Is there anyone knows, when could we play next commander?

It has been 8 months since the last commander Mengsk was on sale
So…
(my English s**k)

Many think we’ll get something this year but I personally doubt it.

7 Likes

If we get one this year it will probably be July 27 (or near then) for 10th anniversary.

1 Like

I hope it is soon. We’ve waited so long.

2 Likes

It’s looking like end of the year when they do that virtual event that we will see updates for anything.

Blizzard would at least do something for “10th Anniversary” although it won’t be a lot.

I’m hoping for Protoss next.

I’m hoping I’m wrong.

The question should be if, not when.

2 Likes

No, it should be when. There would likely be an announcement if they were to stop. You might say that after the next Commander but it isn’t likely the case with this potential Commander.

It’s only a “when” if there absolutely is a plan to release a new commander. “When” implies that such a thing will happen, it’s just a matter of time.

From a player’s perspective, we have no idea whether or not there is a new commander at all or any new content, let alone what their plans are, hence it’s an “if”.

2 Likes

I think everyone here including ZealousGamer still have hope to get the commander soon and quite close in the future.
I’d say Blizzard won’t be as attentive to SC2 Co-op as they used to but admittedly, the “10th Anniversary” isn’t something that Blizzard will ignore easily.

Despite Blizzard’s lack of effort of late, the team has never told what is in progress unless the release date is very close, and social media such as twitter and reddit is not wiser.

In conclusion, we can accept this is matter as an “if” or “when” depending on the perspective.
Some of us accept this as a “When” as we still believe that something will be put on the table and some others than you see this as “If” because in reality the Co-op progress is vastly slower and fewer than what it used to.

I am sad that Starcraft 2 Co-op is slowly losing faith for their fans, hopefully some measure can be restored when they show in 10th Anniversary is worthwhile.

1 Like

There’s nothing to say Blizzard has to release new content to celebrate the 10th anniversary. Anyone pinning their hopes on this scenario is setting themselves up for major disappointment if all we end up getting is a portrait and an achievement just for logging in at the right time.

If we get new content, then great. But really, you should set your expectations to low.

It’s not a matter of perspective, it’s a matter of logic.

1 Like

Before 2020, It was a certainty that commander would come out but nobody knew which commander.
While it is a fact that Blizzard doesn’t put more effort in Co-op it is also a fact that Blizzard did not declare stopping of developing Co-op as well as releasing warchests which ties into Co-op. And seeing that it is 10th Anniversary, it is unlikely that Blizzard will skip this (April Fools happen annually while this happens once in a decade).

There are possibilities but it is clear that since Blizzard made no announcement that the development has stopped or not it is certain that it will be released this year.
Therefore, it is more a matter of perspective than matter of logic.

Expectations “low” is fine. However, don’t act like there it is unlikely to get new content.

“When” is as much logic as “If”. Again, it’d be more likely that’d they’d announce an end to support than say nothing and let it die. We haven’t been told that they are ending support. If fact; when Mengsk was release (or before) they said they still had plans or were working on content. Which; (by logic) suggests “when” over “if”.

That’s partly because they flagged down the notion that there would be co-op content for a few years. The difference now is that we’re likely out of that time frame and given what’s happened this year there is uncertainty about what may or may not happen next.

They don’t really have to say anything in regards to development. And the warchest tie to co-op is mostly about the xp, to allow players several ways to get it.

They’re not going to skip it because it’s a milestone worth celebrating. But it does not mean they will do so by releasing more content; it’s not as if you cannot have one without the other.

“When” implies certainty and something will happen.
“If” implies uncertainty such that whether or not something can or will happen at all.

Since we have no idea, no information or even a solid theory, it cannot be a “when” so all that’s left is “if” hence it’s a logic thing.

But that’s exactly where we are.

Source? I don’t remember them saying anything like this.

I never said it isn’t.

2 Likes

My guess is they’ll do something for the 10-year anniversary. Specifically, it’ll be like the 5-year anniv. where they put party hats on the SCVs, Drones, and Probes.

1 Like

That is quite true, we can only hope if Blizzard would put something truly worthy of 10th anniversary on the table.
But still I find it doubtful that they will skip implementing a commander this year but that is just my opinion.

Don’t they put party hat or confetti on every anniversary?
I wish they can make all commander face emoticon.
Right now we only have them as Mini map pointer rather than the actual emoticon.

They wouldn’t skip implementing a commander this year… they would just stop making new commanders (maybe they would announce that at some point, but why should they?..maybe the next dev communication we get is in 2021 saying yeah coop development stopped early last year, we’re all on the sc-galaxy mobile game now)

I have a speculation. Currently, there is 19 slots in commander selection bar. Adding the last one will make it 20.
They might not stop there but 20 slot could be a reason enough to stop making more commanders for aesthetic reasons (Developers and UI).

I can’t imagine how that will work.