Is there a canon size for Sentries?

I always thought of them as roughly probe-sized, but there’s a contest going on in the HotS forum and now it’s very important for me to know for sure that they’re at most half as tall as a human.

According to the field manual, sentries at their tallest are about as tall as a marine. However, they aren’t a uniform size, and without that particular back plate, theyre otherwise only about as tall as a short human.

Definitely not half as tall though.

2 Likes

Well that’s too bad. Guess I need a different concept.

Widow Mines are supposed to be around half as tall as a human, at least according to the unit scale drawings.

It is 2.5m in diameter and 1.5m high at its highest point overall width 1m

Wait. Where are these drawings?

Theyre in the StarCraft Field Manual book. I think there are also some older versions on DeviantArt, but those ones were made before Blizzard came in and added in their 2 cents.

1 Like

xiaorobear put out the canon measurements he did for the Field Manual here for free if you want to look through it:

https://www.deviantart.com/xiaorobear/art/StarCraft-to-Scale-575265589

1 Like

The sentry isn’t that taller than Probius, though. What is your discussion about anyway? Maybe, it’s still salvageable?

I didn’t expect the roach to be that small tbh.

It makes sense in a way, the creature it was based off of was a regular-sized slug with powerful acid, so while it certainly got enhanced it had a lot of mass to gain.

Theres a contest on the Heroes of the Storm forums to create a new “small” hero concept, with small being defined in this case as half the height of a human or less.

1 Like

Hero Roach is still better than Loli and Wakanda.

I’d play a hero roach. The one tusked ling from HotS could also work. Though I’d prefer them paired like the Hero Attack Zerglings personally.

A treasure goblin or Rakinishu might be fun on the diablo side.

…I should submit a concept.

I fear the next character reveal at Blizzcon. Will it be a Captain Marvel’s ripoff ? :X

Anduin already in game.

With the amount of time between new hero releases now and so many iconic blizzard characters still available to add cough Duran cough Baal cough it’s such a waste to see one of these twice yearly releases being taken by somebody on the art teams OC.

You know what ? I still prefer Anduin to OC.
That and Wakanda’s intro was poor. We miss you Kevin Johnson :sob:

1 Like

I’m like 70% confidant that she was originally an OW hero intended to be released in both games near the same time that got canned, but since Heroes resources are more limited, they had to keep going with her.

@Phlynch

I see, how about Zerg’s virus, then? You go around infested your own creep and spread all over the map. You win separately once everyone is too sick to fight. You know world peace!

@Emperor Probius, the ruler of Probe

That actually makes a lot of sense. I always felt she is a bit weird. Where do you get this information from?