Late Game Z -Vipers

What does this look like? Upgraded lurkers, broodlords, but can you trade efficiently without the yoink? Can infestors make up for no Vipers?

You want vipers.
20 char

i know i want vipers. Theyre cool. But that wasn’t the point. Hypothetically if one didn’t use vipers, then what?

I mean you don’t have to use vipers, but you’ll be at a disadvantage versus someone who has them. Most ZvZ lategames turn into lurker wars. The viper is crucial for reducing your opponents lurker count by utilizing abducts. You can use blinding cloud if you truly want to engage; however, abduct and slowly lower your opponents unit count over a long period is generally the safer option.

Vipers are better than infestors, but there are some situations where you would want both. Such as using fungal on a muta ball and then casting parasitic bomb. Vipers are great units and I wouldn’t recommend skipping them unless you’re so far ahead that it wouldn’t matter anyway.

3 Likes

You could try to neural parasite / snipe his overseers and then neural his lurkers.
If you can’t get rid of all detection, it’s impossible though (so you especially can’t push without vipers).
If you have a great economy, you could do a surround with ling/bane/ultra and then fungal the enemy army for detection, movement debuff and a little dps.

2 Likes