Mac OS Catalina Issues

I can’t run Starcraft II on my Mac, since the Catalina version of Mac OS update.

Any news on an update for the app?

Hey there hlomeli,

Do you receive any sort of error when trying to run the game? Or is the error with the app itself? If possible, please reply with a screenshot of the error. This can be done by uploading the screenshot to imgur or other similar service, then linking it to us. Example: imgur*com/abc123

Is it helpful to send screenshots or logs? I feel like there were a number in the other page, and it seems like we are all having a similar issue. Is it not something that is happening to blizzard support people as well?

Hey again,

I have seen a number of users reporting a crash after updating to Catalina. So far those users have been able to resolve the problem by rolling back to a previous OS version. Though we cannot support doing that. For assistance switching to an older OS version please be sure to contact Apple directly.

I hope this info helps.

Sorry for the late reply.

-imgur.com/sEvR9vI

-imgur.com/qLXpPj1

Trying to post this it states I can’t post links (you can access the images by removing the “-” before the link.

This is what I see. When I open the run the game, the screen flickers in different colors and boxes.

When anything from “Finder” pops up, like a notification or a screenshot is trying to be taken, the problem fixes itself until that “Finder” process gets completed.

I rather not roll back to a previous OS, so I hope this issue gets addressed.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Thanks!

Hey there hlomeli,

It looks like in your case, the device is trying to launch the older 32 bit version of the app. I highly recommend reinstalling the app according to these instructions.

Let us know if this works for you.

I tried this, and was unable to fix the issue.

Removed everything, application, tools, and any processes running from battle.net and starcraft.