Infestors are extremely stupid

Not with the nerfs you want.
We get it. You dont like the infestor.

When the raven was nerfed did they hit every spell it had or just aam?

Heaven forbid zerg have something to fight late game air units with.

Waah zerg can actually fight against air armies for once.
Waah.

You dont nerf every aspect of a unit all at once. Its called overkill.

Blatant lies eh? Your signature style.

He crusaded to keep the AAM doing damage. At first he tried bargaining for just a lower damage, and then when people pointed out the reason why fungal isn’t a problem and this one is, he switched to asking for a damage over time change. Now he’s bitter about it and wants fungal damage removed too. And you just hate zerg. Not hard to figure out to anyone who visits this forum enough to recognize our names (for those who don’t know, barcode is BourneKilla). But you can continue to try to trick the less regular forum visitors if you want, I can’t stop you and I think you know that.

Because they don’t need to be nerfed? Pretty simple. And again, nice job with just pulling facts from thin air. Any support for this ‘every pro’ claim? Because my guess is all you’ve got is the typical whiners like heromarine and parting. But please, feel free to list EVERY pro saying that infestors are broken. Or you could, you know, say things that are accurate? If you’ve got a long list of pros, list them. With links. And no, I am not going to sift through 2.5 hours of video to find them, use timestamps.

You’ve said this to me several times now and every time I respond and list times when I’ve said something of zergs was op. And you promptly ignore it and then repeat yourself the next time you feel the need to discredit me because you have no argument.

Heck, I answered this same exact question from Goba last week and I’ll tell you the same thing: go back to the old forum and find when the nydus was first proposed, I made it pretty clear I thought it was broken. You could also dig up me saying that terran needed some buffs to counter the 8 armor ultra. Or just a couple days ago I was talking about the overlord speed buff and said that 75/75 is good but 50/50 would be too cheap. The image you’re trying to paint of me just isn’t accurate, sorry buddy.

Only after you couldn’t convince people to be fine with just lowering the damage. Act reasonable all you want but you crusaded for months about this and then when you didn’t get your way you made it your mission to add shield armor reduction. You’re just throwing a temper tantrum.

They did back when Mass raven was a thing with PDD.

There is no fighting, Zerg NP’s or Abducts the late game air units and it’s GG.

Here are the nerfs I want for the infestor:

• NP energy cost increased from 100 to 125
  • Fungal can no longer target air units

Ravens got reworked with completely different spell sets, Infestors might end up getting a similar treatment.

You mean during the yearly revamp of races? Because that was when pdd got hit.
Exactly when im telling you to wait to COMPLETELY CHANGE HOW ZERG WORKS?
Geez myohmind you got some twisted logic there.

Here is a question for you, what should Protoss do against 20+ infestors surrounded by spores?.

Come at it from multiple angles and spread out.
Heres a question for you.
Whens the last time the way an entire race was changed from the ground up outside of thr yearly revamp or expansion release?
Answer - never.
Infestors power is being nerfed. It isnt enough for you because youre obviously biased biased against it.
Wait till the yearly revamp.

Zerg has creep and overlords. Protoss army in the late game has to stay together to survive and protect itself. Zerg has dozens of static D on top of the deathball army they have and the IT army they can create in addition to your army that will get NP.

Infestors are not the entire race of Zerg.

Not really since you can still spam the same number of IT’s, NP any type of unit while burrowed and Fungal the enemy to death regardless if they are air or ground.

It can be done in less than a month using the map editor.

let me ask you something - how long did it take to nerf 3 rax reaper?
how long did it take for zerg to get an answer to forcefield?
how long did it take for zerg to actually have a good answer to golden armada?
i have little sympathy for you in this case.
you cannot nerf the infestor without giving zerg 4-5 buffs to other units. that is something you handle at end of the year. not middle of the year.

no, but it would take 4-5 other units being buffed for zerg to actually have a chance with your plans to the infestor. and no i don’t believe you when you say you would just nerf fungal against air (Which is a huge hit to the ability of zerg to fight massed air) and increasing the cost of NP.
especially considering you’ve listed such things as - doubling the cost of the infested terran and increasing the supply of the infestor as well. i don’t trust you. you haven’t given me a single reason too and you continually lie where the infestor is involved.

you prove my point right here - each IT is having its power reduced by 21%-42%. if that isn’t a nerf, you’re an idiot.

and yet blizzard has literally NEVER reworked how an entire race works until the end of the year. BOOHOO.

Yes you can do it middle of the year. ZvP is going to be in such a bad Zerg favored late game state after the next balance changes come out the Infestor is going to be nerfed a few months after.

Nerf the Infestor(except for IT’s which have got nerfed already), buff the ultralisk and lurker and mutalisk.

Massing a late game unit or caster unit to win the game is bad for the game. Ravens and Carriers showed that, Infestors are causing the same exact problems.

Those suggestions would fix so many issues with the Infestor, also Zerg has Parabomb to deal with mass air.

Another solution to NP would be to make it not work on massive units. Another solution to Fungal would be to just make it a pure damage spell and completely remove the debuff.

Many solutions and suggestions on how to reduce the power of mass infestor.

It’s a nerf, but only handling 1/3rd of the issues with the infestor in large numbers.

The infestor is not the entire race of Zerg and have you not seen this proposed mid season patch?. They are completely nerfing Protoss 2 base all-ins and zealots without buffing units like the Adept, Voidray, and Stalker. Also they are not even buffing Protoss counter options(like Feedback range) or significantly nerfing Zergs infestor heavy late game which is absolutely crushing Protoss time and time again which forces them to all-in more.

Sorry but zerg works that way not Protoss. While you are right with spreading, the splitting of a Zerg and Protoss armies are quite different.
Inividually protoss units are expensive junk and their full-potential is achieved when several units fight togather.
The equation 0.5 + 0.5 = 1 is maybe valid for zergs but in protoss case we have 0.5 + 0.5 = 0.25.
Splitting armies does not affect all three races equally.

1 Like

blizzard has literally NEVER balanced that way. why should they start now? why should zerg be the one to have to completely relearn how there races at the most important time of the year?
protoss and terran never had to deal with that crap.
and no, it isn’t that badly in favor of zerg, winrates show that. too bad for you and your continual lieing.

great - now zerg has no way to fight late game air armies. good job.

according to you having mass late game casters is bad.

the same parabomb that all i have to do is split off the targeted units and easily counter? yeah good argument einstein.

so basically with your solutions if i was terran i would go mass skyterran and completely wreck zerg. seeing as the corruptor doesn’t counter what its supposed to, and you just took away zergs literal only answer to battle cruisers.
GG myohmind. GG.
you have ONCE AGAIN shown you don’t give two craps about balance.

yep. and clearly you don’t think about balance when you suggest solutions.
so - nerfed IT by bug fix, nerf NP to not affect massive units, and Fungal no longer slows or touches air. tell me Myohmind - how does a zerg beat skyterran?
or skytoss?

according to you.

nerfing the infestor would requiring buffing at least 4 other units to keep zerg in the late game - that means its pretty much the entire race getting fixes.
sorry you don’t like it but that pretty much is a revamp.

seriously - go ahead.
Infestor - IT bug fixed, (means IT hits a BC for 42% less damage then it currently does), NP doesn’t target air, Fungal doesn’t hit air.
how does a zerg beat Skyterran? because you know what i’d do? id have a few ravens to AAM the zerg army, and watch as BCs and vikings wreck the rest.
Corruptors don’t counter BCs.
Infestors no longer work against them either.
Vikings no longer have to worry about Fungal, which means Parabomb is a non issue as i just split off the targeted units.

GG Skyterran Wins.

no, but flanking with chargelots would do a heck of a lot. with Infestor BL zerg doesn’t have that much of a ground pressence.

and myohminds ideas would just make zerg late game such a joke that protoss and terran would autowin by hitting the late game.

They have balanced that way.

You mean like Protoss are going to and how Terrans did with the Raven?.

Win rates in ZvP are only even because of the Protoss all-ins. Which are now getting nerfed.

You have Corruptors, queens, hydralisk, spores, vipers and infestors still.

That’s according to the Balance Team, case in point the Raven.

Corruptors beat BC’s hilariously when you get armor upgrades for them since the BC ATA is weaker per shot.

Also why should Zerg be able to completely remove any massive unit from the fight at will?.

I’ve listed dozens of different ways to nerf Fungal and NP, you seem to like to focus on a few of those suggestions to fit your narrative.

Not true at all.

I never said NP shouldn’t target air, also Zerg having 2 AOE spells that stack makes fighting against Zerg air with anything but T3 ships impossible.

You are whining and crying like a Terran about Mass Raven.

IT’s can attack ground units, Fungal slows and kills the zealots and you have the broodlords.

Queens are better than equal supply of Thors for AA. There is literally no better AA unit in the game (Except 0.25 supply IT ofc)
Zerg: REEEEEEEEEEEEE, I have no AA!

never to the point of reworking an entire race in the middle of the year.
even your precious point about the raven happened during the annual rework.

difference - protoss are losing some power on an early game pressure.
terrans didn’t have the entire race changed. the rest of the terran units stayed the same.
which is exactly what you would have to do if you get your hands on the infestor. nice try though.

as is zerg late game. so yeah, good try.

corruptors - lose to bcs heads.
queens/hydras - you got to be kidding me right?
spores - only work as a zoning tool.
vipers - yeah we got that. but nothing to back it up.
infestors - no longer do jack crap against late game AA.
there is a reason the IT was buffed in the 4.0 patch, well AFTER zerg was given the viper.
because zerg late game AA was still crap.

the problem with the raven was it could literally delete an entire army in a second. and everyone knows that. except you obviously.

i already showed you the math that says this is false. and yet you continue to prove otherwise.

why should terran be able to do it?
why should protoss be able to recall its entire army to any nexus it has?
why should protoss be able to make fake units that take enemy damage?
different races are different

you’re the one that keeps changing your argument every 2nd day.

you said it shouldnt be able to target massive. well guess what? why would we nuerel something else.
and protoss doesn’t have abilities that stack for added benefit?
terran doesn’t stack multiple abilities for added benefit?

so tell me - how would you beat mass skyterran without NP, without fungal, and with IT being nerfed?
because guess what, despite your claim about corruptors beating BCs, the math shows otherwise.

and that means energy that isn’t being used to take out more important units.
you’re literally draining infestor energy on chargelots. GG.

“Mass sky terran”
lol, throw 2 P bombs at it and its dead.

Aaaahahahahhahaha stop it xD youre killing me, that is comedy gold! Say more dumb stuff pls

VS anything thats not BC, yes, they are. BC is made to kill ground so it will kill both Queens and Thors anyway. And, well, I guess Phoenix, because that one cant lift Thor.

I would buff those other Zerg units anyways to give Zerg more composition and viable unit choices.

I would be fine with not touching the infestor more if Protoss had better counters to mass infestor. Such as +1 feedback range.

The IT spam part, but that bug should have never existed in the first place.

Mass infestors do that too. Fungal the army, NP the big units and spam IT’s against everything else.

5-2 = 3

BC ATA at max attack does 8, Corruptor at max armor upgrades has 5 armor.

You build massive tag units to fight Zerg late game, but Zerg late game completely counters them with NP and Abduct.

It’s called brainstorming and looking at the problem from different angles and perspectives.

20+ infestors makes energy a non factor.