Leavers are annoying

I know Blizz is done with SC2. Man I wish they would have made it so you got your team mates xp if they leave and you finish the mission by yourself. Just saying.

2 Likes

I agree with the premise but wouldn’t this solution simply incentivise BM and/or teamkilling? Personally I get happy when my ally leaves in non-mutation games, it makes the mission a little more exciting.

2 Likes

You get twice the income and army when your ally leaves. That makes the mission easier and not harder. So why would the reward be doubled?

So if I hard carry an ally who does next to nothing or quite literally nothing all game, what should I get? 4x as much reward?

If you ever carried people, you’d realize that some are often better if they left than if they hadn’t lol.

9 Likes

I don’t end up carrying allies often (speaks to my avg skill level) but this is especially true on LnL and any mutation with Polarity.

Had one fail (as Kerri P0) in the current mutation with a Tychus ally who didn’t send a worker to the bottom right lock for 10 mins - which had already been Amon captured - so the counter was ticking up. And then BM’ed me a little for not sending something to re-capture the middle lock - when they were paying attention. They already had a worker with them but kept the 3-4 outlaws in one place waiting for me. If there’s a universal indicator for the players’ skill level (mastery 35ish), it’s that they went Nikara-first - understandable for the experience lvl, tbh.

We lost when a wave of Agressively Deployed Moving Unseen enemies wiped their base - and I was all out of Omega pops.

2 Likes

while we’re at it, a reconnect function after reboot if ever attempting to reconnect doesn’t work

2 Likes

Leavers are annoying for me even with the 2 base income.

It’s why I stick it out when I get dead of night for 3rd game in row, with the 3rd game being with Artanis who kind of sucks at DoN (like he can do his part but if your ally sucks it is hard to fast clear with him).

Anyway it is annoying. Would I change anything? Nah not really. Maybe in a perfect give player 30 seconds to leave if their ally left before completing any objectives and not have a loss on their match history for the OCD types.

I love how you assume I’ve never carried. I played ranked for much longer than coop. It helps a lot. I don’t always want to put the extra effort in when a ally leaves, but I end up finishing anyways. Nice elitism.

1 Like

What is so elitism about saying you get twice the income and army when ally leaves?

Nobody said you can’t carry, the expression is saying if you did then you’d know.

So are you mad that you know and still want extra reward here or are you mad cuz you played a game alone? You know you can leave and remake right?

1 Like

Pre-Prestige, I got to try out some COs I haven’t purchased yet/beyond the lv5 cap, and even with full talents and masteries! :sunglasses:

These days, I got to try out P1 Tychus and P1 Raynor. As Nova, I can just build my own gas buildings without having to assign workers to gather from there!

You literally inferred. I’m actually not mad, it just annoys me. You act like things can’t be made better and discussions can’t be had. Either way, your attitude was elitist, but you knew this.

You keep calling me elitist, like it means something. We disagree and you go for projections of your own short-comings then blame it on me.

You haven’t really proposed a fair solution despite your own attitude.

When a player quits, you get their resources, their control. While that control isn’t 100% (ie. top bar), you do get a maximum of 4 base and 2x the army strength. So why is that made better by rewarding 2x exp? You haven’t explained.

So I disagree because life doesn’t work like that and the way it is set up now makes sense to me. Notice how nobody agrees with your proposal? So if you want it changed, at least provide a good reason?

Do you work? What you are saying is that you get 2x the resources to do the same job but you want to get paid double for having more resources? How is that “made better”?

Whatever makes you sleep at night kido.

So it’s just you saying it’s better therefore it is then… you see how that’s a bit less convincing.

I see there isn’t such a juniville argument or even debate. I think something should have been done about leavers and you don’t. It was never that my solution was the right one. I disagree with you. This isn’t some high-school debate.

1 Like

Lol that’s right, there isn’t. You’re just mad cuz things aren’t handed to you on a platter it sounds like. Has nothing to do with people leaving at all. And btw, nothing wrong with people leaving.

My advise to people like me that are compentant but not amazing at this game.

200 supply is enough to win co op missions when your ally leaves just use their income and max out your army. Don’t tax yourself too much with multitasking.

If you max out your army, and want more then just mass something from your ally’s former base. The lower tech the more simplicity on your end.

At the very least, they want double XP, so they’ll ask you to leave so they could get that.

1 Like

Only exception is Karax ally. You should really get some energizers out of him. Whether it’s for defenses or offenses, everyone enjoy having a few Energizers pets frolicking around.

I’d say the same holds true for a Raynor that’s left as well, regardless of whether you want to use his OCs (or can use them, if they’re P1), making some Medics and getting their upgrade adds a considerable amount of bulk to your army.

Alarak Havocs and H&H’s Ravens are good choices as well imo.

Basically, if they add value to your army and don’t cost any extra micro you might as well throw them in, it can only help.

For non-P2 Karax, unless you can teleport your army, making static d to cover you bases keeps you from having to return home to defend.

If I’m Karax, it’s nice to get a former ally who has someone that has basic combat units that can shoot both ground and air (e.g. Hydras, Goons, Marines)

If Tychus leaves, I get Nikara since I don’t have the micro for RS’ revitalizers.