Let's talk counter play for drilling claw drops

haa yes, let me waste the first 200 gas i get on 2 sentries so i can lose the game to a marine push. genius.

Right, berry sounds like the exact kind of person that would abuse every widow mine patch. It’s why I can’t watch players like him stream. It’s lucky, because that way you can avoid the chat too.

Which must be even worse. If, that’s, possible. Anyway I’ve learned all i needed to know about a terran streamer’s twitch chat because of Whinemarine. People always host him, I guess it’s part of passing on the bots for the next guy.

1 Like

Somebody finally realize how broken wm

2 Likes

Spider mines are true skill. Not nearly as easy to abuse.

1 Like

They atleast self delete after firing

1 Like

As someone who played both sides of the matchup at “high GM level,” I always thought vultures/spiders mines were perfectly designed. I didn’t think the unit was too good or too bad. It was just right…

As Toss, I was never losing to vulture harass. A mine wasn’t blowing up all my probes. I think the vulture is the most overrated unit. Like so many people are adamant that it’s the best unit in the game, when it’s really just a good supporting unit. It helps you preserve your tanks and delay expansions. It’s a fine unit, don’t get me wrong… but it’s really not a big deal to face or use…

I’ve raged over ultras, arbiters, carriers, and tons of other units, but never the vulture…

The best usage/imbalance of the vulture is actually in T vs Z. It’s merely the ability to make 1 vulture and kill an infinite amount of slow zerg lings. It’s the key to making the 1-1-1 science vessel build work and be as strong as it is.

Sorry for the tangent.

K but not like wm late a sec you lose on 5 minute and even if phoenix ready witch is not real 2 phoenix to wm drop time

Heavy doubt. Zergs will have a field day, Protoss would have endless whine fests if we replaced WM with supply free spider mines.

You couldn’t drop spider mines. That’s actually the most abusive part about widow mines, how they are dropped right on workers.

For the sake of the game, make them not attack workers. Spiders couldn’t in SC1. Oh right but you must like killing workers with them too much.

Terran loses more workers on average than protoss does in the matchup. Drilling claws is used in 7% of games. Widow mines are responsible for 15% of probe deaths, comparatively marauders kill 14.8% lmao. Another PPP thread gone off the rails. Widow mine drops are the few pressure builds that haven’t been nerfed indirectly/directly. Terran with spider mines would be the equivalent of free energy permanent stasis wards that actually killed things.

Batz was right. This anesthetic alt account is cancer.

Name truthbringer-----> doesn’t accept the truth.

Where you ever lose more scv then toss cause you let your base no defence and one million zealots run to your mineral line? Your fault compare to auto lock mine auto fire unit no need control

1 Like

It’s not really supply free. You still have to make the vulture. See, I actually played Terran in BW.

1 Like

Wow, you get a vulture and 3 spider mines compared to a 2 supply wm. Good to see you ignored everything else. These would hard counter the real worker killer in TvP (zealots) and HARD counter late game DTs that deleted bases in 2 seconds.

Just a reminder. This thread is from 2019. I don’t really face drilling claws that much, but then again… I rarely play, so I guess that goes hand in hand.

In BW, nothing was killing anything. A guy recalls and the game ends. You try to mine your base… and then you can’t make factories anywhere or turrets. And even if they kill their army on a mine… it never seems to matter. Matchup is for gods and gods only.

I can probably count the games I lost to vulture harass on one hand. I’d need 100 hands to count losses to widow mines. Widow mines can attack anything and everything besides cloaked DTs. Vulture mines… far more selective and aren’t killing any probes unless you want them to. Basically.

Never forget. The real proxy gateway, expand build spawned out of existence due to how BROKEN proxy factory mine was. There’s your real god. The devil mine that came out way before any detection. Dumb and abusive.

1 Like

This is just evidence of one of the dumbass threads posted by Playa. Throughout sc2 history, Playa has at least 20 much more severe braindead complaints threads.

Thread like these deserve to be mocked and vehemently attacked.

The difference between the two are huge. Like I first said, laying spider mines takes far more skill than it does to abuse widow mines.

Are you serious dog? Widows attack air, and they came with detection at first. Wow. And 90 HP to 20 HP.

Oh my god terran need more supply too use spider mine