Infestor is an insult to all the Terran and Protos pros

Surely serral with a month of practice with protoss or terran could sweep the floor with anyone in the same way as he does with zerg

1 Like

tough statement. The statement can be seen as biased.

1 Like

I highly doubt it. But, we will never know. So speculations are up for debate.

2 Likes

Of course it can, but I would like to believe there is enough objectionable data to prove a strong case.

1 Like

i find it hard to like it in the game. there are so many possibilities. one game is not just another game, because you always have to look at the events before it.

you a fan of Beastyqt?

Yes, but my opinions don’t always match up with everything Beasty says.

He gives good arguments but sometimes I’m not quite sure how far it goes.
On the topic of mistakes: I think Zerg is more vulnerable than T/P in early play. Because you have 3 resources (mineral, gas, larava). if you don’t have a bank, at the same time you need to know if you are building workers or army.
-> you go on too many workers| no army loses against push.
-> you go on army | no worker the opponent has an ecco advantage.
if a harass catches you it can be decided in the early game and you play against a snowball.
If you have a bank of mineral, gas, larava then you can make smaller mistakes.

For zerg it is usually harder to play terran than protoss

I’ve already seen that video and seen Serral beat GM’s with terran.

That is TREMENDOUSLY different than beating GSL with terran. We are talking WAY different.

Also, any pro player can play any race at the GM level. Many pros can play many races at the pro level.

However, to say that Serral would would do BETTER at terran than zerg is almost at the level of absurdity.

You think Serral could win 4 WCS’s in a row, GSL vs the world, And blizzcon in the same year with terran as well? No way.

1 Like

Apart from Scarlett who else?

Neeb originally played terran as a pro, although less successfully.

Gumiho has played random in the gsl before, so he can clearly do all 3.

There are more examples, but the point remains the same.

I’m surprised you didn’t realize that was a thing. But yes, many pro players can play more than 1 race at the pro level.

1 Like

Moving from one race to another is not the same to play two races at the same level

I never said pro players play another race that is equal to their level.

I said:

Well, but serral was just casually playing terran against that “pro”. If he only played terran his level would be much higher than that. Wouldn’t be very difficult for he to be the best foreigner terran

In regards to “probability”.

What is the probability that Serral would be a better terran than zerg?

Let’s extrapolate.

If Serral won 4 WCS tournaments in a row, GSL vs. The World, and Blizzcon in one year…what would the chances be that if Serral was playing terran he would get the same result?
Then, what would the chances be that Serral playing terran would have a “better” run than his zerg?

The answer: near 0%,

Considering no one in history has accomplished what serral has accomplished, I don’t know why you would see it as likely that Serral as terran could have greater feats than Serral as zerg.

1 Like

No, that would not make much sense, since playing zerg should be partly because he feel more comfortable with the race. Surely he has more talent with zerg than with other races, but you should not underestimate his ability. Most who complain about the balance use serral as if he were the zerg race

I can’t help you. The fact you think Serral as terran could win 4 WCS’s, GSL vs. the World, and Blizzcon in a single year because he did it with zerg is far beyond unreasonable, especially since there is no proof he can use terran to compete near GSL level.

So you think he did all that because he plays zerg and zerg is op? It’s not because he has talent and it’s not because he strives to improve, it’s because zerg is op. Sorry, I can’t help you.

4 Likes

People seem to forget that the changes come online in about 4 days

2 Likes

No, he did that through his talent, and perhaps zerg is the easiest race to masters. However, what you’re saying is completely irrelevlant.

Serral has not proven his terran is near GSL level, and furthermore, the baseline probability of Serral being able to accomplish what he has with terran as well, is almost 0%.

It’s not my fault you don’t understand kindergarten probabilities.