Lore Question About Aiur Protoss

Are there any Aiur Protoss (not Nerazim) that use Void Energy?

1 Like

At what point in time?

I mean I am certain that they use it after the End War.

Before that Adun definitely used Void energy, since he taught the OG Nerazim.

1 Like

I’m aware of both Adun and Tassadar using Void Energy. I’m referring to during or after the End War. Any specific characters? Books? Comics?

Besides Adun and Tassadar, the Tal’Darim also use Void energy. Their zealots and blood hunters (DTs) use bane blades (including Alarak) AND their stalkers use void energy inside particle beams.

I meant Aiur Protoss.

Oh, sorry.

I guess technically Artanis too because he used Zeratul’s Warp Blades until after the re-reclamation of Aiur. Other than that, not sure.

Does using a Warp Blade require using the Void?

There’s Tassadar and Adun, as well as the Avenger order (who have no real lore beyond their unit description in lotv) and the Aiur Tal’darim, which were a faction of khalai survivors left stranded on Aiur after everyone else escaped during Brood War, and ended up accidentally giving themselves the same name as the lotv era faction (in reality it’s kind of a retcon because the WoL taldarim were originally intended to be different to what they ended up being) they were fed a drug by Ulrezaj, the dark archon, that cut them off from the khala (even causing some physical changes in them to resemble the nerazim) and allowed them to access void energies, which he taught them to use in order to hunt zerg down for his experiments (and also do he could devour them to maintain himself rather than burning out).

Post-lotv there’s probably going to be more and more of them, but so far those are the only examples we have.

Not that we know of, they use the weilder’s will power to channel the void through the machinery, unlike Psi Blades that channel the user’s psionic energy. Nova got a Warp Blade in some builds of Starcraft: Ghost (which isn’t canon, but is kind of fun to think about)

1 Like

To add to Togetic’s response, if you count Artanis as a wielder of the void, you should also count Fenix too. Talendar recounted the time he used warp blades to kill some Nerazim terrorists.

Talendar: During the sacred celebration of Khas’mas, I was locked within a Conclave tower as it was overtaken by Dark Templar terrorists. After walking barefoot across shards of khaydarin crystal, I slew the terrorists and the warlord leading them with their own warp blades.

The reason why I ask is because I got into an argument with someone over whether or not there are any Aiur Protoss that use the Void.

Karax (in Coop) has Immortals that use Shadow Cannon; which uses the Void. He claimed they can’t use Shadow Cannon because they are Immortals (Aiur) and not Annihilators (Nerazim).

With that i think it’s just because coop isn’t canon, but there’s no reason you couldn’t have a Nerazim inside an immortal. The annihilators are a specific group of Nerazim that let themselves be maintained on the brink of death as an almost ritualistic thing to increase their connection with the void, and have specially crafted siege walkers that serve to help them in that.

A normally injured Nerazim could easily be placed into a Dragoon or Immortal (at least, after the start of the end war, when those things were able to be built again and weren’t controlled via the khala anymore).

There was one Khalai protoss in the old Twilight Archon comic who had her nerve cords severed and learned how to use the Void, but given that it was written for a unit that doesnt seem to exist in game or lore outside that example, and has since been actively contradicted by Shadow Wars, it may not be canon.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s right! I believe an Aiur templar named Lekila channeled void energy to reclaim the Kassia crystal to transport to Shakuras because the zerg were planning on taking it to use for themselves.

Which Book is that character from?

[StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 3 ~https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/StarCraft:_Frontline:_Volume_3)

Thank you. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more current examples (after the End War).

Excuse me while i prepare my arsenal of fightin’ words.

2 Likes

I mean, every longstay is kind of awaiting for this to erupt already.

You have stumbled upon one of the biggest mystery of this forum!