Is there any point to the Nydus Worm on Miner Evac?

It typically appears early on, where you defend the ship where your expansions at. Unlike the Nydus DoN which has 1,500 hp, this only has 200hp. And yet, it seems to just die instantly anyways (I had to be on the lookout to click on it and be quick about observing its stats, that’s how fast it dies)

Well if you let if live long enough it will just barf up additional infested. A bit disappointed that it did not appear later on in the mission. Would’ve made it more challenging for those who like to turtle.

I think they sink back in. I saw one doing it before.

There are three that appear on Brutal when the first ship is at your expansion area. A few seconds after appearing they throw out a small wave of the enemy comp.

1 Like

It’s fine that it’s not too much of a challenge! For new players who don’t know where the latter two spawn it can still be noticeable, and the main challenge is really forcing you to push into the expansion area to clear the top one. That’s actually a good kind of challenge – it’s not too difficult but encourages you to clear your expansion if you’ve been putting it off.

That is the point though? To add a little flavour to the ship.

Each of the ship has some uniqueness to them in terms enemies spawned:

• Expansion ship has these 3 Nydus
  • west and east of exp has early cloaked banshee/aberration
  • bottom has many volatiles
  • top left and top right has one stream of hybrid while the other normal
  • top centre has spawns that are very close to the ship in addition to hybrids
  • off centre top has infested tank drops in addition to hybrids

Good enough reason for me to add some flavour.

3 Likes

There are always 3 regardless of difficulty: 1 between the expansion and the main base (the one most likely to be overlooked if you’re doing something else), 1 right in the middle of the expansion, and 1 near the ship itself.

Yeah, they spawn small waves of enemy comp units.

In practice, the worm dies so quickly that the enemy comps are typically moot.

Yeah but in practice, DoN’s Nydus doesn’t even spawn and is killed if spawned before any real threat is sent to base. So there is no difference either?

1 Like

I’ve never noticed this. I’m sure some of us are good enough to kill it before the timer goes down and it starts spawning. From my plays, the worms in DoN do get missed. Despite getting an announcement, and showing up on the mini-map because we’re too busy defending or pushing out at night. So there, they DO spawn a lot.

Contrast that to ME, they just die so quickly.

Yeah the point was to highlight that this is a very insignificant issue you’re discussing.

On the one hand, you’re indicating how pointless Nydus is on ME cuz it’s “so easy” by comparison. And on the other hand, you still miss them on DoN for them to be an issue.

Basically, you’re just saying for your particular skill level, this is an issue and you’re pointing out how silly and easy Nydus is on ME. Meanwhile, I’m highlighting that it’s just tid for tad. From most other perspectives (including a different skill level), this isn’t an issue. And the difference is simply there to add some flavour to the monotony that is infested maps, in general.

So that’s really that. Nothing more to it. Or is your discussion point to have ME’s first ship to be harder by far than DoN post N4-5? And have 3 of DoN’s Nydus pop up during 1st Ship? Cuz don’t you think that’s even more ridiculous than how you feel about how “easy” they are?

1 Like