YOUR skill or MINE. It’s a general common sense.

Put your fragile ego aside. Like I said, nothing was aimed at you, you are being overly sensitive atm. And honestly, you continue to do so makes it even worse.

1 Like

I like wheel of misfortune more than the random Brutal+
Sure, sometimes you lose because of a really bad combination (like propogators + polarity), but other than that, even difficult mutators like Void rifts aren’t that bad when they last only 90 seconds.
The hardest part is basically just being aware of what mutators are currently active.

Yeah, you kinda need to also remember all the “tough” mutators you had coz a Void Reanimator can bring some of them back.

Sorry, somehow i have the tendency to see everything negative recently.

1 Like

No worries. Just a misunderstanding. The quote of honestly intended to portray your good point, nothing more.

1 Like

Propogaters + Polarity is a crime against humanity. I remember the one Weekly Mutation that had it. Still cannot believe I beat that brutation. That was probably the most pain and suffering I have ever gone through in Starcraft.

It took me so many tries to beat that, but the time I finally won was probably my most memorable SC2 co op game.

1 Like

i mean that’s why I actually prefer mutators that are extreamly hard, they’re the only ones you remember and the gratification and relief you get makes it all the more worth it when you finally win. My most memorable victory was probably JustDie+Polarity on trains, I hope they do that one again someday.