Infestors are extremely stupid

They were already nerfed.

They should give the Corruptor it’s old corruption ability back, Buff the Ultralisk and Lurker, Buff the Mutalisk with some type of upgrade so they have a mid-late game usage, and reduce the power of the Infestor.

You don’t need a yearly overhaul to do all this, you can get this all done with in a few weeks of testing and refining changes.

Anything that isn’t a corruptor-broodlord-infestor-viper-spore crawler gets phased out.

BC’s ATA damage got nerfed, YC damage got nerfed and YC research time got nerfed.

Carriers interceptor build time got nerfed and GC upgrade was removed.

I would have been that, if it wasn’t for the KingCobras of the world and their cannon rushing. Regardless, I’ve had the chance to play similar foes and have a 70% win rate vs Zerg this season on EU.

I just watched that game you linked. This guy’s play style/build is by far the most similar to mine than anyone else, yet it’s still so freaking weird, even to me. This guy is the most fascinating Toss player to me.

What really separates players, imo, who want to play this style is how good are you at denying fast 4th bases by Zerg. 1) What do you do to prevent it? 2) If you can’t, how do you react? Can you still win?

With this Zerg’s fourth base timing, you’re pretty much supposed to win. I’m curious if he still does this early tempest thing, and if it’s in a response to fast fourth bases or what.

Either way, this guy is amazing. If I ever tried to just make carriers, I’d lose to corruptors every game. I like watching his P vs T. This guy plays like it’s broodwar or something. He’s so good at splitting armies and what not. His obs placement is the stuff of dreams, too.

1 Like

bc does more damage now then it did before.
bcs will trade better then corruptors, the so called counter to them.
carriers are getting buffed next patch.

see the problem here? you’re already buffing 4 units to fill the void for the infestor. this isn’t something you do mid year balance patch. this is something you do after blizzcon.

or we can wait till the end of the year balance overhaul where we have a chance to properly test it and make sure there aren’t unforeseen consequences.

false. literally need some of the rest to cover any runbys and for doing runbys yourself.
and again - corruptor, broodlord, infestor, viper, sporecrawler still doesn’t come close to “winning a game with infestor”.
you are winning a game with a combination of units and defenses that cover each others weaknesses.
WAAAH.

and yet BCs still trade superior against Corruptors.
math above. go see for yourself.

the same interceptor build time that is getting made faster next patch?
and yeah GC got removed. they also release faster though.
see how that worked? they removed GC but made them launch faster normally. its a small compensation.

literal math proves you wrong again and again myohmind.
you claim Corruptors counter BCs but math says otherwise.
you claim BCs are weaker but literal math says otherwise.
WAAAH.

1 Like

I can put together a list of changes that I would do to reduce the power of the infestor and make the other Zerg unit options better.

If you do the changes right, Infestors would still be a viable support option and you would see far more composition selection from Zergs which would make the tech switching part of the race much better.

except i don’t trust you.
your math skills suck.
you still stand by the claim that the bc is nerfed despite LITERAL MATH saying otherwise.
you compare fungal to AAM when they are two very different abilities.
you claim that it’s not fair that terran doesn’t have a late game AoE kill spell but ignore all the other similar “unfairness” for the other races.
you claim its not fair that fungal and parabomb perform well together but ignore the fact that other races have similar abilities.
you claim that fungal + parabomb makes it impossible to micro (which is false, it just makes it take longer for the units to move apart, big difference there).

so why would and should we trust you?
you don’t have a very good track record of being HONEST at all. and that is just in this thread.

Because I’ll blow your expectations out of the water and get the job done.

YC has less damage and a longer research time does it not?

Both Fungal and AAM are AOE debuff spells.

Each race originally had 1 AOE killing spell respectively. Storm, Missile and Fungal.

But Terrans AOE killing spell no longer kills and Zerg now has 2 AOE killing spells.

EMP and AAM cannot kill together.

Storm and Time warp can technically kill together but Time warp is so rarely used. Time warp also doesn’t do any damage unlike Fungal.

Fungal slows units by 75%, It’s impossible to split in time since the Fungals get chained.

Fungal does 30 damage, Parabomb does 120. Together they do 150 damage and Vikings only have 135HP.

that wouldn’t take much. because right now i have ZERO Reason to trust you and my expecations for ANYTHING you propose would be downright dreadful.
so again. i have no reason to trust you.

still capable of one shotting a corruptor.

except 1 came from a flying unit and did its damage upfront and thus allowed you to spam it and kill everything in under a second.
and the other came from a ground unit, it’s damage was over time and didn’t stack.

different races are different.
how is it fair that terran and protoss have units to drain energy but zerg does not?
how is it fair that terrans baseline unit is ranged and targets air and zerg and protoss is not?
oh. different races are different.

i wasn’t talking storm and time warp - storm + FF can though.
also EMP Can drain a protoss shields allowing for the AAM to do actual health damage. all while draining any energy the protoss has?
dang good combo no?

impossible? there you go again lieing. no. you can definitely micro against that.
is it harder? absolutely.

and takes about 5-6 seconds to do that damage.
how long did it take for mass ravens to murder an army?
literally a second with mass spam.

see. still you persist in lieing, absolutely ZERO Reason to trust you.

1 Like

AAM doesn’t do damage.

Well let me prove you wrong.

To kill a single unit it takes several AAM’s back when it did damage.

The debuffs matter more when it comes to spam. AAM being spammed didn’t make usage of the debuff it had since spells ignore armor anyways. Fungal debuff allows you to chain Fungal since the targets cannot get away.

Fungal could be changed to do that.

Blizzard adding the Roach and moving the Hydralisk to T2 screwed up so many different things for Zerg and SC2.

Fungal has a radius of 2.25.

It takes far more time to kill anything with AAM spam back when it had damage. Depend on a units HP and where they were in the splash damage it would take a couple to dozens.

it did back in the day though. and still drain shields + increase damage taken + drain energy. good combo.

i’ve given you AMPLE oppurtunities to stop lieing and you keep lieing.
when you stop lieing, maybe i’ll trust you. but you haven’t stopped lieing.

true, but i could use 6-7 AAM and kill an entire army.

AAM made use of the fact that about 10 ravens could wipe out an entire army in a second by blanketing it with AAM.
again you lie - the target can get away from a fungal chain. we see it frequently in high level matchups. is it harder? yes. obviously. impossible? no. still lieing i see. still not giving me ANY reason to trust you.

doesn’t matter - point is that you said “this isn’t fair that this has this and this doesn’t”. there is lots of examples of this throughout the game of sc2.
why is terran the only race that can mine minerals without using supply?
why is terran the only race that gets a baseline ranged unit that can shoot up?
why is zerg the only race without a capital ship that can target ground and air?
why is zerg the only race without the ability to drain opposing casters energy?
why does terran have so much friendly splash?
why does protoss have so many get out of jail free cards?
why is protoss the only race with front loaded production?

different races are different.
if you want a game where most the races are very similar a great game exists for that.
it’s called Age of Empires 2.

does that make it impossible for units to get away? no. it makes it harder.
stop lieing.

far more time? how many times did we watch 4-5 ravens all spam AAM in under a second a wipe out an entire army of lings and banes, letting the rest of the terran army mop up the leftovers?
oh wait.
all the dang time.
how long did it take for that 8-10 army supply of ravens to wipe out that zerg army?
less then a second.

Still lieing.
still don’t trust. bye liar.

1 Like

It was more like 20+ Ravens, not 4-5,6-7 or 10.

You needed so many AAM’s to have equal damage to the other races AOE spells.

Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean it’s a lie.

Artosis on PylonShow: OMG: what can we do now, Carrier is attacking me with 7 interceptors instead of …6.
Prepare the gg.

This guy must be trolling.

1 Like

an army of lings and banes? no more then 6 or 7 AAM needed.
higher health armies? sure. but you’re still talking about killing an entire army in a second. two tops.

no, when you say something like “it’s impossible to micro against something” and you can literally micro against it, and has been proven by pros time and time and time again, that is a lie. when you claim that bcs are weaker, but literal math proves you wrong, that is a lie.

i’m not saying the carrier buff is enough alone. but combined with IT doing less damage it will be a shift in the right direction.
and considering literally winrates for PvZ in the last two big tournaments have been 50%, what is there to complain about?

that the Infestor isn’t getting nerfed enough? how do you think zergs feel about immortal warp prism pushes?

But don’t worry, Zerg will still be able to make an army of IT’s and NP your army, while having an entire army themselves supported by an entire army of spore crawlers.

So if it takes 6-7 to kill some lings and banelings, how can you say that it would also take 6-7 to kill units like Broods or Carriers?. Those a very different numbers of AAM required, energy required, raven numbers required and TTK back in the day and you even got the numbers of AAM to kill lings and banelings wrong.

The IT damage nerf will do absolutely nothing to stop Zerg from building 20+ infestors and killing a Protoss army.

It’s only 50% because of 2 base all-ins from Protoss.

WP’s should never have had 6 range and Infestor-Brood should have got the same treatment Carrier-HT and Ravens got.

Infestors survive round 2 baby, even walked away with cheaper overlord speed. I know a lot of you are thinking “Waaah Waaah!” because you were dreaming of more Infestor nerfs but look at the bright side you will get a chance to learn 2 play.

I’m looking forward to the next Infestor whine post. After I mass Infestor and instant win I enjoy a good read.

4 Likes

Nothing important changed with Infestor. The most dangerous spell (NP) is still there intact. Back on the days when that ability existed, the casting unit (DarkArchon) drained 150 energy and lowered the shield to 0. And it was not possible to mass 20-30 DarkArchons…

Honestly this is very relieving to see that the balance team doesn’t listen to every whine post posted here.

1 Like

Just watched snute lose to a cannon rush. He watched the replay and pointed out his mistakes (scouted it late so ravagers were off the table, banelings hit cannons instead of pylons, didn’t pull drones at the same time, didn’t place creep tumors for easier access to the location with queens). THAT is how starcraft is played.

Meanwhile these forums are convinced cannon rushes are op. The whiners think they are playing a different game called “Freeloaders 2”. They don’t appreciate what sc2 is. A loss to them is an opportunity to make their experience seem like some mighty struggle and to grandstand for attention. To everyone else a loss is an opportunity to improve - a challenging problem to be solved.

To the whiners, satisfaction comes at the hand of others affirming how great their struggle is, and for others it’s actually overcoming the struggle. The whiners never want to improve because it will undermine their “great” struggle. This is sadly a common mindset that people get stuck in in real life in general and sc2 wouldn’t be exempt. Self improvement cannot happen until one learns how to process loss in a healthy way that focuses on overcoming the problem instead of blame shifting and grandstanding.

2 Likes

at this point i swear myohmind is just here to waste peoples time.

Welp myohmind should be happy. Infestor bug fixed, should be a pretty solid nerf for it. But knowing him its not enough.