[Main Thread] Version Mismatch, Region XX-07, Battle.net is Down for Maintenance - Can't Play or Login after Patch 5.0.0

what did you re-downloaded. Did you uninstalled the game and then downloaded back?

I deleted the SC game from the pc, and reinstalled everything through the blizzard client. Everything worked fine in game now.

Exact same issue. In Canada, set to Americas region. Strangely, my buddy that I play Co-op with (and lives in a nearby town) had no troubles.

Dude, I have the same issue. Can’t log in and noticed region says XX-07 with no other selections. Have you been able to play yet? I need my fix and want to try the new stuff!!!

Tried several times to log in but nothing yet. Blizzard has not yet responded with something workable

Same issue here, near montreal, canada. My coop partner near Ottawa had no issue.
I uninstalled Blizzard and SC2 and install both apps and it worked fine, after.
(At 1st, I tried to remove cache folder, etc, without success.)

Things I have tried:

• Restarted Battle.net
  • Checked for Updates (I’m up to date)
  • Run Scan and Repair (no issues found)
  • Switched to the Beta version of Battle.net (no help, so I switched back to the regular version)

Hopefully this info helps…

Just tried a ‘Scan and Repair’ with no luck. Guess I have to do a full uninstall! I’ll let you know when I’m done and if it worked!

Uninstall then install it back again fixes it!

Just reinstalled SC2 and its working now. So to everyone who is having issues, reinstalling SC2 does the trick!

Confirmed, worked for me too.

Is reinstalling the only way?

I really didn’t want to reinstall, so i was trying stuff and after a while i looked into the installed game folder and deleted “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” seems to have done the trick. Seems to me that the update placed that public test realm version on same folder as regular version and somehow runs that one instead of standard one.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this helps anyone else, but above the ‘Play’ button, I switched from ‘Starcraft II’ to ‘Public Test Realm’ and then back straight away. That seemed to trigger the update.

1 Like

I can confirm that worked for me as well. You don’t have to reinstall the whole game! Thanks!

same here whats going on! i tried scan & repair didnt work! whats going on!

I reinstalled my game. Now it is working.

Thx worked for me too.

I have had the same problem. Although I play at work, and need to back off. I’m an addict.
What is a good alternative to SC2. I like the fast paced strateg.

Just for the topic count: Same problem here NL (Europe).