Lost Viking Achievement

So, yesterday I finished all Nova Covert Ops campaign, did 100% achievements, did the normal, the mastery ones and also finished all the missions on Brutal.

Same with HotS, and LotV but my WoL is stuck on 97%

I tried Lost Viking, I watched videos, and also I’m using an xbx 360 controller which makes it a bit more bearable.

But my question is why can’t I save/load here? What’s so special about this side-story achiev? Why are we allowed to save load the whole game, trying super hard achievs, runs, and strategies but can’t save here?

It’s frustrating and I’d love to get this achiev but it would be easier if I could save like the whole other 97% game.

1 Like

Because arcade game.
Yeah no clue. If you really want it, you could use a macro to spam the fire key, since that makes you shoot faster.

1 Like

Yeah, it can get really annoying, especially when you die really close to the highest score achievement. After a little while, you’ll start to know when you’re going to be unable to dodge something. Condition yourself to hit the bombs the second you find yourself in that situation, and you can consider them extra lives. I find that depending on the situation, I actually prefer burning a bomb than taking a hit and losing a drone, since the loss of firepower means I’ll clear and kill slower and therefore rack up less points. The plasma missiles take a lot more dodging around. If you focus on side missiles for upgrades, you can spend most of your attention dodging, and let the side missiles and drones take things out giving you consistent, safe points.

Speaking as someone who abused saves during Brutal In Utter Darkness, I feel your pain.

1 Like

i remember spamming space button like crazy for 2 whole hours. If i can give you some tips , i would recommend using normal fire 2 front , 2 side during the waves and plasma for boss. You need to get 500k xp what means you dont have to kill thero something 3rd time but get there , since the whole mission give you like 170K xp.

When you are playing the mission for third time , terran part is very hard , i remember i had like 8 lives , 14 bombs and barely passed the level with 2 lives remaining. This achievement plus the one from LotV where you have to defend Kerrigan and not kill more than 15 enemies , i personally found worst in the whole campaign.

1 Like

Using bomb as a shield become ironically the biggest change in the TLV gameplay for me.

1 Like

Yah I did it a few weeks ago after trying since WoL came out. I just created a macro to fire the space bar 100 times, 5 times a second. While plasma is not as effective against small enemies, its too risky to try and time it to switch from guns to plasma, so just stick with plasma the whole time. Switching between weapons is a waste of 4 bombs.

Wish you could save, but you can’t because it’s an arcade game. But the bomb is a clutch life saver.

I forgot how to respond to individual comments, but yeah Kerrigan’s epilogue where she can only kill 15 was the most annoying and hardest EVER.

1 Like

Hi, to answer your question, because it is an arcade game. The setup that really works for me is the WASD keys for movement and spacebar for firing. I am using a mid-end keyboard (Asus Cerberus non-mech). Avoid to much movement on the 2nd stage and its loop. Make sure to almost kill everything on the first loop. It will take atleast 45-60 minutes for the entire 500,000 achievement. I hope this helps.

2 Likes