Make mutas great again

He was factually the best player from HotS - he had the highest recorded ELO from that time period. Do you know what happened to him in LotV?

He quit. What’s more to know

1 Like

He eventually retired. WHY? What could possibly make the most talented player in HotS quit? He went from being the best player in HotS to being a no-name because blizzard deleted an entire meta from the game. What was that meta?

When you start saying that the reason Mutas aren’t used is because zerg players suck, REMEMBER that the ABSOLUTE BEST PLAYER FROM HOTS retired because HE COULD NO LONGER MAKE MUTAS WORK.

2 Likes

He quit. He couldn’t adapt to a changing environment in a strategy game. He quit, and left the scene. I dont care about people who quit. The people playing are what we look at.

1 Like

It is factually false to say that the reason mutas don’t get used is because zerg players are bad. Byul was the best player from HotS and not even he could make them work. He would rather retire than learn the new meta and that’s how bad the new meta has been since legacy began. The big overarching problem is that Zerg does not have a way to attack and previously that role was filled primarily by the muta. They have made some token adjustments that are supposed to help in that regard, like the nydus and the ultralisk speed buff and thor nerfs, but zerg players still can’t attack. They hugely underestimate just how big of a role the old mutalisk played for zerg and none of the new units come even remotely close to filling its shoes. They just need to bring back the muta as a staple mechanic in the current meta.

Well if people dont like it then quit. I’d say Zerg got a pretty good amount of options. They are already nearly winning everything this year.

1 Like

Just 10 minutes ago you are saying that the reason mutalisks aren’t used is because the players are bad, now you’re saying Byul quit because he didn’t adapt? That’s called a contradiction. Why does he even need to adapt? Oh, right, because mutas suck and he needs to adapt aka stop using them.

2 Likes

Bad and not adapting = same thing. Byul didnt adapt so he was bad. Plain and simple. Instead of adapting he quit. He cited that since he couldnt qualify for GSL aka he realized he was bad, he quit. Easy, nothing more to discuss that’s all she wrote. No shame in it, he was done.

2 Likes

He was the absolute best player in Heart of the Swarm and his favorite playstyle was mutas. If there was a way to make them work he would have found them. Asking him to adapt is synonymous with saying he needed to abandon mutas altogether which is synonymous with saying that mutas are trash.

ignore him. He doesn’t want to have a serious discussion judging based on his assumptions about byul.

1 Like

Just because one person couldnt make it work doesnt mean another cant. That’s very narrow thinking to believe otherwise. Look how long Terrans could have been proxying but didnt until Maru popularized it, look at how broken reapers were and no one knew it until Byun won a gsl off reapers. Another player will rise.

1 Like

ONE player? THE BEST PLAYER from HotS who was specifically successful from his MUTALISK PLAY.

1 Like

I don’t base my argument off of solely this - this is simply a hard counter to your claim that the reason mutas aren’t used is because players are bad. The reason mutas aren’t used is because the game design has changed and they are no longer a good unit.

1 Like

Everyone has up and down periods. The best doesnt always stay the best. Hots is different from LOTV and not everyone adapted, he couldnt so he quit.

Be that as it may, this example proves that it is virtually impossible to make mutas work. Zerg players have found success mainly from ravager ling bane and hydra ling bane. Mutas are bad.

1 Like

It just proves that nobody has figured it out yet and they will.

That’s clown logic. It’s been 4 years and it’s safe to say with 99.99999999999999999999999999% confidence that they don’t work.

1 Like

I disagree. Mutas are fine. Even in your famous game you love showing us over and over again and how broke immortals are, guess what? You had a muta cloud wrecking his main doing exactly what a muta should do. They are fine.

1 Like

Sweetheart, the mutas didn’t win that game. I made mutas because I was lightyears ahead and I still almost lost the game as a result. That game is evidence of how bad mutas are. Even when lightyears ahead the muta tech is so expensive that the protoss can roll over your ground army with ease with a 1a. Even slightly better micro and he would’ve won that game.

You weren’t even attacking his units with your mutas sweetie. They are a harass unit which is exactly what you were doing before got hit with the mighty allin. Had your mutas been there you would have rolled over his prism + immortals but they weren’t. Your “bad” units were ravaging his mineral lines and winning you the game.

1 Like