Leagues broken, API not sending data. Is the game abandoned?

There is a 3 season old bug where silvers get masters and platinums get bronze, this is heavily reported. The league thresholds according to MMR are heavily distorted now and ranks dont mean much anymore. We can’t even see this as the API which reports the league distribution stopped sending data (see rankedFTW). This has also been reported and hasn’t been fixed at all. Has Blizzard abandoned the game?

Are ranks meaningless now? It seems MMR still works but the point is that something as crucial as ranks and the API haven’t been fixed for at least half a year now. It seems the ranks are meaningless , which might spoil the game for many who have played for more than a decade.

Blizzard seems to abandoned the game completely.

Yep ladder/leagues/mmr broken. Have ~2600 MMR and get placed in Bronze instead of Gold 2 or 1.

I switched back to BW. No new maps, no bug fixes, and definitely no balance patches. SC2 is actually dead now outside the pro scene.

BW on the other hand actually got a balance patch that removed flying SCV cheats finally.

2 Likes

Yes the game is abandoned completely

3 Likes

Seriously? Some people have played this (with SC1) for more than twenty years… this is sad. :disappointed:

1 Like

The ignorance is offending by the ones behind this game seemingly with short memory about how this game made them great

2 Likes

Rankedftw is not working, however, Discord bots started to work!
It gives hope.

is this why I I can go 55% wins for a good while in my current league (gold3) but as soon as I get promoted to gold 2, I face a legion of players who are obviously at least 1000mmr better than me? Then right around the time I would get demoted, it starts to balance out again? The game just wants to encourage smurfing even worse than it is naturally?

No.
Smurfing is a different problem.

I can’t believe this is happening.

STARCRAFT 2 = 3rd best selling video game in 2010. Milions of customers, viewers. Lots of tournaments, tons of budget, great hype - only to be completely abandoned 11 years later.

Times go people change

1 Like