Interesting bugs in Co-op (Bug Hunt VIII)

https://www.maguro.one/2019/10/bug-hunt-8.html

Hi, this post looks at more bugs in Co-op. Today’s list:

• Unlocking Outlaws
  • Ballistic Zerglings
  • Brood Queen – Ensnare
  • Offensive Harvesting
  • Mist Opportunities – Bonus
  • Temple of the Past – Bonus
  • Timestop Buff & Heroes
  • Suppression Towers
  • Void Templar – Blink
  • Dead Larvae
  • Purifier Beam & Safety zones

Playing with unlocking outlaws early can be a lot of fun. And the issue with Purifier Beam is important for this week’s mutation.

Let me know if you encountered some of these or other interesting bugs.

11 Likes

Unsure if shown before, but Stettmann’s Stettellites do not affect his own Lurkers. Unsure about other units.

1 Like

:blue_heart: :bug: :page_facing_up:

The Tychus exploit is basically worth it for players who prefer to do at least 4 Outlaws, which is ironically unnecessary but good to keep in mind for Brutations and longer maps (for funz and gigglez).

What intrigued me more regarding the bugs is the Queen’s Ensnare and Malwarfare’s Terminals. I did not realize they are in a Burrow/Unburrow state throughout the mission. Given that the Ensnare can affect structures, I am inclined to urge people to test it out - to see if it’ll prevent/affect spawn hmmm :thinking:.

Hey, could you send me a replay with description? Stetellites give base bonuses and overcharge bonuses to Mecha Lurkers correctly – at least, all bonuses that I thought of when trying it.

Did you mean Disabling Cloud? Ensnare doesn’t affect structures. Unfortunately Disabling Cloud doesn’t prevent Suppression Towers from spawning

No, I meant since your Ensnare bug mentions it can be casted on structures (while may seemingly not affect them at all), does it or rather will it definitively not affect the Suppression Towers? To be made sure, and since I’m mostly unable to play recently I thought I put it out there.

I see. No, even if you mind-controlled enemy Queen and casted Ensnare, it doesn’t affect structures at all.

1 Like

I see, too bad, another potential exploit gone :sunglasses:… uh never existed I suppose lol.

Reported this bug some time ago (Maybe coop dev team read this forum more often). Encountered this, when tested safety zones on my coop test map.

So that is why mass VT with Zeratul was somewhat weak last time I played it.

1 Like

I wonder if that was put in to make the Mission Failed ending cutscene more dramatic (since the super hybrid blasts the primary base and cuts through the primary structure starting locations).

1 Like

Wait… I still don’t get the ballistic ling one

Basically it won’t happen unless timed perfectly or coincidentally between the initiation of the jump/dash/dive and the end, where if you entered them into then out of a Nydus. At least that’s my understanding of it.

Edit: there, someone who understands better than I do. Apparently I didn’t understand either lol.

You place omega worm right next to enemy building, set rally point from this worm to enemy building, load zerglings into some other worm or the network at base, then unload them near the enemy, they start leaping before coordinates is changed. No need for any perfect timings.

2 Likes

I hope all these have been reported, if not please do so.

And thank you for the work you’re doing, Blizzard really should hire you as a consultant to help with bug fixes in coop :slight_smile:

When Dehaka’s level hits 524200 his hit point is set to (1/1) because his experience meter is reversed (-524200)