Kerrigan Thread #9023

They have revolted. Several times. Its literally where the Sons of Korhal came from. Do you know what the Confederacy did the last time there was an armed rebellion? They nuked the entire planet. That’s why its a desert in BW. Arcturus even specifically mentions this, and explains that its how the confederates remain in power, but that theyre researching using the zerg in the same manner so as to cut down on the obvious guilt for doing so. Antiga is also specifically called out as a hotbed of anti-confederate sentiment that has revolted in the past, which is why there is an Alpha Squadron (ie the rebel hunters) garrison there.

All these things are in the game. You need to pay more attention. That’s why I keep dismissing your points. Theyre just straight up wrong.

I will absolutely shred it without a moment of hesitation if you cant be bothered to fact check it before handing it to me. What baffles me is that you seem to think the problem is that its coming from you, or that im lazy or something, and not the fact that the story that youre criticizing doesn’t exist.

1 Like

What does that mean?

As far as the storytelling goes, I wouldn’t mind more of them loading screens from SC1. They were neat in their design and were able to tell a little bit of the actual happenings between missions without having to rely on us finding out useful information. I also liked how you can talk to people in SC2 though, but some of those dialogues were kinda crap at the same time. I hated how Jimbo had to be the last man talking every time.

I think StarCraft is still a space fantasy. SC1 seems to be about a bunch of evil sons of ditches that all want to rule, avenge and generally push their own career forward, etc. Gives me nice vibes.

1 Like

Read ToxicDefiler’s reboot pitch and tell me what you think of it. Or read my pitch on google docs and tell me what you think.

No. First off, ive done both of those things, and that conversation died very quickly. Secondly, if I wanted to talk about rebooting the franchise, I would be on a fanfiction forum somewhere talking about that.

3 Likes

I’m not interested in debating you about canon anymore. It’s pointless and clearly will never go anywhere. Read the alternate pitches and tell me if you think they are more or less interesting than canon.

No. If you want to talk about it so badly, go make your own thread or go to a fanfiction site. Stop trying to hijack threads just because you lost an argument.

1 Like

I did make a thread a while back. Please go post there.

I don’t even remember what I was trying to argue in the first place besides a vague “I think the story could be improved by not relying so extensively on plot devices.” This falls more into the realm of opinion, I suppose, and not something arguable in the first place. My mistake.

If the thread died, its because nobody was interested in talking about it. Take the hint.

And what hint what that be? You want me to go die in a fire because you hate my opinion?

I’m tired of going around in circles. Could we start over? Wouldn’t you rather have a constructive conversation?

I think that the story could be improved by making a few changes. That’s just my opinion. Do you think any of my suggestions would result in an interesting story? More or less so than canon?

The hint that nobody is interested in talking about your bloody fanfiction. In case telling you that explicitly wasn’t obvious enough the first time. And no, I am absolutely not going to play this game with you. You’ve done a pretty good job of destroying any good will I might have had. If you say something specific, ill respond, but im not about to go out on a limb for you.

1 Like

TrickyHunter went on a rampage I see.

He scored a critical hit on my patience.

2 Likes

That’s hard to do. Color me impressed.

3 Likes

I’m still curious as to what video game stories he thinks are good, and what critiques and novels he’s formally published.

Tribal colours or just skin pigments?

1 Like

I’m curious what your response would be if it turned out we were actually talking to Stephen King the whole time.

Ill take some protoss skins.

2 Likes

I’m actually not looking to insult him, I’m truly curious since he’s looking down on everyone else on the grounds that they haven’t done these things.

If he turned out to be Stephen King, I’d say that’s pretty cool, though it might be best for him to stay our of military science fiction.

1 Like

It was a pretty ugly way of dismissing a point, but I didn’t take it too hard. Thank you my shining knight in your shiny armor on your squeeky clean and shiny horse to trot in and save me though.

1 Like

Oh… :neutral_face:

Program error. Gradius does not compute. :robot:

1 Like

/Bats eyelashes in your general direction (but not really).

1 Like