It's about damn time

During a global pandemic when no one was even working… the stock market reached an all-time high. That sums up this world.

You have people on youtube making videos talking about how smart they were for staying in the market, due to their “research.” It’s like, okay man… please try to describe to me the scenario where it would make sense to leave the market or not invest more.

If losing isn’t an option… then sounds like something is rigged. You’re benefiting from cheating or inflation (FED).

I feel like in an environment where everyone is a con man, then the best con man will probably win out. But when games start to excel while also having some integrity and doing things “the right way,” then Blizzard/Activision will be at a loss of what to do.

1 Like

I know it’s your job. You talk like the project manager in DreamHack. I will consider, thanks.

`https://i.imgur.com/f8yjEFA.png`

Maybe I should pay attention to Overwatch ? Ummm…I need time to consider. Mainland gamers don’t like shooting games very much.

I’m just the guy who was ranting and raving about the ESL prize pool for their cups only being 100 dollars (despite never playing one), who was banned for a month the day before they decided to raise the prize pool. That’s this game for you.

If I ever get credit for anything, it wasn’t me. If someone else got credit for something, it probably was me. Backwards world.

Outside of playing in a friend’s Halo tournaments and dabbling in Counter Strike for a few weeks, I’ve steered clear of shooter games. Well, I’m still waiting to own a time machine, so I can go back and play more Goldeneye during its prime.

I always hear about the massive amounts of money being invested into Overwatch, but Overwatch has 14k viewers now compared to Fortnites 105k. Your friends are probably playing fortnite if they’re into shooter games… so what is Overwatch supposed to attract/suck in? The guys not good enough to cut it in Fortnite but want to try their hand at a game with less competition?

If you can’t win the market, and you’re just left with residual players, it feels like Blizzard is going to be experiencing a lot of Deja Vu.

I feel like with their best performing game, viewer wise, that there should be a law against their business model. It will be interesting to see how long they can get away with it; I liked hearthstone, I genuinely did. But… their absolute insatiable greed forced me to quit. I could be a billionaire and it just wouldn’t make sense, money wise.

In a world where everyone likes winning and “everyone” is a noob, a legit pay to win game and a 100% pay to have fun game… is their “number 1 game.” Sad look. You can tell why Blizzard lost the incentive to be fair.

3 Likes

Blizzard had all the cards to win the game, but they somehow lost it.

The reason is that they don’t fix their games and when they do it, they do something terrible.

Things like BL + Infestor, Zerg right now, SL SL Warlock, DHs in WOW, choosing the PvE players over the PvP players in WOW, saying PvP is a mini game and forcing everyone to PvE, just because some ***** can’t PvP.

These decisions literally broke WOW and SC2, D3 was terrible too.

I remember when people were standing outside SW dueling, the best time I had playing WOW was in rated PvP, but now we PvPers are all gone because blizzard chose to cater to the dragon slayers, literally kicking PvPers out of their game. Giving the raid nerds an edge everywhere in PvP.

I also remember when there were no viable strategies against BL+Infestor and Blizzard did nothing. People just lose interest when they see the game is that dull, just look at the Zerg now, why don’t they just nerf and fix them? Every time I see someone commenting a game there are several people who see that Zerg is out of control even former players. This attitude is driving people away.

Edit: Also, that pruning in WOW making the game idiotproof, removing stats, abilities, complexity, so that 5 year olds and their grandmothers could play killed WOW.

1 Like

The wise people tend to have higher moral standards and they will try to help others. It’s been proven in my world on the other side of yours. You won’t kill kids when they go into your gardens.
No one wants to start another endless war. At least I don’t want to. So, I refuse.

Or you think blizzard hasn’t given Activision enough trouble and you need more refugee camps, more whines?

By the way, DLCs of Hearthstone is a good example In my opinion.

You should apply to deal with diplomatic matters after you bomb embassy by a video game.

It may have killed WOW PvP (i dont play wow so I cant speak to the state of the PvP community). But WOW as a whole definitely isn’t killed. It still has the highest population of any other mmo in the world.

That being said, guild wars 2 is better imo :slight_smile:

Let’s try to get back on topic, here. Also, no need to hate on other players or games. Toxicity is a big part of what ruins whole communities.

Let’s try to just, y’know, riff on ideas and maybe (just maybe) come up with an idea that shows up in the future (or at least gets nodded at).

XD

Sc2 lost all its players to the superior competition… more forum nonsense…

riiight and what competition would that be?

Where did all the players go? There used to be 600k active accounts. But now 400k active accounts. Which does not even consider duplicate accounts… since players can play cross region and be counted twice! But in hots they could not…

Yes the population fell off a bit as MOBA, BR, Hero shooters, and Card games started to dominate the gaming landscape. Nobody is arguing that.

What I said was there is no other RTS game that competes with SC2. If there is name it. But I’ll spoil it for you… there is none that can compete.

Dota, broodwar, lol and many others are rts… many bigger than sc2…

Dota is a MOBA not an RTS.

Broodwar does not have as large a player base as SC2 so try again. If it does then show me the source you are getting this info from.

Moba is subcategory of rts…

Yeah a subcategory, ie not a true RTS. MOBA is basically its own genre at this point. There is no way you can compare DOTA, HoTS, LoL, ect game play to SC2’s game play. They are vastly different games.

1 Like

Let me guess… every game except sc2 is not “true” rts… more forum nonsense…

Did I ever say that? Don’t put words in my mouth to support your factless argument.

If you brought up an actual RTS game I would acknowledge it. Do you need me to list them for you?

SC2, BW, AoE, TW, Ashes of the Singularity, Grey Goo, Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer, Warhammer Dawn of War (the first one), ect ect ect. Show me the RTS that competes with SC2, you cant do it…

1 Like

Yes. I don’t want to discuss the video game: the last of us 2.
Becuase I must respect players who has different faiths, different religions.

Dota is rts… just like sc2 is rts… more players choose dota… it is better rts…

You are hopeless. Im out.