[Main Thread] Version Mismatch, Region XX-07, Battle.net is Down for Maintenance - Can't Play or Login after Patch 5.0.0

Ok went into the SC2 Main folder and there was a Public Test Realm, even though I never downloaded or used it. Deleted the PTR . Same result. Region XX-07 comes up with no password. Entered password. Error message - Battle.net is down for maintenance. Try again later.

Thanks Leviathan. I deleted the Starcraft PTR executable file out and it works. I am now able to login to the Americas region. For some reason after the update it created two executable file.

I have been un-installing and re-installing from my game disk…which is very old…I tried installing SCII from Battlenet and it worked the first time…Try that guys…
I am back online with all my friends…good luck

i tried 5 days!!! same issu xx-07

Thanks Levithan! customer support wasn’t that helpful on this one.
i never d/l the ptc

I don’t understand why I am not able to connect to Online.

I’ve looked around and saw the posts about deleting the “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” files, but it still tells me that Battle.net is down and is under maintenance. When I check my folders, the “StarCraft II Public Test” file appears again. It seems to show up whenever I try to launch the game.

On the log in screen, the bottom left corner says “PTR” after the Version number.

Same thing worked for me. “StarCraft II Public Test.exe” was in same directory as “Starcraft II.exe”. Deleting the public test executable fixed the problem

I was in BETA mode at the time that I deleted “StarCraft II Public Test.exe”. Then exited BETA mode and it still works. No public test file automatically created.

1 Like

I also had this issue. This fix appears to have worked. Also confirmed that my friend, whose game is working, did not have the file before I deleted mine.

THANKS!!! Now I can return to play

This was the solution for me! Thank you, VanillaWafer for explaining the solution simply enough for me to follow the instructions. Thank you for being faster and more efficient than Blizzard! HA HA!

i just deleted the starcraft ll public test.exe file and the problem went away, now able to log-into game

Bnet is offline just wait

This worked on my end as well. Thanks!

Same with me only option is XX-07 but still won’t launch.

Dear Drakuloth, i try to find the solution in here, where everyone try to delete, or go off-/on-line to get in game, but none of that work for me. And i dont have any of Test .exe file, or PTR in my SC2 install folder. Can you please write me, how can i be able to play this nice game again.
Thank you for your time as well.

I have the same issue with the “XX-07” region, and tried all those steps, nothing worked. I completely removed and reinstalled the game twice, no success I still get the same “XX-07” region error, and shows that the battlenet server is down for maintenance… ???

After a few years I deleted game, I have tried to started. I thought I couldn’t buy some co-op commanders. I can complete whole story again. Also, I insist to start this game to my friend. It worked years without problem. But as a 10 years gift, you broke the game which is working fine.

Having this issue too. Seems a little weird that an update is causing so many problems. Does deleting the recommended file have any impact in the long run?

its been 17 days, i still cant play, resintalled, beta, and removed folders, nothing is working…