Looking back and playing WoL

And what is the alternative? Self-healing?

For mechs, yes. Which is
A) slow
B) redundant because of Science Vessels

Maybe zeratul can only read so much from each tendril before it becomes useless, which is why in the end he needs to head for the cortex itself before tantecalbeard interrupts him.

Then why didn’t we go straight to the cortex?

Because of those very dangerous Overlords.

1 Like

Because at the end of the day, Zeratul is a Protoss…

Maybe because he hoped he didn’t have to go all the way and would find what he seeks via the tendrils. Less risk involved for his forces.

Do you know the speed run method when you solo the mission with nothing but Zeratul in 2 minutes?

I wonder how he gets to the Cortex? Just fly the Void Seeker around I guess

That’s the odd thing though; we’ve never seen or read about Kerrigan being on Aiur. In the “Dark Templar” Saga, she notes that she’s seen the inside of the Xel’Naga tunnels there before, but who knows when or how.

Ethan did bring Zerg with him to Aiur, though they all seemed to be original strains. Even in the final assault, the Dominion brought in newer Terran units, but the Zerg units were all Zerglings, Hydralisks, Mutalisks, and Guardians as I recall.

I’ve mentioned this several times before back in the day, but it still pleases me greatly remembering back to the day I broke the Maar fight. I unintentionally had a zealot behind some foliage doodads, which Maar teleported to, and because Maar was too big, he couldn’t get around the doodad wall. Thus, he was stuck in the same exact spot the whole level.

2 Likes

Doesn’t he port back into his base whenever you break a preserver’s cell ?

Maybe he did, but that’s basically right when the mission is over if your army quickly frees all 3 preservers around the same time. I remember specifically that I left Maar stuck behind doodads the whole time while I just massed up a 200/200 army to clear the map. I may of just freed all the preservers at once without realizing that Maar warped back.

I will continue this.

3 Likes

When? 20202020202020

Eh, gotta focus on uni again.

Yesss. ‘‘War is coming, with all it’s gloreeehh…, and all it’s horror.’’

You can totally do it with marauder medic and literally never making a single marine, even without speed heal. You have to be a bit sharp, and you’ll need turrets for mutas, and you’ll need to keep those starting marines in reserve to kill the 1 void ray, but it 100% can be done.

Fun fact, the hp upgrade is the difference between Kerrigan’s storm one shotting tanks and not one shotting tanks. Which is why I prefer it to attack when thinking about the final mission.

Interesting, but too late to change. Besides there will be constant production of those and she needs to die really quickly.

If you dodge Storms, Marines actually shred her.

On the topic of Smash & Grab. Yes. But it’d be too much effort on that day.

Yeah, mostly because she has some kind of pseudo-hardened shields thing going on. Still haven’t figured the mechanic out exactly.

Fair enough. But yeah that map is really made for marauders; marines past 1 set of war pigs are only slowing you down.