Infestor is an insult to all the Terran and Protos pros

i dont have any problems with infestors, i just build tanks. you can see them moving when they are burrowed so you can just use scan if they get too close.

2 Likes

If you think Serral only wins because he’s zerg. zomg you have a long way to go learning there is skill involved in this game. You’re posting the same mess every year, because the champ is X their race must be op…ever consider players just being good.

4 Likes

Serral is a top player. But dare you speak in public that elazor is a top player and his behavior matches the top 2 in GSL vs the World?
Blizzard just want Europian zerg players to win. That’s it. See what happened last year (I mean thethe balance report, serral was the top zerg player in the world after all). And they’re doing it again. Because letting an Europian get the championship is more “profitable”.
And they dare to call it a “match”. It’s just a show.

4 Likes

Lollll, Serral is the best player in the world by a pretty big margin and neeb would be lucky to be top 5 overall. Nothing but protoss bias here.

3 Likes

Did I suggest remove this unit? I do remeber saying “Mass Infestors” right?

1 Like

Some Zergs needs to evolve more brains and less whine ducts.

3 Likes

Blizzard Balance Zerg Team is master of inventing random buffs to Zerg. Zerg will never be in a bad spot as long as the Balance Zerg Team remains.

Infestors, Swarm Hosts and Nydus are in such a comical spot of stupidity that everytime we see it on a progame chat just spams LUL. People don’t even argue anymore that it’s broken.

I will already tell you guys in advance, Infestor problem lies not only on Infested Terran but also on Fungal, which is basically a Storm + Slow. There is no counter play to that and don’t tell me it’s EMP or Feedback/Storm because Fungal outranges it all LUL.

That stuff is broken beyond belief.

9 Likes

But… but… but the EMP buff… it’s going to solve everything!

2 Likes

Infestor’s three skills all have problems. And can you believe that infestor requires only 2 supplies?

2 Likes

For what it does 4 supply sounds right. The great solution to massing a unit is to increase its supply cost.

5 Likes

You might have a point if Elazer ony beat protoss pros.

However, he beat Dark, another zerg and last GSL champion, on even footing. Then he beat a terran who just 3-0’ed sOo, and then beat a protoss known as Neeb, who is very good.

He beat all 3 races, including mirror matches with Dark.

It was weird because he played really weird and made many basic RTS mistakes as you said, but somehow did manage to outplay his opponents regardless.

I do think zerg late game is too strong, but the fact he beat Dark in a series shows that its not simply just race advantage. It might have been dumb luck, I don’t know. He cut it close in many series and kind of wobbled around to victories.

5 Likes

Would Serral be a successful pro player playing any race? Sure.

Would he be as successful as terran or protoss as he is with zerg? Highly unlikely.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s all really weird. We’re not just talking about a pro, but an elite one. To be like the only pro who is a meme for lacking basic fundamentals, it’s just weird math.

I think the biggest reason, though, is just the lack of skill ceiling Zerg has. It’s just so much harder for non Koreans to be on the same level as their Toss and Terran counterparts (Terran more so than the others).

It’s like two races are playing baseball, where the ball being thrown is a golf ball, and Zerg is being thrown a beach ball. Like… every Zerg is going to be able to accomplish the same feat (hitting the ball). A “mortal” can accomplish the same feats as the “super humans.”

The lower the skill ceiling, the more strategy will decide who wins.

1 Like

He thinks cannon rushes are op yet is somehow 5.8k mmr. Something does not add up.

*you are intolerant of what success zergs glean, which outside of serral is not much.

5 Likes

Elazer was threading the needle. Even 1 misstep vs those nukes and the game is over. This sort of playstyle is extremely difficult and zergs only do it because it’s the only way for zerg to win. Imagine how mad players would be if zerg were strong enough to win games at the 10 minute mark instead of the 45 minute mark.

Imagine, for example, if zergs could rush 1 broodlord on 2 bases and insta-kill a terran who has massed static defense and has twice the resources invested into defense than the broodlord cost. Zergs having to play a 45 minute long game in order to win is a symptom of zerg being underpowered, not the other way around

3 Likes

Heres the thing. Your not the only person who wants to nerf it further than it already is being nerfed

Time can beat Soo just because Soo didn’t want to play the lategame. Elazer can beat Time because he just stayed back and wait the moment he has the bank to make infestors, brlords & spores. That’s the only difference.

I agree with the well-known fact that zerg can compete at mastery level much easier than protoss and terran. Protoss is great for ladder and MMR, but zerg is great for tournaments in best of 7 or so.

1 Like

The mass hysteria that has exploded after the GSL vs the World is just that, mass hysteria.

Infestors are already being adressed, PvT is being adressed, there are changes already under way. Most of the complains that are seen here on the forums are already being taken care of. From that point on, all that is happening is beating a dead horse. “Infestors need to get nerfed, infestors need to get nerfed”. They are getting nerfed. Move on.

7 Likes