Kerrigan and Zagara Revamp Proposal

I guess you could make their abilities a Top Bar, and just gray them out if they’re on cd, or knocked out. They have done this with other abilities like Swann’s laser drill, HH’s Strike Fighters, and Tychus’ Medivacs. However, these are tied to buildings, so they seem to have more of a permanence.

Bile Launchers are still niche. I did use them in Void Launch for defense. You know the shuttles and its accompanying attack force will travel a certain path, so set them to blanket such areas. Did manage to snipe a couple of shuttles in this regard before it got away.

1 Like

I am not sure about this but Corrosive Acid does not apply to Zagara’s Baneling Barrage because

_ Primary target = the target you A + left click / right click them. When you use Zagara’s Baneling Barrage, there is no primary target.
_ That ability is mostly spell damage with the banelings running as cosmetic effect. Only the Banelings you train are counted. You can see more of it below
_ As the Baneling Barrage doesn’t benefit from attack upgrade at all too. If they are real banelings, they would be affected by those upgrades.

Small note: i suspect the research that +50% baneling damage area is also not applied to Baneling Barrage too.

Even with all that, the ability is good as it is.

Kerrigan’s Topbar is consolidated onto her command card; it’s called Immobilization Wave.

1 Like

None of the nest upgrades apply to Barrage and the OP wants them to.

I simply showed why adding Corrosive Acid is a bad idea.

We overlook Zeratul because he is Melee unit, have only 1 mediocre damaging ability, no summon abilities or sustainable abilities (life steal, healing…) and have no reliable mean to buff his attack or attack speed.

Someone clearly doesn’t play Zeratul.

• Zeratul’s sustain comes in the form of a passive that grants him 0.5s invulnerability every 5s and 15/s shield regeneration on top of a 600 shield pool. He’s not Kerrigan/Dehaka levels of tanky, but he is far from squishy as long as you micro him properly.
  • Zeratul’s hero unit is the only hero unit that benefits from weapon upgrades due to how these work on him; he has 130 weapon damage at max artifacts. So he has a reliable way to upgrade the hero unit’s attack damage that doesn’t even need mastery, unlike the rest of the heroes.
  • Zeratul’s mastery set 1 is Zeratul Attack Speed vs. Combat Unit Attack Speed. The Avatar of Essence also grants up to 100% bonus attack speed at maximum evolution stacks; doesn’t even need mastery for this one, just pick the right top bar.

It is absolutely absurd that Kerrigan have a total of 97 BASE damage and Zagara with 78.

Try Zeratul’s 130 weapon damage at 1.08 attack speed.

If we’re going to give Kerrigan any buffs, give her better units. Give us the option at hive for an upgrade to upgrade individual hydralisks to Hunter Killers for like 25 gas.

Or, how about a Kerrigan or Zagara co-op AI to play it for you. That way you can win without having to worry about things like pressing a hero power hotkey, or doing crazy things like having to use omega worms. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think it’s a valid point regarding the upgrades not affecting these heroes. They should benefit from the upgrades, especially now that Amon’s units benefit from their upgrades.

Zagara’s Q roll of banelings should get both the Baneling Nest upgrades as well as the Mastery impact. These changes would allow more soloing with Zagara, which is an underrated playstyle.

1 Like

On a related note, I wish that all top bar abilities were included on some non-top-bar place like the town halls of each commander so a player quitting mid-match is not as likely to be fatal.

There’s no need to buff Barrage when it’s already a good ability. Amon’s unit buffs have little to no impact on Baneling Barrage.

While it could encourage more Zagara solo play, it would make it even easier for those that already do it. Zagara on her own can wipe out early areas and make considerable inroads around mid-game on any map as it is.

15 shield regen is not sustainability. That is below 3 marines damage output.

The only HERO units that have sustainability are Alarak, Kerrigan and Dehaka.

Both Zeratul attack and damage ability is melee or very short range, shorter range is equal to death when you jump into a heavily defense position. Both Kerrigan and Zagara can survive or deal with them up to a better degree than Zeratul. Even Alarak can pull similar thing with his kiting and both Zagara & Kerrigan outdamage Zeratul with all ability + attack damage.

Zeratul
130 damage every 1.03s => 126.21 damage/s
Shadow Cleave 130 damage per 12s = 10.8 damage/s
=> 137 damage/s

Zagara
30 per 1.5s => 20 damage/s
6 Hunter Killers deal 20 per 0.83s each (ability cooldown 30s - duration 20s) => 144.5 damage/s
Baneling Barrage deal 40 x 6 = 240 in total every 10s

Kerrigan
40 damage per 1.5s with a complete full +110% attack speed => 84 dps
Leap 390 damage with mastery. Since energy regen is at 7.5/s, it is 58.5 damage/s
=> total 142.5 damage/s

And both Zagara and Kerrigan have higher Health than Zeratul with 800 & 1000 respectively. That is not to mention They both have better attack range than Zeratul.

And both of them have better ability to deal with swarming army than Zeratul has as a HERO. Whether it is damage output, tankiness, attack range, damage against boss or dealing with swarms, Zeratul is no where comparable to Zagara and Kerrigan, and that is not taking their damage mastery into account.

60s of speed aura for 180s cooldown is not RELIABLE attack speed boost. I discard Zagara’s Frenzy due to the same reason. If you have to wait longer than 10s between an attack speed boost, it is unreliable cause your units can be dead by that time.

MELEE

Are you trying to convince a player who mostly plays zeratul that zeratul is bad?, I don’t know, I think you just haven’t seen someone playing well with zera hero unit.

Ling-like Zeratul gives me chill.

A top panel for selecting Kerrigan’s abilities would be awesome.

I feel like she still struggles with heavy air compositions, especially on maps that send wave after wave after you so giving her an option to pick some of the HotS campaign abilities would be a great way to fix that. Crushing grip can stun air units, Wild mutation can temporarily increases HP of the affected units (Hydras in this case who still die too quickly despite their amazing dps), Chain reaction can be reworked into a more powerful version, Mend and Appocalypse could be added too.

The top bar itself should work like that of Zeratul or HotS campaign ability selection screen where picking one power locks you from picking another.

Did you read all the posts above that and understand what i am trying to say?

Hmm, i don’t know, i think you just don’t want to make effort at reading and trying to understand.

Kerrigan’s Immobilisation wave doesn’t do any damage to buildings… this needs to be corrected.

1 Like

LOL, no. Her lings are there for a reason, try using them.

It one shots everything except Battlecruisers and Carriers. Why does it need to deal damage to buildings too? Your units can do that after Immoblization Wave clears out all the defenders.

But Other commanders Attack affect buildings too.
Zagara infestation drop = Yes
Alarak destruction wave = Yes
Nova’s Nuke and Griffin Drop = Yes
Fenix Dragoon Abilites = Yes
Dehaka’s Leap, Fire and Psionic Explosion = Yes
Zeratul Blade Swipe = Yes
Gary EBalls = Yes

But only Kerrigan doesn’t. BTW Kerrigan’s max damage of Immobilisation wave is 200, so you missed out Archon, Ultralisk, Immortals, Warhounds, Hybrids etcs

BTW How about Kerrigan’s Maximum Carapace Health and Carapace Absorb also benefit from mastery 3.2?
Then she would get 60% of her attack absorb into her Armour? And become tougher?
So that would make her max carapace to 260
And her absorb 40 to 24 and 70 to 42

No, it shouldn’t. Immo Wave stuns and hits all units for lowish damage in a very large radius as a trade off from having to nuke everything.

Things need to be balanced and designed in such a way that it presents a challenge to the player.

Kerrigan’s Leap damages buildings too. Why is that not on the list but Destruction Wave is?