I'm 3 missions away from finishing HotS. What is LotV like?

The thing is, if we start analyzing the entire Script from the beginning of SC1 to the end, it’s almost impossible not to find at least an inconsistency. I appreciate the game for what it is with its flaws. But I don’t want to go into the whole “It’d have been a lot better if this was like that and that was like this” type of thinking, since people’s opinions can vary a lot on that one.

I enjoyed the story so far, especially since I’ve also played SC1 and I loved the story in SC1, both in original and broodwar.

Personally, I’d have wanted more mystery in both WoL and HotS, and making things a little bit more difficult to understand, a little more complex. But it’s still quite decent. Doesn’t have to be perfect though.

2 Likes

After he got spaced the zerg got their hands on him and infested him. The protoss tracked him down and used a bunch of nanites to temporarily uninfest him. He was then given to the mobieus foundation in order for them to study the protoss nanites. When they failed he was reinfested and narud himself experimented on him.

2 Likes

Elaborating on this, the actual mission where he was de-infested, and where all this was explained, was a hidden mission in the StarCraft 64 version. I think Gradius did a recreation of it all for the PC version.

3 Likes

I hope I didn’t just read a huge spoiler from you guys. I said no LotV spoilers…

Its from about a decade before LoV. Youre fine.

3 Likes

I’m reffering to what Hyperion said. Where did he get all that information? Am I missing something?

So am I. There was a secret mission hidden in the StarCraft 64 version of Brood War that explained about Stukov’s resurrection and infestation. It was, IIRC, titled Resurrection IV or something like that.

1 Like

Damn. I feel dumb for not knowing of the existence of Starcraft 64

Some other dude added on to it and made a mini campaign out of it. I wasn’t in love with it but it’s bundled with mass recall now.

What’s Mass Recall again?

To be honest guys, in regards to HotS, I was really surprised that Valerian didn’t eventually retaliate against Kerrigan to defend his father. It would have been interesting to see that despite the terrible things his father did he still would have wanted to defend him.

Maybe he realized it was pointless to do so, because he’d have ended up dead along with his father?

Maybe. I think he just wanted to get the throne because he thinks he could be a better ruler. Siding with one mad butcher against another mad butcher.

A really well-made SC2 mod of the SC/BW campaigns. Also includes the precursor Confederacy campaign that takes place before Rebel Yell.

Arcturus tried to kill Valerian several times during the events of the book Flashpoint. That rather strongly soured Valerian towards his father, who he only barely got along with to start.

4 Likes

Somebody had to be there to pick up the pieces when kerrigan was done. The dominion leadership would be in shambles and the already considerable death toll would rise even further without someone stepping up and bringing order. Valerian cared enough for the people to do that.

3 Likes

Why didn’t Blizzard include the secret mission with Alexei Stukov in the PC version of SC1 as well? There’s already a secret mission in BroodWar, it wouldn’t have hurt anyone to put the one with Alexei as well. I would have loved to play through that mission. I loved “Origin”

Dunno. There were two other missions with Infested Stukov, one of which explicitly called him out as being infested. Both were downloaded as “Maps of the Month” from Blizzard’s website.

Maybe it was purposefully intended in order to sell the Nintendo 64 version as well? “Hey look guys, we’ve got SC for Nintendo as well! We have a bonus secret mission for you! Buy the game!”

Other than that the only reason I see is that the 64 version is 2 years newer and SC for PC was already launched 2 years before that.

@ShyFX, really glad you’re enjoying the franchise and the Campaigns!

This is a very good view to have with, well, most fiction.

1 Like

Doesn’t it bother you that she massacred a bunch of civilian planets of innocent people for petty revenge? She’s clearly still evil.

Juxta & Kelthar - it would be consistent of you guys to back me up here. :slight_smile: