Increase fps in Coop playing on an old pc

I wanted to share with you what I did to get more fps in Coop, playing on a fairly old pc. I clarify that I was testing and seeing the fps, the most technical things I do not know.

What I did was install older versions of Microsoft’s Visual Studio (StarCraft 2 game on a Windows 10 64-bit pc). All the versions that I installed remained on the pc together, it is not necessary to uninstall the newer ones. This increased me between 10 and 20 fps.

I don’t know which one the game uses, but to test I downloaded and installed all of them. If anyone knows, let him know.

As you can not put links in the forum posts, I name them the ones I installed and search in Google, it is easy to find :grin:

• Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

• Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012

• Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package

And this is the newest so to speak:

• Visual Studio 2015, 2017 y 2019

You also have to have this installed for the game to work properly (I think it doesn’t start directly if you don’t have it):

• .NET Framework 4.8

I hope it helps you, I am not responsible for damages or failures in the operating system :sweat_smile:.
Sorry for the English, it’s Google Translate.

2 Likes

Your English is readable, what already puts you above ~30-40% of the forum, good job!

Tbh I believe it should be in “Coop” forum section, but doesn’t matter anymore.
There are ways to post links (if you have account around for quite a while and contribute to the forum, you can use the feature), or use some tricks as described by Leviathan:

Thanks for the info!

1 Like