I'm ok with smurfing. Here's what's not OK

Smurfing is fine with me, people have ladder anxiety or feel like the ladder at their rank is too hard. Some people are just weeners, whatever.

Here’s my issue:

When I queue into a smurf 9 times out of 10 this is a player who is actually of the same skill level but in fact playing a much lower rank. There is no universe where a 2K player is going to win a game against a 5.1K player and in 2v2 it’s so far beyond repair it makes my head spin.

So my proposal is simple:

If it’s a comical mis-match keep the MMR and Point reward the same for the low level player, but for the high ranked player don’t make him lose 50+ mmr and 100+ division points because the game wasn’t even supposed to happen in the first place.

Thanks

Can you elaborate a bit more? You are talking exclusively about team game mmr?

I’m ok with smurfing. Here’s what’s not OK

I’m not ok with smurfing. Here’s what’s not OK

Smurfing is not fine for me, people have ladder anxiety or feel like the ladder at their rank is too hard because they face smurfs and they get humiliated.

Smurfing is bad in general I used to play League of Legends since season 1 but when there started to be a smurf problem (it started to be really annoying around 2017) I just quit the game. It didn’t gave me any ladder anxiety honestly because I liked low rank chaotic gameplay and didn’t care about stats but it changed to that level where every single game you got a guy that tells everybody he is a platinum smurf and he literally destroys everything ruining the fun for others. This is the problem with smurfs. Not the ladder points.

I smurf. You play games for fun. Playing low levelers is fun. Playing high mmr players is not fun. So why play people at around your level, while playing low level players is much more fun?

I’m relatively certain that the issue for < MOST > players isn’t really about the fact that you got rofl stomped, but the fact that it was worth so much of your ladder points and MMR for a loss that wouldn’t have happened otherwise.

It ruins the game. However I used to smurf too but my smurfing was kinda different as these accounts was on nearly the same level. It was same league just division below like diamond 1 and diamond 2. Smurfing like Master VS Gold is nowhere fun. You can literally do anything like you are playing against Easy AI and you still win. How it’s fun? There is no challenge and has potential to remove the player from the game as people usually give up on everything very quick especially in XXI century.

It’s fun because it’s similiar skill level so you have balanced and interesting match. There is high possibility that the match will be very tiring but in general is more fun and its even more fun when you manage to win doing some old and unused or stupid things.

For most players yes. But not for everybody. For example I never cared about MMR at all. Except very few situations when I was diamond and I was about to reach master first time and literally I needed only one win and I was losing and then winning and lossing again and repeat and I was trying to reach this missing and jumping 30-50 MMR for like month to get there. Then I used to gently shout “KURWAAAAA” sometimes but other than that I didn’t really care about MMR.