Lost with 5 bases vs 2 base Terran

Replay: h ttps://drop.sc/replay/12556543

What can I say man… the guy made a really sophisticated army in marines and marauders, so why should I be able to break him? Then, he brought all of his scvs to attack, so despite him being down 30 supply, and down 5 bases, really, I guess I needed storm + colossi + disruptors + prayers from god to be answered.

I feel like Toss is only supposed to try to counter attack. But, when your recall is on cooldown and you know Toss isn’t allowed to come remotely close to winning fights, you still have to fear the guy just turns around and slaps you from both directions.

I could have gotten storm and at least gave him the honor of emping me. But, man… could you imagine losing any other matchup while being up these many bases and supply? Imagine if Zerg could just have 2 bases and just tornado through everything with just roaches, lings and some drones.

This race really deserves to have an unbeatable late game? Yeah, cause it’s just such a struggle for them during every other stage of the game that they need to be gifted invincibility and every unit they have, sans the scv, should HARD COUNTER carriers and tempests. Come on.

The Terrans at high GM are inflated by so much, it’s ridiculous.

At 11 minutes, you have : 90 Probes, 1 Colossus, 2 Archons, 3 Immortals, 2 Sentrys, 11 Zealots, 1 Stalkers.
So you have a god economy but you have literally 0 armys and 0 AOE damages.
And because your macro is trash (tipycal from an all iner players) you said terran is op ?
When he start push at the same timing he had 0 viking and 0 liberator. So if you had build some colossus and use forcefield it’s was free a click spam forcefield win.

idk if his 5.8k MMR was 5.8 worthy, not very good splits but the above, plus late ruptor and HT. Im not gonna be like GM posters to teach what a race I dont play should do but you are known to be ‘I invented this and that’ maybe see how this gets played on pro level cause you throw late stuff like late blink and shadow stride. what for, never seen blink upgraded so late.

What in the h are you blabbering about? There isn’t a single player in SC 2 that is less of an “all-in” player than me. I’ve never stopped expanding and making probes/workers in my life lol.

And bad macro? I keep my minerals lower than every other Toss GM I know on NA, and that’s while having a 100 worker economy. Meaning… I’m gathering far more minerals than them, yet still keeping my resources lower. Your post couldn’t be any more wrong if you tried. Impressive.

ZvT is a nightmare on the new patch since infestor broodlord got gutted, but there is no evidence of any problems with PvT. If anything protoss is slightly favored.

Protoss is strong vs Zerg in late game. P vs T is Z vs T – if Zerg couldn’t make vipers; broodlords did zero DPS; you weren’t allowed to make corruptors; queens didn’t exist, and hydras weren’t allowed to have DPS.

Basically, only hydras can shoot air. None of your units are allowed to do any DPS nor have more than 6 range. You’re not allowed any spell casters. You can’t mass spores. You can’t do anything but try to win via pure hydra, ling.

Can you win with only hydra, ling? If you can, that’s nice… but it probably means Terran needs to play better. I’m tired of this game being balanced around a race that has historically been bad at playing Terran, regardless of balance.

At least your carriers can’t disappear just cause some kid figured out how to rapid fire ghost steady shot.

Our “ultimate unit” (carrier) is hard countered by freaking marines. If that wasn’t sad enough, vikings hard counter every Toss air unit and ground now… Thors are designed to enable Ruff to go from high masters to winning GSL, within 1 season.

They’ve made Terran be fail proof/idiot proof. Terran is so freaking overpowered, that they don’t even need to scout, since no matter what they choose to do, it will invariably hard counter w/e Toss is doing.

Not even joking. It’s rare for Terran to even scout now, beyond maybe a reaper at start of game. They just walk across the map, figure out where your third is then and just win every game. They couldn’t care less what comp you’re making.

Oh yeah, almost forgot that liberators counter every air unit, too. Imagine sky toss losing every game to siege tanks. What a well designed game.

well at least I appreciate you put the replay, let me tell you something:
first off, when someone writes “gl hf” it’s polite to at least answer “u2”… it’s easy, just 2 letters
about the game, you made terrible engages, no micro at all, you never blinked once, he scanned, focu fired your templars, used ciclone to kill your key units, burrowed his widow mines. Then you had almost 0 army, and what did you do? you expanded… you know, this game is not only about economy, but army as well… when he attacked you in your territory, instead of making units, again, what did you do? you kept expanding… it’s easy to say “5 bases vs 2” as if this is enough to complain, i can make 8 bases if i don’t make army to defend, you know?

1 Like

Pretty sure I didn’t have blink. I mean, I was trying to avoid making stalkers in the first place, cause… you know… they’re pretty trash, even for a Toss unit.

I basically used the same opening/style that I used all of HotS, that I was able to dominate P vs T with, season after season. Now that LotV is here: “you have no idea how to play SC 2. You made a million mistakes.”

My opponent is always some perfect guy, who skillfully managed to be down in supply, upgrades, and economy, yet won the game via my mistake. It would be awesome if my opponent could lose games due to making mistakes – you know, something everyone does.

Number of games I won with 2 bases and down a lot of supply vs anyone with even 3 bases? Zero games in my entirety of playing LotV. Welcome to how games should be.

I understand my Terran opponent made marines and marauders. Pat on the back. Looked really hard.

I when you are used to PvT being incredibly easy, having a fair match can seem incredibly unfair.