Luker is way OP

Literally nothing is good against mass Lurker when playing Toss/Terran. I was even mech one game, supposed to be good against lurk, and they shreded every unit fast. Need massive nerf. Game is way IMBA

4 Likes

have you tried, liberator ?

3 Likes

Legit, they shred everything, even thor n tanks.

2 Likes

I do think the lurker is OP. However, there are two things to know when playing them as protoss:

1. observers are generally inadequate for fighting lurkers. Zerg will snipe them and you’ll constantly be at a disadvantage. If you see lurkers, immediately build an oracle and keep it on a separate hotkey ready to use a revelation. If you don’t have a stargate, you need an immediate stargate just for chronoboosted oracles. You’ll find that your lurker battles go much better when you can actually consistently see them
  2. immortals beat lurkers pretty handedly in a vacuum. The problem is in a fight often there are hydras and lings and other things around. That being said, you can use your immortals to focus fire the visible lurkers, the fights should go better.

However I do agree they are OP.

3 Likes

How many low effort whine threads are you going to keep making?. Even by forum standards they are just low energy.

3 Likes

says mass lurker, suggest something, says another unit, well which unit is the problem bud? :stuck_out_tongue: is it the lurker or the viper.

oh no, that was right, third post in the thread is what i’m talking about.

i told you to try liberator, you said viper counters that, but you’re complaining about MASS LURKER, you didn’t say anything about viper…

I am building void rays in every PVZ that goes beyond early mid game and until zerg at my level gets smart and starts building infestors, they are very useful to include gunning down lurkers. I have actually won two long games against zerg recently which surprised me. I also agree with the previous poster than an oracle is worth the investment to deal with lurkers. Especially with observers and speed upgraded observers getting nerfed.

ok, so after sh, infestor, creep, ultras, broodlords, nydus, mutas and ravagers, the next unit to be claimed op will be the lurker. got it!

I heard somewhere that lurkers doesn’t shoot air…

But the viper+lurker is Op

The problem is you play mech to be carried by mass/thor amove, and when you got beaten by someone that outmicro you, you pretend it’s about balance.

Vipers are much more of an issue when in combination with lurkers. Blinding Cloud invalidates an entire siege tank army with minimal effort by the zerg part, which in turn can close the gap a bit more with lurkers. Lurkers alone should NOT be able to be a whole mech army, and they dont.

Lurkers are not OP. Just get Observer + Void Ray, Raven + Banshee, or Overseer + Mutalisk.

Well, it’s up to the terran not to siege all his tanks in one location where a blinding cloud can touched them. He is also allowed to make other units than tanks, like vikings or ghosts that rare very good against vipers.

Tanks a lose a lot of power when not sieged. Thors dont move very fast so it buys zerg a few seconds to also move their lurkers up

Playing mech and crying for lurkers this is ridiculous :rofl:

2 Likes

If the lurker is OP, I’m okay with it. Lurkers are fun to watch, especially in TvZ. Would you rather watch mass broodlord every late game?

I never said you should siege tank, i mean you must spread them when you siege them

The lurker seems very broken indeed. It does way too much damage, is cheap, and is cloaked. It’s like a DT but literally does splash damage.

The lurker combined with anti-air (e.g., hydras) is not balanced. If you don’t make the same comp in ZvZ you are dead. In PvZ you’ll need colossus and void rays - which are very expensive. In TvZ you’ll need libs and tanks (which actually is a decent answer to it).